PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Car Manufacturer

RaikkonenRules
7th December 2006, 08:42
Which car manufacturer is your favourite

Jag_Warrior
7th December 2006, 12:58
Three guesses. The first pretty girl to get it right gets to give me a kiss. Woo Hoo! The big prizes are coming out now! :D

52Paddy
7th December 2006, 14:51
I don't really have one particular favourite but I've always seemed to prefer European cars than Japanesse and American ones. Among them, I like Volkswagens, old BMW's and Opels. I like French cars too.

Mp3 Astra
7th December 2006, 15:10
VW cars are looking rather good these days, as are Volvos. Old BMW 3 series were rather good as well, but BMW has gone downhill a bit since then.

scooby girl
7th December 2006, 15:13
I don't have a favourite but I really like these four manufacturers Subaru, Handa, BMW, and Ferrari.

CarlMetro
7th December 2006, 15:21
day to day stuff has to be VW/Audi, although Audi tend to have slightly firm susspension. Dream stuff would be Ferrari, closely followed by Aston Martin.

Daniel
7th December 2006, 15:32
I don't have a favourite but I really like these four manufacturers Subaru, Handa, BMW, and Ferrari.
Handa? :laugh:

For day to day stuff as Carl puts it I like Peugeot's, Alfa Romeo's and just Italian and French cars in general.

If I wanted to be boring and buy a reliable car I'd buy an Audi or a VW. But where's the fun in not breaking down every once in a while. That said I've owned French and Italian cars for the last 5 years without any major problems so what do I know? :D

Dave B
7th December 2006, 15:32
Aston Martin for me. Ferraris are all well and good but never quite floated my boat, and too many so-called supercars just look rediculous.

Although, from the Top Gear review last year, I'd quite happily have an Ariel Atom :D

scooby girl
7th December 2006, 15:35
Sorry said Handa instead of Honda thanks Daniel for pointing that out !

redhf
7th December 2006, 18:48
got to be lancia

Powered by Cosworth
7th December 2006, 18:53
DMC + Dodge.

Other than the minivan thing, there is not one bad looking Dodge out at the moment, and DMC Explains itself :D (Cue Bashing about its lack of power ;) )

schmenke
7th December 2006, 19:29
Hillman

Caroline
7th December 2006, 19:43
Hillman
Too right!

AndySpeed
7th December 2006, 20:56
If picking a favourite car manufacturer then I'd have to go for Aston Martin. Thing is, I know my favourite car but it's a Ford and there's no way I'd call a Mondeo and Fiesta-producing company my favourite. And yes I know Aston is owned by Ford, but let's just ignore that shall we?

I also like the ethos of Koenigssegg

grassrootsracer
7th December 2006, 21:05
Porsche or Lotus.

donKey jote
7th December 2006, 23:19
Renault... maybe Mercedes come 2007 :p :

Seriously, from what I've had fun with BMW. Porsche a close second but only cos I'm only a donkey driver and I was too scared to have too much fun :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

viper_man
8th December 2006, 00:28
For me, maybe BMW. They always seem to do things perfect, although recently some designs have been lacking IMO.

Aside from them its got to be any one of the British car makers, Noble, TVR up to a few months ago, and the same with Aston Martin.

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:36
How long can Aston keep re-cycling the same design...

Daniel
8th December 2006, 00:37
How long can Aston keep re-cycling the same design...
Works for Porsche.

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:43
Works for Porsche.

As I was posting that I thought of the 911, but it's a timeless design and an identidy of the Porsche brand as a whole. The Astons just look horrid.

Daniel
8th December 2006, 00:44
As I was posting that I thought of the 911, but it's a timeless design and an identidy of the Porsche brand as a whole. The Astons just look horrid.
Which is why Top Gear have their DB9 supercool fridge thing on the cool wall ;)

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:45
I forgot the whole car thing revolved around that damn wall :p :

I just wish they put older cars on there

AndySpeed
8th December 2006, 00:48
I just wish they put older cars on there

That's where the Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500 belongs... :cool:

BeansBeansBeans
8th December 2006, 00:49
It has to be Ferrari or Alfa Romeo, for me. I think older Aston Martins are beautiful, but I don't understand the fascination with the styling of the new models. I'm fairly sure Jeremy Clarkson desribed the DB9 as the best looking car ever built, but I just can't see it myself. I'm speaking relatively of course. If I ever got the chance to own a DB9, I'd be a happy man.

viper_man
8th December 2006, 00:50
The Astons just look horrid.

This is probably in the wrong thread, but Im currently listening to 'Insane in the Brain' by Cypress Hill ;)