PDA

View Full Version : Epsilon Euskadi are in too

ioan
3rd June 2009, 14:18
They did submit an entry too.
Interesting read:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75791

These the parts that attracted my attention:

"We submitted our entry with the budget cap in mind, but we are waiting for the FIA to decide what the final rules will be. As of today, we are under the budget cap, but the budget cap is a bit misleading, because it's £45 million plus drivers, plus marketing and a series of things. The budget I think is needed is around 70-75 million."

£70-75 million is around or even more than the Force India budget! So why didn't these teams want to be in F1 before?!

"In Formula 1 it has been made very clear that money is not everything, because not all the teams with big budgets have done a decent job over the last years. So money is not everything. It's about organisation, about know-how, about creating a good team, and about having the resources to launch the project. But the decision is up to the FIA, and I hope they can value our programme and our concept."

Once again if money isn't the most important in F1 than why everyone is so willing to get in now when there are talks about a budget cap :?:

However, IF what he says in the article is true, than I would love them to be 1 of the 3 new teams as they look to be the best prepared for this step and the most serious ones.

DexDexter
3rd June 2009, 14:25
IF the article is true, they should be one of the new teams. The fact that they have Sergio Rinland as a designer is a good thing as well, he has designed some good F1 cars over the years with limited budget. The thing I don't like is that for a short time, he was the technical director at........Forti.

K-Pu
3rd June 2009, 14:38
And it would be hilarious to see the reaction here in Spain!

N. Jones
3rd June 2009, 15:12
Finally! Somebody who confirmed. http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5361210,00.html

Someone needs to put up a post of confirmed entries. :)

ioan
3rd June 2009, 15:13
And it would be hilarious to see the reaction here in Spain!

Why?

maximilian
3rd June 2009, 16:03
£70-75 million is around or even more than the Force India budget! So why didn't these teams want to be in F1 before?!

Because there was no real chance of success. You made the case in point: Force India.

With a budget cap rule, new or low budget teams have a chance of competing without being outspent 10:1 - because that'll just make them another Force India. Or, if they are outspent, at least they will have some other advantages, such as unlimited this and that. People want to race for more than 16th place :)

jens
3rd June 2009, 16:56
With all those new entries popping out each day, I suspect on May 12 Mosley will announce that FOTA's 'conditional' entries have been all rejected and F1 will consist of 13 non-FOTA teams (well, considering, how we get to know about a new name every day, surely there will be at least 13 of them by May 12 :p :) .

Then it will be FOTA's turn to decide, how to go on... and whether they are united to go and start a new series together. It's a game with high odds and both sides seem determined to fight until the victorious end. If indeed FOTA entries are rejected, then I guess MM and BE may believe that FOTA isn't really strong enough to create a breakaway series and they simply have to continue in F1.

ioan
3rd June 2009, 17:17
Because there was no real chance of success. You made the case in point: Force India.

With a budget cap rule, new or low budget teams have a chance of competing without being outspent 10:1 - because that'll just make them another Force India. Or, if they are outspent, at least they will have some other advantages, such as unlimited this and that. People want to race for more than 16th place :)

But what is worth success if you can achieve it only if your competition is handicapped?! :rolleyes:

ioan
3rd June 2009, 17:19
With all those new entries popping out each day, I suspect on May 12 Mosley will announce that FOTA's 'conditional' entries have been all rejected and F1 will consist of 13 non-FOTA teams (well, considering, how we get to know about a new name every day, surely there will be at least 13 of them by May 12 :p :) .

You mean June 12th, I suppose.

Then it will be FOTA's turn to decide, how to go on... and whether they are united to go and start a new series together. It's a game with high odds and both sides seem determined to fight until the victorious end. If indeed FOTA entries are rejected, then I guess MM and BE may believe that FOTA isn't really strong enough to create a breakaway series and they simply have to continue in F1.

Bernie will sh!t his pants if the FIA decides not to allow the FOTA teams in for next years Championship, he will go after Max barehanded to change such situation.

jens
3rd June 2009, 17:23
You mean June 12th, I suppose.

