PDA

View Full Version : On what TV station can I watch F1 in Canada?

Giuseppe F1
16th June 2009, 22:26
Gonna be in Canada this weekend and hoping to not miss the British GP. Is anyone able to tell me if I can watch it on standard TV or is it only viewable on a pay-station?

Thanks in advance, guys

woody2goody
16th June 2009, 22:27
Gonna be in Canada this weekend and hoping to not miss the British GP. Is anyone able to tell me if I can watch it on standard TV or is it only viewable on a pay-station?

Thanks in advance, guys

No idea but your best bet is a pub or a bar.

the bro
16th June 2009, 23:00
TSN otherwise known as The Sports Network which is a fairly standard cable station. TSN only shows qualifying and the race. Speed TV shows the Friday practice but the rest of their coverage is blacked out.

http://www.tsn.ca/

This website lists autoracing programs in Canada

http://www.racefantv.com/CDNTV.htm

the bro
16th June 2009, 23:01
Might be a bit early for a bar as the race is on at 8am local time

yodasarmpit
17th June 2009, 00:14
Might be a bit early for a barNo such thing :)

Easy Drifter
17th June 2009, 02:50
You don't know Canada's Liquor laws! Some restuarants might put it on for you if they have TVs.
TSN will have race coverage starting at 7.55 am EDST. The time will depend where you are in Canada as there are several time zones and Sask. does not use DST.
No pre race show.
Are you going to be in a Hotel/Motel?
Pretty well all carry TSN on cable or satellite although it is a separate package from basic in most areas.
Small motels in out of the way places might not have cable or satellite and then you are out of luck.
Once in a while in some areas Speed does not get blacked out but again many motels do not carry Speed.
The IRL race will be on TSN2 on Sun. afternoon. Upscale Hotels may have that. TSN2 is not as common.
If you are in around Toronto the Vintage Festival is on at Mosport Fri. through Sunday. The feature is for Minis with another feature for German cars.
That is where I will be. I will record F1.
I do not get TSN2 but with satellite couldn't switch channels anyway.

Easy Drifter
17th June 2009, 03:05
Just checked the listings.
The Brit GP is on FOX on a time delay Sun. afternoon as well. TSN cannot black out FOX (Don't ask). You get the Speed commentators.
IRL is on ABC on Sun. afternoon as well. Pretty well all motels etc. carry both FOX and ABC.
The bars are open Sun afternoon but they all will have either baseball or NASCAR.

Giuseppe F1
17th June 2009, 21:39
Many thanks THE BRO and EASY DRIFTER - very much appreciated, guys

schmenke
17th June 2009, 22:25
Don't forget RDS ;)
Both quals and race broadcast live.

Valve Bounce
18th June 2009, 03:20
Go to pino's chat room: http://hyena-hosting.com/chat/phpMyChat.php3 during quals and before the race.

Ask there how you can watch F1.
If you have already registered at F1.com, log in there as well (be early) and you will also get the live timing, lap time and sector times, and gaps between the cars.

Be early!!

Enjoy!!

winer
18th June 2009, 05:30

Thanks in advance, guys

Where in Canada will you be? It is a big place - six time zones wide.