PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari says it cannot be entered by FIA

CNR
11th June 2009, 00:32
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75994

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali insists the FIA cannot include his outfit on the entry list for 2010 when it is published on Friday, unless the governing body has agreed to demands laid down by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA).
With less than 48 hours to go until motor racing's governing body publishes the list of teams entered for the 2010 championship, there has been mounting speculation that Ferrari could controversially be part of the gang that is deemed to have an automatic entry.
This is because the team had made commitments with the FIA and Formula One Management several years ago about guaranteeing its presence in F1, in return for favourable commercial terms and a veto on technical regulations.

now if a veto on technical regulations was in the in the contract it would be breach of contract

Koz
11th June 2009, 02:11
Mister Max is a sleezbag lawyer. He has many tricks up his sleeve... He will find a way!

Rollo
11th June 2009, 02:59
The obvious answer by the FIA is... don't enter them.
Ferrari have played this sort of game before with their 637 in 1986.

The further these games go on, I'm more convinced that there are no goodies but only baddies and that everyone in any F1 management team be it the teams, FOTA, the FIA etc etc etc are all nasty.

wmcot
11th June 2009, 07:06
The further these games go on, I'm more convinced that there are no goodies but only baddies and that everyone in any F1 management team be it the teams, FOTA, the FIA etc etc etc are all nasty.

Agreed, but for the last several years, Max has been the nastiest!

K-Pu
11th June 2009, 10:22
Anyway, tomorrow we´ll get the entry list. Altough it will change until the start of the 2010 season, we´ll see how things are going inside Max´s head. If there are no FOTA teams and we get even the most rioiculous entrants...

I still have some kind of hope of that not happening. Some people should realize they´re the problem, and that includes FIA and FOTA minions.

Cooper_S
11th June 2009, 11:11
There are reports that Renault has sent out letters to all it's suppliers warning them that Renault 'may not' be on F1 next year... and Toyota has recalled the head of the F1 team back to Japan for the remainder of this season...

Both these actions send out strong signals that both Renault and TOYOTA are preparing the ground for pulling the plug.

I seriously don't believe that any 'rival series' will ever happen only that Ferrari, Renault & Toyota will not be part of F1 in 2010.

As for the other FOTA team's... McLaren I believe has agreed 'in camera' to back the FIA in return for the let off over liegate so will be in next year... and I also think BMW.Sauber will be in... RedBull and STR I am no sure which way they will jump.