PDA

View Full Version : Lola withdraws F1 application

Mark
17th June 2009, 13:45
Press release

17 June, 2009 Lola F1 Team Ltd withdraws its application to enter Formula One™ Lola F1 Team Ltd has today advised the FIA of the decision to withdraw its application to enter the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship. Significant financial investment has been made in producing its 2010 contender and the FIA had requested that the Lola F1 Team remain in a state of readiness for a possible future entry. Lola F1 Team has thanked the FIA for giving its application to enter the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship serious consideration. No further comment will be made.

Giuseppe F1
17th June 2009, 13:51
Press release

Lola's last F1 team only competed in one qualy session before it closed shop.

Lolas latest F1 team (indeed a company was established called Lola F1 team Ltd. was established) closes shop before even its first event.

Big shame - would have loved to have seen Lola and Dallara battling it out in F1.

It sounds a design for a car for 2010 was well established - could some of the other prospective teams adopt the design/subcontract Lola to build car? I doubt it

ioan
17th June 2009, 15:39
Maybe they didn't want to be part of Max' chess match!

UltimateDanGTR
17th June 2009, 16:08
im disappointed we wont be seeing lola next year, but on the other hand i say well done-dont get involved in this massive mess between Max and FOTA.

Hopefully Lola can do something better-le mans maybe?

Bagwan
17th June 2009, 16:20
"17 June, 2009 Lola F1 Team Ltd withdraws its application to enter Formula One™ Lola F1 Team Ltd has today advised the FIA of the decision to withdraw its application to enter the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship. Significant financial investment has been made in producing its 2010 contender and the FIA had requested that the Lola F1 Team remain in a state of readiness for a possible future entry. Lola F1 Team has thanked the FIA for giving its application to enter the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship serious consideration. No further comment will be made. "

Or , to put another way :
We spent a lot of friggin' money , because you held a carrot out for us .
When it came time to let us in , you locked the door .
Now you want us to stick around , waiting for an argument over the carrot , itself , to be resolved ?
Thanks a hell of a lot for taking us so seriously .
You won't hear from us again .

veeten
17th June 2009, 16:23
More likely that Lola will wait for '11, and then revise their application.

It's the smart move. Let all of the present tension work its way out, and bid for entry then, as the financial rules will be more set to make a proper budget.

Roamy
17th June 2009, 17:30
Good for Lola and lets hope that the rest do not cut a deal with mopey. Can you believe this kiss-ass peter windsor running around saying "Oh I am so Humbled by F1 acceptance" What a rumprider this guy is. Lola was already preparing for the windtunnel before they got screwed

BREAKAWAY NOW!!!!!

VkmSpouge
17th June 2009, 22:36
No real surprise, I guess. Hopefully Lola will re-apply whenever a grid slot next becomes available.

V12
18th June 2009, 01:09
Hate to sound like a broken record and probably this is the 54365376th time I've mentioned this, but it would be great that if yes, F1 want to restrict applicants based on quality (so no Andrea Modas or Lifes), they at least don't apply a rigid limit (was 12 teams, now 13 teams) and let anyone who wants to chance their arm, have a go (and let natural selection weed out the perennial DNQers). I get the feeling Lola could have build a decent car and been a lower-midfield contender.

Valve Bounce
18th June 2009, 02:59
I heard from a very reliable source that they exceeded their Mastercard credit limit. :D

Somebody
18th June 2009, 04:05
im disappointed we wont be seeing lola next year, but on the other hand i say well done-dont get involved in this massive mess between Max and FOTA.

What I would find interesting would be if all the other "failed" applicants said "stuff this" before Max's new deadline expired, and the FOTA teams didn't drop their conditions.

Won't happen, of course, but it would be beautiful to see the FIA reaction...

jens
19th June 2009, 14:29
In the last few days those news sounded very interesting and I think today we have reached closer to the truth. Probably Lola doesn't want to tie themselves with series that may collapse anyway (F1). Maybe they are negotiating with FOTA already? :)

52Paddy
20th June 2009, 12:59
Would Martin Birrane be involved with an F1 attempt by Lola this time? It would be great to have Irish involvement back in F1 (for me anyway :p :.) Wonder could he do a better job of it than Broadley.