Sorry. 12th June, yes. Don't know, why I have kept mentioning May throughout the day. :p :

maximilian
3rd June 2009, 17:31
But what is worth success if you can achieve it only if your competition is handicapped?! :rolleyes:
It's worth money in the bank! :cool:

Ask every doping athlete what they think it's worth having an uneven playing field. Of course, there is never anyone trying to get an undue and possibly unfair advantage in a pure competition environment like F1, right? :rolleyes: ;)

ioan
3rd June 2009, 18:01
It's worth money in the bank! :cool:

Thanks for confirming what I always said, they are in only for making money on the cheap!
This exactly why I don not want them, because they aren't like Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and other teams who are in it for what F1 means for them and not for the money.

Ask every doping athlete what they think it's worth having an uneven playing field. Of course, there is never anyone trying to get an undue and possibly unfair advantage in a pure competition environment like F1, right? :rolleyes: ;)

Two wrongs do not make a right! :rolleyes:

mstillhere
3rd June 2009, 18:17
They did submit an entry too.
Interesting read:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75791

These the parts that attracted my attention:

Once again if money isn't the most important in F1 than why everyone is so willing to get in now when there are talks about a budget cap :?:

However, IF what he says in the article is true, than I would love them to be 1 of the 3 new teams as they look to be the best prepared for this step and the most serious ones.

Fiat as well. In fact with Ferrari retiring, the Fiat cars, two flaming red Puntos will be competing as well. How clever is that??????
AhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAh :)

K-Pu
3rd June 2009, 18:20
Why?

Because here in Spain Epsilon Euskadi is a perfect stranger for most of the people, and taking into account their racing abilities it may turn in some kind of "symbol", and when someone or something is turned into that, we“ll be flooded with it until everyone complains about that.

It“s like what could happen with Campos Racing (or whatever it“s called now):

-Campos! Have you seen the Campos?
-No, the Epsilon Euskadi blocked the way, so I couldn“t Campos the Campos, and I had to turn to the Epsilon Euskadi in order to Campos the Alonso.

And here in Spain some people are allergic to anything that has Euskadi written on it. It would be good to see Epsilon Euskadi doing well, but it“d be both funny and sad to see how some people would denostate them arguing they“re basque. Sad but true... Anyway, maybe F1 explodes, or implodes, or whatever before 2010 season.

Sleeper
3rd June 2009, 18:51
Thanks for confirming what I always said, they are in only for making money on the cheap!
This exactly why I don not want them, because they aren't like Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and other teams who are in it for what F1 means for them and not for the money.

Isnt the main reason for Renault, BMW, Toyota and Mercedes being in F1 to make more money, buy promoting themselves and selling more cars?

ioan
3rd June 2009, 18:57
Luckily they aren't called Eta Euskadi! ;)

inimitablestoo
3rd June 2009, 19:13
I'd sign them up like a shot, if only because of the gorgeous Le Mans car they produced last year :)

ioan
3rd June 2009, 19:31
Isnt the main reason for Renault, BMW, Toyota and Mercedes being in F1 to make more money, buy promoting themselves and selling more cars?

Mixing bananas with apples? :rolleyes:

And how many cars will Litespeed, USF1, Campos, Lola, Dallara, March or Epsilon Euskadi sell if they will be in F1?!

The manufacturers are not in F1 for the money Bernie dishes out every year, the privateers will only come for that, otherwise they would have been in already like Minardi, Jordan, Force India and others did before.

Sleeper
3rd June 2009, 19:35
And how many cars will Epsilon Euskadi sell if they will be in F1?!

No, just pointing out that half the current grid is their to make more money via self promotion. If others think that they can make some money by running a succesful race team in F1, especially when there sole existence is motorsport anyway, then I've got no problem with it.

Sleeper
3rd June 2009, 19:45

And how many cars will Litespeed, USF1, Campos, Lola, Dallara, March or Epsilon Euskadi sell if they will be in F1?!

The manufacturers are not in F1 for the money Bernie dishes out every year, the privateers will only come for that, otherwise they would have been in already like Minardi, Jordan, Force India and others did before.
No, just pointing out that half the current grid is their to make more money via self promotion. If others think that they can make some money by running a succesful race team in F1, especially when there sole existence is motorsport anyway, then I've got no problem with it.

