PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 awaits 2010 entry list

CNR
12th June 2009, 00:22
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76027

Formula 1 is bracing itself for what could be its biggest day in recent years, with the FIA due to publish the much awaited 2010 world championship entry list before lunchtime on Friday.
After last-ditch talks aimed at bringing an end to the stand-off between the FIA and the Formula 1 Teams' Association (FOTA) ended inconclusively on Thursday afternoon, all eyes are now on how many of the current teams will be on the entry list.
FIA president Max Mosley met in London with four representatives of FOTA - Ferrari's Stefano Domenicali, Brawn GP's Ross Brawn, Red Bull Racing's Christian Horner and Toyota's John Howett - in order to try and thrash out an 11th hour deal that will keep all the current teams committed.
But although there was no public confirmation that the two sides had edged any closer to a deal, there were suggestions that FOTA and the FIA were not totally at loggerheads on a way forward.
One source compared the situation to the black or white smoke signals given off by the Vatican during the election process of a new Pope. "There is grey smoke tonight," he said.
In recent days there has been more talk of a compromise deal, with Mosley indicating in a recent letter to Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo that the FIA would be ready to scrap the two-tier F1 plans, and sign a Concorde Agreement, if teams agreed to a 100-million-euro budget cap for 2010 - prior to it being reduced to Ģ40 million (GBP) the following year.
As to what happens with the entry list announcement on Friday, no one outside of the FIA's circles is sure about what will happen.
Williams and Force India are certain to be on it, having lodged unconditional entries, and it should not be too difficult for the FIA to find at least three new teams to fill the available slots on the grid.
However, which of the remaining current outfits is on the entry list will determine where F1 is heading in both the next few weeks and perhaps the longer term.
Should the entries of the eight remaining FOTA members - Ferrari

woody2goody
12th June 2009, 02:59
Looking forward to it.

Who are everyone hoping for to be on the list, assuming the current teams are on it already?

For me it's:

USF1 - mostly for their sakes after all the talk from their side.

Prodrive - because by rights they should have been on the grid last year.

and Lola - to prove that the British motoring industry isn't going down the pan.

Cozzie
12th June 2009, 06:42
For me:

Prodrive - Would love to see Aston Martin in F1

USF1 - For the future of the sport and the fact that they would instantly have a huge fan base

Lotus - As much as it is a rip-off of the old team I would love to see the return of Team Lotus (especially if they were in the old black and gold livery!)

race_director
12th June 2009, 06:50
today is the D day. as far i feel we can see anyone of the below things happening

1) FIA agrees to the new agreement with FOTA ( Actually FOTA sounds like a terrorist organization)

2) FIA does not agree, team plan to setup a breakaway series.

3) MAX proves that he has balls of steel. HE allots all places to the new enteries, williams and Farce India

If FOTA breaks away. i expect them to just do the qualifying lap in q3 and do the installation lap at start of the race. them back to the pits.

call_me_andrew
12th June 2009, 07:01
I believe D Day was 6 days ago.

And I hope the breakaway series can come up with a better name than FOTA.

race_director
12th June 2009, 07:13
I believe D Day was 6 days ago.

And I hope the breakaway series can come up with a better name than FOTA.

They cannot call it FOTA. if they break away they cannot call them self formula one????

K-Pu
12th June 2009, 07:14
Weīll have more than 3 new entries, and the problem will be the ol ones we donīt have any longer...

We could have...

IN:

Williams, Force India, Prodrive, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, Litespeed (better than Lotus, please).

OUT:

Renault, Toyota, BMW

POSSIBLE:

Ferrari, McLaren, Brawn, Lola

NO CLUE:

Red Bull, Toro Rosso, iSport, Campos Meta, Brabham, Superfund, N.Technology, March

So... 6 in, 4 possible, 3 out and 8 no idea. Letīs see how wrong I am :D

UltimateDanGTR
12th June 2009, 07:30
so we have 10 new teams who want a space-does anyone think that red bull are then hogging a bit with 2 entries-and therefore they should only be allowed one team? I do, its a bit unfair on these newbs, but if it was 3 then prodrive (aston martin in a few years.....), Lola and 'Lotus', Id have USF1 as the 4th team if I could if there was no toro rosso, but I actually reckon 'lotus' wont be accepted, yet USF1 will.

UltimateDanGTR
12th June 2009, 07:35
well bernie has registered the name 'GP1' so I reckon If there was a split, most FOTA teams would go with bernie and create GP1, and so Bernie could have a GP1, GP2, GP3 triplet, against Farce 1 run by Max in a cheap formula, where he can have his own triplet with F1, F2 and F3.

I actually want a split-then everyone get what they want. even the fans if you think-wed still be seeing mclaren, ferrari etc-just in 'GP1' most probably, and hopefully between the 2 series they'd actually manage to go right around the world in their championships, which should be fun........

CNR
12th June 2009, 07:54
if FOTA go with Dorna it may be Auto gp i think this would be the best setup if they run motogp one week then the cars the next week

Donney
12th June 2009, 08:09
They may call it Formula First (F1st)

leopard
12th June 2009, 08:18
Rather than splitting up the hairs, it would always better to split the difference.
The participants must be in compliance with the term and conditions when being verified. In the event of budget cap is not applicable, teams have the same objection that introduction of it is not useful and want cost control unhampered, I think FIA will have to agree that they will implement only rules acceptable to everybody upon consent of all parties, teams involved in the championship. However every good initiation about concern over unfavorable environment that may put the sport in the prolonged crisis deserves decent respect.

I believe name brings their own character, cars whose name initiated with C, for instance, has strong character..., between two option available I am with Formula the better name to commercialize the sport.
Every rule is formed according to the right formula, imo

Knock-on
12th June 2009, 10:18
Whatever's on the list has about as much chance of being the starting lineup next year as me winning the Lottery :)

race_director
12th June 2009, 21:09
if FOTA go with Dorna it may be Auto gp i think this would be the best setup if they run motogp one week then the cars the next week

This idea is nice. rather if possible run both the events on the same weekend. considering the fact that F1 needs only around 1 hr on saturday and max 2 hours on sunday.
well pratice session can be adjusted, since they do not have any commercial value, can be even at odd times. like a 8 am start .....