PDA

View Full Version : RHR Struggles

Chamoo
6th June 2009, 17:19
Ever since joining Vision and finishing 2nd at St. Petersburg, there hasn't been a whole lot of good to talk about when it comes to Ryan Hunter-Reay. I'm not blaming Ryan for this at all, but, at some point, it starts to make Ryan look like a mediocre race car driver when the car he straps into every week is just overall bad.

Month of May was no fun for him or Vision, as Ryan just had a terrible month having trouble finding speed all week, almost missing out on the race.

Last night at Texas, he struggled to finish above Jacques Lazier in the Team 3G entry.

Vision has to figure out how to get this American back to the top of the series, he needs to be up there to get the ICS popularity back up there.

Opinions?

drewdawg727
6th June 2009, 17:49
Good point - and if they DONT get him back up to the front (or even the middle for that matter) I don't think we're gonna see him finish out the year.

MDS
6th June 2009, 18:47
Vision has always been one serious car for the son-in-law and a field filler effort or two.

NickFalzone
6th June 2009, 18:53
There's a weird situation going on with Vision that isn't really talked about. Carpenter clearly wants and is getting the superior car. It's disconcerting for him and TG when a situation like St. Pete happens, or even Milwaukee where they were both running about the same position. It's pretty clear to me that RHR is supposed to feel happy that he's in a car at all, and he should just accept that he's going to be a backmarker this season. Anyone that has watched RHR race the last few years knows what he's capable of, but that doesn't seem to matter to management at Vision.