PDA

View Full Version : Indycar.com Live View

16&Gtown
5th June 2009, 01:52
Can anyone actually watch the live video on indycar.com? Mine has to buffer every 5 seconds so its unbearable to watch. I have a pretty decent internet connection so I know it's not on my end. It's been like this for a couple years now, I'd think they'd catch on by now.

underpowered
5th June 2009, 02:05
I have the same problem. Maybe nobody complains.

Hoop-98
5th June 2009, 03:06
There is a thread on another track forum to give feedback on. I usually put it on the wifes laptop and the vid plays pretty good. (Dual Core Vista 2Gig 10Mb connection...)

rh

NickFalzone
5th June 2009, 04:23
It played ok here. I only watched the last half hour. It stopping playing after the Moraes incident with Wheldon, after a minute or two I had to refresh the page and it worked ok again. I agree that it's not the best live video platform, requires a good amount of computer power and bandwidth.

The instant classic
5th June 2009, 15:43
i have given up on indycar.com
the only peace of racing i have seen this year was the indy 500, to be honest, at indy i was like, whos that guy? why is he in that car? i couldnt even tell you half the drivers out there, thats cuz i cant watch anything off indycar.com

Nikki Katz
6th June 2009, 17:48
As I don't have Sky and I live in the UK, internet feeds are my only chance to watch this series now. The races on ABC were on some internet feed, though the last one stopped working and I missed the end of the race. For the Verses ones IndyCar.com is my only way of seeing it, and that really only ever shows the leader from a helicopter shot.

Anyway, I might have considered staying in on Saturday night to watch this had the race not been at 9 PM Eastern - that's 2 AM here!!! Why's it so late in the US?

FormerFF
6th June 2009, 21:51
As I don't have Sky and I live in the UK, internet feeds are my only chance to watch this series now. The races on ABC were on some internet feed, though the last one stopped working and I missed the end of the race. For the Verses ones IndyCar.com is my only way of seeing it, and that really only ever shows the leader from a helicopter shot.

Anyway, I might have considered staying in on Saturday night to watch this had the race not been at 9 PM Eastern - that's 2 AM here!!! Why's it so late in the US?

It's in the Central time zone, so local time is an hour earlier. I imagine the late start time is so that the sun has a chance to set. It's apt to be blazing hot in Texas at this time of year.

On the original topic, I can watch Indycar.com with no problem, and have done so a few times in the past when the TV coverage became annoying.

NickFalzone
6th June 2009, 23:42
You can watch the Texas race tonight on Indycar.com but it will be mostly in-car cams and wide shots, it won't be the VS broadcast. But it will be watchable, and will have the IMS radio team announcing, so it's an ok alternative if you don't have VS.