PDA

View Full Version : Danica: The Brand

SarahFan
17th June 2009, 03:41
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AoTbMeO_DcTMdYKS1BL54cnov7YF?slug=ap-irl-danica-nascar&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jag_Warrior
17th June 2009, 06:47
Patrick has said in the past that if she were to make the move to NASCAR, she’d want it to be a lateral move, meaning she would move directly into a full-time Sprint Cup ride.

Yes, please do. Go. Go! Show the world exactly what you're made of.

The Danica. The myth. The legend (in her own mind). :rolleyes:

harvick#1
17th June 2009, 15:03
she comes to Nascar, she'll have alot of time off on Sundays :rotflmao:

The instant classic
17th June 2009, 16:22
like i posted on ***** i will say again
let danica go to nascar she can be the over-rated, over hyped driver and fit in well with Dale jr
and let nascar.com have 400000 danica topics made

Jag_Warrior
18th June 2009, 19:03
Danica's presence hasn't seemed to make any difference in the IRL's ratings. So would it really (really) matter to the IRL if she left? Despite her rather solid performances (so far) this season, she's still more like the Paris Hilton of motorsports. I think NASCAR could better utilize her. I think that NASCAR would use her (yes, use) to drum up some PR. NASCAR is already full of legitimate racers and the biggest racing stars in the U.S. Danica's role would be to attract attention: the one thing she's ALWAYS been good at. The problem is going to be getting her into races. If she winds up in a go or go home car, I don't think she has a snow ball's chance in hell of making very many (if any) races.

And sort of like her F1 chatter, she's already suggested that she wants to jump straight into Cup (ya know, cause she's just awesome like that :rolleyes :) .

But even if The Danica can't do anything else but have emotional meltdowns on pitroad or pick fights with the drivers' wives (I say Delana Harvick could take Danica out with one punch... bet?), she'll still generate attention for NASCAR. They already have enough proven, legitimate racers and winners. But Danica, combined with say, a Kyle Busch, could create plenty of media buzz. Hey, maybe Kyle and Danica could have an affair. Can you imagine the personality of the baby that might result from that pairing?! :eek:

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 04:36
Danica's presence hasn't seemed to make any difference in the IRL's ratings. So would it really (really) matter to the IRL if she left? Despite her rather solid performances (so far) this season, she's still more like the Paris Hilton of motorsports. I think NASCAR could better utilize her. I think that NASCAR would use her (yes, use) to drum up some PR. NASCAR is already full of legitimate racers and the biggest racing stars in the U.S. Danica's role would be to attract attention: the one thing she's ALWAYS been good at. The problem is going to be getting her into races. If she winds up in a go or go home car, I don't think she has a snow ball's chance in hell of making very many (if any) races.

And sort of like her F1 chatter, she's already suggested that she wants to jump straight into Cup (ya know, cause she's just awesome like that :rolleyes :) .

But even if The Danica can't do anything else but have emotional meltdowns on pitroad or pick fights with the drivers' wives (I say Delana Harvick could take Danica out with one punch... bet?), she'll still generate attention for NASCAR. They already have enough proven, legitimate racers and winners. But Danica, combined with say, a Kyle Busch, could create plenty of media buzz. Hey, maybe Kyle and Danica could have an affair. Can you imagine the personality of the baby that might result from that pairing?! :eek:

Danica has better taste than that troll!!

Cant say much more other than Danica comes to NASCAR, it will be for the money, because she hasn't a hope in hades of winning a race unless she is willing to take this seriously, and apprentice her way up in the Nationwide series first. What princess hasn't grasped is the IRL guys work around her, NASCAR boys will run her @ss over. What is more, if Dario Franchitti, Sam Hornish and Patrick Carpentier, all proven winners in Indy Cars come to NASCAR and struggle by being dropped into Cup, can you imagine the ego her majesty will take when she discovers she hasn't the first damned clue about what to do in a series that oh by the way, wont be allowing her to TEST at any of the tracks she races at until she gets there?

Danica at Bristol....can you say "hissy fit"?

harvick#1
19th June 2009, 05:04
Danica at Bristol....can you say "hissy fit"?

Martinsville, oh dear :mark:

Easy Drifter
19th June 2009, 05:15
Ah yes, Martinsville.
Last lap, DP several laps down gets in Smoke's way.
Obstacle removed stock car fashion.
Race over.
DP stomps down the pit lane.
Dp yells at Smoke.
DP pushes Smoke.
DP now sitting about 4 rows up in the grandstand across the track. :eek: :D :s mokin:

The instant classic
19th June 2009, 06:30
Ah yes, Martinsville.
Race over.
Dp yells at Smoke.
DP pushes Smoke.
DP now sitting about 4 rows up in the grandstand across the track. :eek: :D :s mokin:
i cant wait for the day smoke goes all italian stallion on her :D
then she will learn

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2009, 06:50
Don't listen to them, Danica! Me and DanicaFan have your back. We know you can do it. You just go on over there to that ol' NASCAR Cup series and make them respect your authortiiiiii! Remember, you are The Danica! And you're just awesome like that. Danica! Danica! Danica!

