PDA

View Full Version : Richard Antinucci to drive for 3G at Watkins

drewdawg727
10th June 2009, 03:35
http://www.mynameisirl.com/2009/06/antinucci-gets-promoted.html

Testing with the team tomorrow and learning the car.

Personally, I dont think that they need another rookie, even if he was a runner-up Indy Lights last year..

Alfa Fan
10th June 2009, 04:17
I think Richard's a good choice. Solid if not spectacular background, I'd say its an impovement on Stanton or Jacques.

Placid
12th June 2009, 05:59
Hopefully - He will fare better than Uncle Eddie.

peasant
12th June 2009, 07:19
I suspect experience and talent has little to do with the choice of driver, but I'm sure money has. I suspect if and when stanton drums up some more cash, He'll be back in that car.

V12
12th June 2009, 11:10
Remember watching him at Silverstone in 2001 a Formula Renault driving a Nastro Azzurro Peroni backed car (mmm....good beer), I think he finished not too far behind current McLaren F1 driver Heikki Kovalainen who won the race IIRC. Always wondered what happened to him.

beachbum
12th June 2009, 11:36
I suspect experience and talent has little to do with the choice of driver, but I'm sure money has. I suspect if and when stanton drums up some more cash, He'll be back in that car.Stan is one of the team owners. I doubt "bringing more money" has much to do with his being in the car.

peasant
12th June 2009, 11:46
Stan is one of the team owners. I doubt "bringing more money" has much to do with his being in the car.

I had the impression they were very low on funds, and missing the 500 didn't improve that at all. I can't believe they are paying a driver, when they have one available already. My guess at this stage they need all the money they can get.