PDA

View Full Version : F1 in widescreen

Dave B
16th February 2007, 18:30
Following up a thread on the old forum, about F1's dismal lack of widescreen in many countries, I have this good news:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that all Formula 1 coverage on ITV will be shown in 16:9 in 2007.
Kind regards,
Duty Office - dc

:bounce: :s pin: :D :up:

jonv
16th February 2007, 18:51
Cool. Room for more overtaking then :) :)

ChrisS
16th February 2007, 19:19
what about HD?

As a sport that is all about technology its ridiculous that F1 doesn't have HD coverage, especially since sports like football and cricket do

GridGirl
16th February 2007, 19:40
I never realised it wasnt in widescreen. I doubt HD would make a great deal of difference, I can hardly tell if im wacthing a HD channel or a normal one.

Dave B
16th February 2007, 20:01
what about HD?

As a sport that is all about technology its ridiculous that F1 doesn't have HD coverage, especially since sports like football and cricket do
Your only hope for F1 HD in the UK over the next couple of years is if Sky buy the rights - but it won't be cheap!

ChrisS
16th February 2007, 20:23
I never realised it wasnt in widescreen. I doubt HD would make a great deal of difference, I can hardly tell if im wacthing a HD channel or a normal one.

I think is clear to see the difference between HD and SD channels

what service do you have and what resolution TV?

On sky not all the shows shown from the HD channels are in true HD, if you click on the info button HD should be written next to the show title

Eki
17th February 2007, 18:39
Well, I couldn't tell a difference between a colour and a black&white broadcasting when I was watching a black&white TV set. Do you have a HD ready TV set?

GridGirl
18th February 2007, 21:57
I think is clear to see the difference between HD and SD channels

what service do you have and what resolution TV?

On sky not all the shows shown from the HD channels are in true HD, if you click on the info button HD should be written next to the show title

I have HD Sky and I dont notice a great deal of difference whenever I've watched sports channels with it. The ferrari's will still be red, Williams will still be slow, and Fisichella will always be very very 'appy whatever format I watch it in.

Bagwan
19th February 2007, 02:40
I have HD Sky and I dont notice a great deal of difference whenever I've watched sports channels with it. The ferrari's will still be red, Williams will still be slow, and Fisichella will always be very very 'appy whatever format I watch it in.

Ferrari's are red ?

Wow .

I gotta get a new TV .

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 03:02
What's so hot about widescreen? You paid for 100% of the screen, why only use 75% of it?

ioan
19th February 2007, 09:04
Ferrari's are red ?

Wow .

I gotta get a new TV .

A HD ready B&W would be a step forward! :D

Mark
19th February 2007, 09:08
Following up a thread on the old forum, about F1's dismal lack of widescreen in many countries, I have this good news:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that all Formula 1 coverage on ITV will be shown in 16:9 in 2007.
Kind regards,
Duty Office - dc

YES!!!!

Although, what's DC doing working there? :p

What's so hot about widescreen? You paid for 100% of the screen, why only use 75% of it?

I'll assume you are being serious and not deliberately dumb :s . At the moment the F1 transmissiosn only use 75% of my screen as the 4:3 image is too narrow, so you have black bars on the left and right. With the new widescreen feed it will fill 100% of the screen.

ShiftingGears
19th February 2007, 11:30
Does that mean the widescreen broadcast will only use 75% of everyone elses TVs?

Mark
19th February 2007, 11:33
No. If you have a 4:3 TV you can choose to cut off the sides and fill the screen, or have black bars at the top and bottom.