:rolleyes: *poor lil dumbass is going to get beaten like a rented govenrment mule*

beachbum
19th June 2009, 12:10
This whole "discussion" proves one thing. The Danica brand and brand managers are very good at generating attention. This whole DP to NASCAR story is almost identical to the same stories going around in 2006 when her last contract was up. It even has most of the same players, including Roush. That all proved to be just PR hype and I suspect this is as well.

The Danica brand thrives on attention. For a while this year she wasn't getting it. She was even being treated like other drivers in the media. (Horrors, can't let that continue). So the PR machine starts cranking out rumors and here we are. Once again internet forums are buzzing with threads and wild speculation, and the same rehashed articles full of innuendo and twisted logic show up in the media.

The only place available for DP next year is in the IRL unless some poor fool goes ga-ga over her and puts logic behind lust and rushes up with bags of cash.

At least one team is having fun with this. Anyone notice that Sarah Fishers PR person, Klint Briney, is now listed as her "Brand Manager"?

Mark in Oshawa
20th June 2009, 20:51
Ah yes, Martinsville.
Race over.
Dp yells at Smoke.
DP pushes Smoke.

Tony would never hit a woman...he would laugh at her...

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2009, 22:25
Tony would never hit a woman...he would laugh at her...

That's just cruel. You're just trying to get Danica's ass kicked aren't you? He either shoved or hit one several years ago. I'm not convinved that Smoke buys into this modern day political correctness/faux chivalry thang. I put $5 down that he'd drop her like a bad habit before he'd know what he was doing.

And this is no joke.... Danica's snarky attitude really would get her ass kicked in the NASCAR pits. And I don't mean by the drivers... I mean by the wives. Some of these ol' gals grew up around dirt tracks and short tracks. I've been to races where the wives and girlfriends would already be trading licks while the wreck was still happening on the track. And some of them can fight like men. There wouldn't be any of that towel throwing, like Milka Duno did.

But I like a good cat fight. Go Danica, go!!!! :devil:

SportscarBruce
21st June 2009, 01:21
I think what would best help Ms. Patrick reach the upper rung of performance, rather than media hype, would be teaming her up with Paul Tracy in a first-class team. :)

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2009, 06:50
That's just cruel. You're just trying to get Danica's ass kicked aren't you? He either shoved or hit one several years ago. I'm not convinved that Smoke buys into this modern day political correctness/faux chivalry thang. I put $5 down that he'd drop her like a bad habit before he'd know what he was doing.

And this is no joke.... Danica's snarky attitude really would get her ass kicked in the NASCAR pits. And I don't mean by the drivers... I mean by the wives. Some of these ol' gals grew up around dirt tracks and short tracks. I've been to races where the wives and girlfriends would already be trading licks while the wreck was still happening on the track. And some of them can fight like men. There wouldn't be any of that towel throwing, like Milka Duno did.

But I like a good cat fight. Go Danica, go!!!! :devil:

Tony is a new man from what people are saying. Being his own boss means he has no one to answer to, but unlike some people, that makes Tony happier and more careful about what he says. He is a little wiser now..

So no he wouldn't hit Danica...I suspect he would laugh at her as I said. I see Danica mad and it is my reaction. Her hissy fits are priceless comedy.... my daughter when she was 12 used to throw those....

V12
24th June 2009, 09:17
“My brand is determined, it’s feminine and hopefully—I feel a little bit awkward talking about myself like this—but something beautiful, something fast, something interesting and exciting and something inspiring and something iconic and something that’s doing things that’s never been done before,” she said. “Those are all things that I would hope would describe my brand.”

Oh god...as a fan of single seater racing who never really watches NASCAR...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to NASCAR!

colinspooky
24th June 2009, 16:59
She is pretty though. Thought that might help the conversation along a bit.

eh? oh, this is a motorsport forum where GOOD drivers are praised? Aha, my mistake. Ignore the above comment. ;)

Marbles
24th June 2009, 17:11
Ah yes, Martinsville.
Race over.
Dp yells at Smoke.
DP pushes Smoke.

Don't watch much NASCAR anymore but one lasting image I have from recent years is the "tough" melting right out of Smoke when Robby Gordon went down to his pit and got in his face after a set to on the track. He could probably take on Danica though. ;)