PDA

View Full Version : Dear VersusIndyCar..

SarahFan
7th June 2009, 15:46
you posted here prior to the the first race of the season....I'm assume you check in from time to time...

during last nights Texas Indycar race there was a yellow for "Debris"...

the "debris" has been questioned by members of this forum, and the three other racing forums I read/post on...

during future broadcasts if there is a yellow for 'debris' it's something we would like a bit more coverage of.....specifically 'what' and 'where'

thanks for the extended coverage

DanicaFan
7th June 2009, 16:52
I want to add, way to many commercial breaks in the race lastnight.

drewdawg727
7th June 2009, 17:17
I'm almost positive there was no debris on the race track. There were absolutely zero trucks on the race track during that yellow flag period to rescue this "debris".

Hoop-98
7th June 2009, 17:18
I'm almost positive there was no debris on the race track. There were absolutely zero trucks on the race track during that yellow flag period to rescue this "debris".

That is incorrect, a truck immediately went out.

DanicaFan
7th June 2009, 17:21

Then why would they have thrown out the caution for then ?

drewdawg727
7th June 2009, 17:24
Oh, my fault, you're right I see it now. I am currently watching the broadcast and see the trucks out there.
But still, I posted this in the other topic....why would they throw a "debris" yellow, and send no truck out there? It could all be part of the script..........

SarahFan
7th June 2009, 17:38

whether there was actual debris or not is certainly debatable.....thats why I started this thread

as to the why...Briscoe was smoking the field..... they were down to 7 cars on the lead lap....and four of those were around 20 seconds behind....

briscoe was also running 2 to 4 laps longer on a pit window....which when all cycled thru the next set of green stops would have put 3 or 4 of the remaining cars right on the edge of being lapped.....

that, in some folks, opinion is not a good thing....

16&Gtown
7th June 2009, 23:40

I'm not trying to be insulting or anything but, are you retarded? Like just a little bit?

peasant
8th June 2009, 23:15
whether there was actual debris or not is certainly debatable.....thats why I started this thread

as to the why...Briscoe was smoking the field..... they were down to 7 cars on the lead lap....and four of those were around 20 seconds behind....

briscoe was also running 2 to 4 laps longer on a pit window....which when all cycled thru the next set of green stops would have put 3 or 4 of the remaining cars right on the edge of being lapped.....

that, in some folks, opinion is not a good thing....

And the princess was up next to be lapped wasn't she?

The instant classic
9th June 2009, 00:13
And the princess was up next to be lapped wasn't she?
trust me i tryed to bring that up on *****
i said 'if the fake yellow comes out for dale jr why not for the princess?" i got nothing but BS comments back :rolleyes:

peasant
9th June 2009, 01:12
trust me i tryed to bring that up on ***** i said 'if the fake yellow comes out for dale jr why not for the princess?" i got nothing but BS comments back :rolleyes:

Funny that!

anthonyvop
9th June 2009, 02:15

You really don't know?

With the screen name you use you have to actually ask that question?

peasant
9th June 2009, 03:36
Hey starter what were you editing? Apart from the fact that mods editing posts in my eyes is an horrendous practice that should only be done at absolute need, My 2 word post hasn't even changed??

Edit. Sorry I see what you edited. Why take the official website Name?? They got some issue??

Dr. Krogshöj
9th June 2009, 07:00
What's the big deal? Last year we saw a bunch of competition yellows as well. And there were a couple of competition yellows in Tony Cotman's CCWS in 2007 as far as I remember. It's the standard in American racing, I guess the Versus guys didn't feel they had to elaborate on that.

jimispeed
9th June 2009, 07:13
What's the big deal? Last year we saw a bunch of competition yellows as well. And there were a couple of competition yellows in Tony Cotman's CCWS in 2007 as far as I remember. It's the standard in American racing, I guess the Versus guys didn't feel they had to elaborate on that.

I don't know about Champcar having competition yellows, but I do remember gauranteeing never to finish a race on a yellow. That was great!!

These oval races are hard for me to get into. It must be different in how the cars are set up or something. I mostly enjoyed them in CART/Champcar. Although, some ovals were a bit uneventful back then as well.

peasant
9th June 2009, 11:13
What's the big deal? Last year we saw a bunch of competition yellows as well. And there were a couple of competition yellows in Tony Cotman's CCWS in 2007 as far as I remember.

Where? I don't remember anything like that. What are you talking about?

call_me_andrew
10th June 2009, 06:46
If I were writing to Versus, I'd sooner ask them to ditch the Transformers opening sequence.

nigelred5
10th June 2009, 14:27
i missed it this week, however If you want to entice new, younger fans to watch, some of that is inevitable.

Could there also be some promotional aspect to the intro considering the new Transformers movie comes out 6.24.09, as my 8 year old has failed to allow me to forget since Fabruary?? .

Dr. Krogshöj
10th June 2009, 15:51
Okay, maybe there weren't competition yellows in Champ Car in 2007. My memories got mixed up.

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2009, 20:30
I want to add, way to many commercial breaks in the race lastnight.

You should have enjoyed them. Any IRL race I have seen seems to have about one in three commericals with your precious Danica in them.

Commericials pay the freight pal...live with it. Watch a NASCAR telecast...then you will see COMMERCIALS.