Force India and Jordan are one and the same, via Midland. Minardi came in in the mid 80's when it cost considerably less to run an F1 team.

Dont compare Minardi and Jordan's entries of the mid 80's/early 90's (Force India were a billionairs buyout, so definitely not comparable) to late 2000's, the sport and costs involvaed have changed radically since, making such entries impossible.

I think you've got an over cynical view of the people involved in the motorsport industry below F1 level.

BDunnell
3rd June 2009, 19:52

The relationship between car sales and motorsport participation is surely nebulous at best.

K-Pu
3rd June 2009, 23:13
The relationship between car sales and motorsport participation is surely nebulous at best.

I“m thinking about buying a Honda Civic (true), I“m deeeeply influenced by Honda“s performance in F1 last year (false).

grantb4
3rd June 2009, 23:55

I think Bernie and/or Max are handing "new" entries the $40mil (or some large chunk of it).

ioan
4th June 2009, 08:54
No, just pointing out that half the current grid is their to make more money via self promotion.

Based on what? Please provide some facts that support this theory.

ioan
4th June 2009, 08:55
I think Bernie and/or Max are handing "new" entries the $40mil (or some large chunk of it).

That would be Bernie, Max (or the FIA) do not have the money for such charity.

Anyway, how is that fair towards Williams or Force India?!

I am evil Homer
4th June 2009, 09:16
I don't know it's like buying a house...because iot's not the purchase price it's the running cost. So now the purchase is one thing but now you know your electicity/gas bills will be much less and you can get a builder to make repairs at a cheaper rate.

Knock-on
4th June 2009, 12:56
Based on what? Please provide some facts that support this theory.

<cough / splutter>

Why, you never do :D

</cough / splutter>

Not wanting to steal Sleepers Thunder but the Grid currently consists of Teams and Engine Manufacturers.

If you just take the manafacturers, which is half the grid, you can be assured that they are not in F1 purely for the fun of it. They see it as a marketing excercise for self promotion.

ioan
4th June 2009, 13:07
<cough / splutter>

</cough / splutter>

Do you have fever or something? It might be pig swine! Loss of lucidity is also a symptom but that it's something usual with you, so I'll write that off. :p :

inimitablestoo
4th June 2009, 19:08
It might be pig swine! Loss of lucidity is also a symptom

Pig swine? It could just as easily be cow cattle :p :

I've left the other sentence up there as an example of irony :rolleyes:

On topic: that Epsilon Euskadi LMP1 car is lovely isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Epsilon_Euskadi_ee1_21_Front.jpg

Sleeper
4th June 2009, 21:17
^Looks great, went OK, doesnt race anymore. The replacment that was supposed to be in evidence this year is conspiscious by its abscence.

Sleeper
4th June 2009, 21:18
<cough / splutter>

</cough / splutter>

Not wanting to steal Sleepers Thunder but the Grid currently consists of Teams and Engine Manufacturers.

If you just take the manafacturers, which is half the grid, you can be assured that they are not in F1 purely for the fun of it. They see it as a marketing excercise for self promotion.
Sleepers Thunder? Sounds like a bad power metal song! :p

ioan
4th June 2009, 23:41
Pig swine? It could just as easily be cow cattle :p :

Man, what a cock up! :(

Knock-on
5th June 2009, 11:24
Sleepers Thunder? Sounds like a bad power metal song! :p

I see bad Mullets and psuedo Glam rockers :D

Sleeper
5th June 2009, 12:27
I see bad Mullets and psuedo Glam rockers :D
Hey! I may have long hair but it is catagorically NOT a mullet!

Knock-on
5th June 2009, 13:33
Hey! I may have long hair but it is catagorically NOT a mullet!

Sorry, I was going to say Muppet :p

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/0/0f/BestofBert.jpg

wmcot
6th June 2009, 07:28
Back on topic - does that mean in 5 years, we could have a conspiracy theory complete with whining and complaining about how the FIA are always ruling in Epsilon's favor? ;)