PDA

View Full Version : Heidfeld shopping for F1 seat in 2010

CNR
5th June 2009, 07:07
to early to start a silly season thread

WHERE TO NOW? BMW-Sauber's Nick Heidfeld at a media conference ahead of the Spanish Formula 1 GP. He's wondering about his future with rumours that his team is to quit F1 this year

Nick Heidfeld is uncertain where his future lies in Formula 1 as his BMW-Sauber team continues to struggle for points this season.

"As always, at the appropriate time, I will consider the options that promise the most success in the future," the 32-year-old said ahead of Sunday's Turkish GP in Istanbul.

Heidfeld's comments come on the back of growing speculation that BMW will quit the sport at the end of this 2009 season

leopard
5th June 2009, 08:03
There are more than fifteen of entrant applicant for next year and beyond season. One of them might be a right destination.

Heidfeld or any rider would better work twice harder to score more points to rescue his current team rather than speculating that BMW team will pull out of the sport...

ioan
5th June 2009, 10:41
It's just a sping put on by the journos, he didn't say anywhere that BMW quits or that he will have to leave the team.

Knock-on
5th June 2009, 10:57
Early for the silly season? I don't think we've had a break from last years one yet ;)

maximilian
5th June 2009, 13:15
I get the feeling that Nick's days to prove himself are numbered, and he may not get much better than a "Formula GP3" seat next year...

jens
5th June 2009, 14:27
First let's wait, how does the FIA vs FOTA battle end. I think everyone is in a waiting position at the moment, also at the driver market, to see, how does the future of Grand Prix Racing exactly pan out.

CNR
6th June 2009, 12:59
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5366435,00.html

Nico Rosberg has revealed that McLaren could be an option for him next season as he considers a move away from Williams.

Rosberg has been with Williams ever since making his F1 debut with the Grove outfit back in 2006. But after three and a half years without a victory - and little sign that one could be on the horizon - the German is reportedly elsewhere.

christophulus
6th June 2009, 13:26
Rosberg to McLaren. On current form, why would he do that? Williams consistently produce "good" cars and don't annoy the FIA. McLaren are in big trouble at the moment. Seems an odd switch, what with the budget cap coming in soon.

jens
6th June 2009, 13:31
On current form yes, but looking to the future, McLaren has better outlooks than Williams. In the last two years it seemed Button had made the wrong choice by staying at Honda too, but by now it has paid off in spectacular style. "Big teams" have the resources to come good even if they are struggling at the moment. However, for current Williams team midfield is the ceiling.

With budget caps picking the right team could become more tricky indeed, but first let's wait whether we'll have a split or not.

markabilly
6th June 2009, 14:16
My thought is that the Merc engine makes all the difference....so if williams had a merc, i think he stay where he is....or go where such an engine be supplied....

Garry Walker
8th June 2009, 12:58
I wouldnt mind if BMW dumped him for next season.

Sonic
9th June 2009, 12:43
He's doing the standard "design my skid lid" for the German GP this year.

I've submitted an entry which reads 'For hire' on the side....

yes I'm bored!

AndyL
9th June 2009, 15:21
Anyway I hope Nick gets a drive next year as I do like the chap and at times he's pretty damn fast too.. I'm sure with the introduction of new teams next year, his services will not go un-appreciated...

True, his experience could definitely benefit a new team.

Ranger
10th June 2009, 13:43
He is a good driver when he doesn't have bouts of being absolute crap for no reason, there were a lot of them last year.