PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage in 2007

Alfa Fan
16th February 2007, 13:53
Anyone any idea when the TV package for 2007 will be announced? The new season is only 6 weeks away and there has been no news other than BTCC.net appearing to confirm same day coverage on ITV1

Iain
16th February 2007, 14:01
A media day announcement I would suspect.

Alfa Fan
16th February 2007, 14:04
I guess so. Lets hope its positive news.

Funks
16th February 2007, 16:11
A media day announcement I would suspect.

Well done Iain. Someone had to point out the very obvious answer to the question. Forgive me for saying so but that was a bit of a daft question Alfa Fan. That's what media day is for - announcing the important things. :dozey:

Alfa Fan
16th February 2007, 16:19
Well its never been announced on media day before so I don't see why its obvious?

Rusty
16th February 2007, 16:37
I think it was a pretty normal question and was answered quite well by Iain so wheres the Daft point in that Funks....

Funks
16th February 2007, 16:38
It always gets confirmed at media day. When it is as close to media day as it is now I'd have thought it was pretty much a certainty that the public announcement will be at Rockingham.
The competitors must know what it is - otherwise they wouldn't have been able to go to their sponsors with proposals for the year.

nik
16th February 2007, 17:36
Has anyone seen the BBC Sport advert? One clip is of the Computeach Civic's from 2004. Why would they show that as it hasn't been on the BBC since 2001?

Alfa Fan
16th February 2007, 17:39
No idea - but I really really don't think it means anything for the BTCC TV coverage this year..

Funks
16th February 2007, 17:54
Well, Tim Harvey - commenting on going to Red Line Racing in the Carrera Cup - said:
"I'm delighted to get this deal together. The Carrera Cup is looking fantastic for 2007 and the programme is a really good fit with my BTCC commentary work for ITV"

Alfa Fan
16th February 2007, 17:58
Good news then. Sounds as if we're going to have coverage again this year.

thompp
16th February 2007, 18:31
My expectation is that the ITV1 coverage will be as per last year - all 10 rounds, full coverage of last race, highlights of first two races - and we already know that Motors TV have knocked their coverage on the head.

LiamM
16th February 2007, 18:38
I've said this before

http://www.btcc.net/html/tvtimetable.php

'Welcome to the TV Timetable section of btcc.net.

It’s here you can find out when the BTCC will be shown on ITV1 – Britain’s most popular commercial terrestrial television channel.

Click on the race meeting on the left to plan your viewing in advance. Then sit back, tune in and enjoy as the BTCC field does battle on the track in front of millions of TV viewers!'

nicemms
17th February 2007, 21:06
I hope that ITV does live coverage of all 3 races on one of its freeview channels rather than cable or sky getting live coverage.

captin 1 VXR
17th February 2007, 21:12
Has anyone seen the BBC Sport advert? One clip is of the Computeach Civic's from 2004. Why would they show that as it hasn't been on the BBC since 2001?

thay are in talks to show the sports max or what ever it called but on bbc 3

Captain VXR
18th February 2007, 10:06
I hope that ITV does live coverage of all 3 races on one of its freeview channels rather than cable or sky getting live coverage.

It probably would be on Men and Motors as ITV own them.

tintin
18th February 2007, 16:58
Well its never been announced on media day before so I don't see why its obvious?

Actually the coverage for 2002,2003 and 2004 was announced on Media Day 2002 (at Brands Hatch, where Richard West introduced VBH and Ben Edwards to a room full of journalists).

The coverage for 2005 was announced in a press release issued on Media Day that year.

In fact only the coverage for 2006 wasn't announced on Media Day - that was announced in a speech by Alan Gow at the TOCA Awards at the end of the previous year.

captin 1 VXR
18th February 2007, 17:10
itv 4 for full btcc sunday races and itv1 for 3 ed btcc race with hight lights

cos
18th February 2007, 18:07
itv 4 for full btcc sunday races and itv1 for 3 ed btcc race with hight lights

ITV4 currently only broadcasts 6pm-6am though...

captin 1 VXR
18th February 2007, 18:12
yes at the moment give it 3 weeks and we see more and more sport on itv4

cos
18th February 2007, 18:23
yes at the moment give it 3 weeks and we see more and more sport on itv4

Agreed that ITV4 is where something like the BTCC might end up, given that they have WRC and other sports now. However, I don't think ITV4 can just extend its broadcast hours in the middle of the weekend, especially not on Freeview.

Allyc85
18th February 2007, 19:54
it better not end up on ITV 4. Not everyone can get free view (i.e. me) and it would narrow the potential amount of viewers, something that sponsors are very keen on in the BTCC.

cos
18th February 2007, 20:32
it better not end up on ITV 4. Not everyone can get free view (i.e. me) and it would narrow the potential amount of viewers, something that sponsors are very keen on in the BTCC.

ITV1 will no doubt have highlights/a race live as before, so don't worry! The ITV4 thing is only a rumour, related to the support races/BTCC races 1+2.

speedy king
19th February 2007, 00:01

Wrong, 2002

Iain
6th March 2007, 00:46
I hope it's good news when it is announced. Been reading some negative rumours about it on the Motors TV forum. Such as only being on ITV4 and the full day's coverage being on Setanta Sports. :s

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 00:52
I'm guessing that story has been rumoured by the same person that said SEAT and Vauxhall were ending their factory involement in the series last year.

Iain
6th March 2007, 01:04
Having done a quick check, yes the same person.

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 01:07
You can safely ignore it then ;)

Griffin
6th March 2007, 12:53
Considering the continual appraisal for the exposure that BTCC gets on TV by current and new teams, I'm sure they must be fairly in the know as to what package is in store.

Providing ITV1 coverage continues as it is, is the most important. Thats what brings in the majority of the punters and sponsors alike. I can see no logical reason why ITV would suddenly want to banish their second biggest motorsport headline to ITV4 or wherever, just doesn't make sense.

Any extra satellite or alternative channel coverage will be a bonus, as was MotorsTV's.

100%hondafan
6th March 2007, 12:59
i hope some one does get all the support races as i liek to watch all the races if i cant make it to the event!

cos
6th March 2007, 14:33
Considering the continual appraisal for the exposure that BTCC gets on TV by current and new teams, I'm sure they must be fairly in the know as to what package is in store..

Indeed - I'd guess a lot of sponsors have been attracted because of the live ITV1 coverage. If it's suddenly revealed next Tuesday that it'll instead be on ITV4 or something there won't be many happy faces...

Alfa Fan
6th March 2007, 18:21
ITV1 coverage is vital for sponsors. I am certain the teams must know that it is live on ITV1 and they just aren't allowed to say as it will be formally announced on media day.