View Full Version : RHR to Foyt

SarahFan
12th June 2009, 17:07
http://www.foytracing.com/

1 less car in the series?

what happens with Izod?

SoCalPVguy
12th June 2009, 17:09
Poor RHR, now tenth is series points... with the AJ-Dog car he'll never see another point... Even PT couldn't make it go.

NickFalzone
12th June 2009, 17:15
I'm disappointed that PT or another outside driver won't be coming in, on the other hand Vision clearly couldn't handle 2 cars and its good to see RHR move over to Foyt. The equipment is only nominally better, but at least he'll get one on one attention, whereas at Vision clearly that car was an afterthought. I doubt this will have any effect with Izod, as all they seemed to care about is that their driver was on the grid... although yeah, will it be an ABC Supply/Izod car now? That might actually be a good thing if Foyt's team can use some of that additional sponsorship money on engineering.

DBell
12th June 2009, 17:35
Seems like a sideways move at best. I hope AJ can give him something decent to drive.

Dr. Krogshöj
12th June 2009, 19:09
Moving from one crap car to another. But at least he won't have a teammate with a non-crap car.

Lousada
12th June 2009, 21:24
I thought IZOD was never a team sponsor anyway? They sponsored RHR and the IRL but not Vision Racing.

El Libertador
12th June 2009, 23:49
Yeah, IZOD is a personal sponsor of RHR's and a series sponsor of the IRL. I'm assuming they did pay for the sidepod in the past few races, though.

I almost see it as a step up, at least at some tracks. Obviously, it was the worst car in Milwaukee, but Vitor looked really quick at Indy...he'll have no chance of a podium, though, which he was able to do in the Vision car at St. Pete. I guess we'll see how it works out but as a fan of RHR, I'm not sure this is exactly where I'd like him to be.

NickFalzone
13th June 2009, 01:47
Manning got a podium for Foyt last year at Watkins Glen. It wasn't some fluke either, he was running well all day. I think this will be at the least a moderate equipment improvement for RHR, and that says a lot about how bad the Vision stuff has been after St. Pete.

MDS
13th June 2009, 03:40
Anyone else think that TG's support base isn't dinged a little bit?

beachbum
13th June 2009, 11:52
Anyone else think that TG's support base isn't dinged a little bit?In today's economy, the support base for many teams has been dinged more than a little bit. No sponsor = no car.

SarahFan
13th June 2009, 21:16
Sure has been a long couple of months since Ryan was running up front at St Pete!!!

or Wilson for that matter

bravefish
16th June 2009, 05:18
Yeh still a chance on the road circuits with Foyts team - forget about the ovals - lap traffic before the weekend even starts

indycool
16th June 2009, 12:04
We don't know if RHR will be replaced at Vision....maybe Foyt IV?

Dr. Krogshöj
16th June 2009, 13:29
We don't know if RHR will be replaced at Vision....maybe Foyt IV?

According to Robin Miller, Vision doesn't have the money to run a second car. TG asked for $750K but his sisters denied it. IZOD was not paying anything for the #21 car, just the $6 million for the series sponsorship.

Mark in Oshawa
16th June 2009, 14:36
The sisters are tightening the screws.....ole Tony will find life a lot more miserable for things are over.

As for RHR getting in the Foyt car, well so much for PT's reign over there, not that I suspect he wanted to be there long term.

I hope AJ finds a way to hire the right people and let them do their jobs. I think that is 80% of the problem there.

SarahFan
16th June 2009, 15:07
According to Robin Miller, Vision doesn't have the money to run a second car. TG asked for $750K but his sisters denied it. IZOD was not paying anything for the #21 car, just the $6 million for the series sponsorship.

Izod is paying $6mil?

and they are the series sponsor?

Dr. Krogshöj
16th June 2009, 15:21
Izod is paying $6mil?

and they are the series sponsor?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-aj-and-hunter-reay/

SarahFan
16th June 2009, 15:25
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-aj-and-hunter-reay/

IZOD, which agreed to pony up $6 million in marketing and promotion this season

a little different.....but 6 mil none the same

Chaparral66
17th June 2009, 07:34
The sisters are tightening the screws.....ole Tony will find life a lot more miserable for things are over.

As for RHR getting in the Foyt car, well so much for PT's reign over there, not that I suspect he wanted to be there long term.

I hope AJ finds a way to hire the right people and let them do their jobs. I think that is 80% of the problem there.

This very well could be. AJ, I love him, but he is having a very difficult time getting out of his old school thinking sometimes. I'm glad to see hi talking with Honda engineers, but hi tech is difficult for him. I remember when he threw around his staffs laptops when things weren't going well for him at Indy. But I like that he hired RHR, and giving a talented American a ride and a chance, even small.

nigelred5
17th June 2009, 18:37
AJ needs more engineering support the way I read it.....

Chaparral66
17th June 2009, 18:41
AJ needs more engineering support the way I read it.....

I don't doubt it. He needs to understand the days of making a race ready motor out of a bus engine are long over.