PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Tim goof on Nascar Now

jslone
16th February 2007, 07:03
Never heard of him before,who is he?

slorydn1
16th February 2007, 21:55
Thats Tim Brewer, a high profile crew cheif from the 80's and early 90's....
He has something like 50+ race wins as a crew cheif.....hardly a goof....

slorydn1
17th February 2007, 00:10
Tim Brewer, one of the most successful crew chiefs in NASCAR history with 53 wins, 55 poles and two NASCAR Cup Series championships, joins ESPN in 2007 as an analyst on NASCAR Now and NASCAR Countdown on ESPN2.

Brewer worked with some of the greatest drivers ever in NASCAR, including three-time NASCAR champion Cale Yarborough, the only driver to win three consecutive championships from 1976-78; three-time NASCAR champion Darrell Waltrip; and 1988 NASCAR champion Bill Elliott.

Additionally, Brewer worked with drivers Bobby and Terry Labonte, Geoffrey Bodine, Mike Wallace, Neil Bonnett, Tim Richmond, Davey Allison, Sterling Marlin and John Andretti, among others.

jslone
17th February 2007, 00:55
Still never heard of him SLo,I was watching Nascar now after work and I still cant get used to him,I would rather have John Kernan instead of this guy,thanks for the info.

slorydn1
17th February 2007, 01:01
Still never heard of him SLo,I was watching Nascar now after work and I still cant get used to him,I would rather have John Kernan instead of this guy,thanks for the info.

Don't disagree there...I miss Kernan....but he would be there instead of kesulius (or however you spell his name)
as the host...Brewer is the analyst/crew chief

Hoss Ghoul
17th February 2007, 01:13
There's also a Tim Cowlishaw there as a commentator/analyst. He's a sports writer for the Dallas Morning News and frequent guest on ESPN's "Around the Horn".

slorydn1
17th February 2007, 01:24
There's also a Tim Cowlishaw there as a commentator/analyst. He's a sports writer for the Dallas Morning News and frequent guest on ESPN's "Around the Horn".

I forgot about him....

jslone
17th February 2007, 04:57
Cowlishaw has his moments and I like him for some reason.