PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar Series Rule Book

cynisca
14th June 2009, 14:05
I would like to know why the IndyCar Series Rule Book has not been published? :confused:

I have read that only IndyCar racing team owners, crew members and race officials to get that Rule Book.

I have found the Rule Book on eBay.
The 2000 Rule Book and the 2007 Rule Book.

Yesterday I got my 2007 version of that book. :D

What's your opinion? Is it a good idea to keep it secret or not? I mean to know the rules about the points system or what the flags mean, you don't have to buy. But I think it's interesting to know other things.

SarahFan
14th June 2009, 14:15
holy cow..... that place is scary

6 of the first 10 threads are about 'danica'

yawn

beachbum
14th June 2009, 14:55
I would like to know why the IndyCar Series Rule Book has not been published? :confused:

I have read that only IndyCar racing team owners, crew members and race officials to get that Rule Book.

I have found the Rule Book on eBay.
The 2000 Rule Book and the 2007 Rule Book.

Yesterday I got my 2007 version of that book. :D

What's your opinion? Is it a good idea to keep it secret or not? I mean to know the rules about the points system or what the flags mean, you don't have to buy. But I think it's interesting to know other things.It isn't secret to those who need it.

chuck34
15th June 2009, 12:28
It isn't secret to those who need it.

Yeah, but what's the harm in publishing it for the fans? I quite quickly found the FIA regs for F1, and they are quite interesting.

16&Gtown
15th June 2009, 14:21
if you bought it, its published right?

the bro
15th June 2009, 14:32
I don't think it is published, he bought it on ebay. I think the rule book should be available online. In most sports leagues it is. Makes the whole thing much more transparent. Also makes for some interesting reading. I can't think of why you would not have it available online.

dataman1
15th June 2009, 14:41
I don't think it is published, he bought it on ebay. I think the rule book should be available online. In most sports leagues it is. Makes the whole thing much more transparent. Also makes for some interesting reading. I can't think of why you would not have it available online.

I agree 100%. No reason not to be trasparent if you have nothing to hide.

call_me_andrew
16th June 2009, 06:26
I suppose they figure NASCAR is doing well with its mysterious rules and closet full of skeletons.

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 04:40

Interesting reading? Listen guys, I used to get mailed racing regs for racing here in Ontario and reading on how big wings can be, or how the diffusers are to be measured put my feet to sleep.

I am sure the IRL regs might have a few interesting paragraphs, but I don't think it would be anything more than interesting to read looking for them breaking their own rules on race procedures and THAT, I suspect hasn't happened of late.

Just like the NASCAR rule book, you join the IRL as a journalist or participant on some level, you can get one.

beachbum
19th June 2009, 12:17
In the end, what is in the rule book is sometimes less important than how it is interpreted and enforced. Having combed through a few rule books, it is obvious that some rules are enforced by the letter of the rule and some are interpretations. Some are often ignored.

Judge the officials actions, not the document they use to support their decisions.

chuck34
19th June 2009, 20:56
In the end, what is in the rule book is sometimes less important than how it is interpreted and enforced. Having combed through a few rule books, it is obvious that some rules are enforced by the letter of the rule and some are interpretations. Some are often ignored.

Judge the officials actions, not the document they use to support their decisions.

Maybe I'm not following you correctly, but how can you judge an officials actions without knowing what they are basing said action on? You need to know if the rules say you can have a rear wing X by Y inches to know if Z inches is allowed.

For example: You can't know if the Supreme Court is doing the right thing without ever having read the Constitution. If they outlaw all guns and you don't know about the 2nd Amendment, you wouldn't know that you are getting screwed over.