PDA

View Full Version : Mosley's statement comes after a compromise was finally reached...

CNR
2nd June 2009, 07:53
http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item277707/Mosley:-F1-%22will-die%22-without-new-teams/

Mosley's statement comes after a compromise was finally reached in the standoff between the FIA and the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) over a proposed budget cap for next season.
The cap would limit team spending and theoretically allow more start-up teams to enter the sport and be competitive.
All teams have now officially lodged an entry for the 2010 campaign, but only under the condition that the cap is deferred until at least 2011, giving teams more time to negotiate and adapt to the new rule.
The FOTA argues that it is simply not feasible for teams currently spending roughly S$360 million to S$480 million a year to suddenly have to run their entire operation (including paying employee wages) on the significantly smaller amount proposed by the budget cap, around S$95 million.
Italian manufacturer Ferrari have been the most vocal opponents to the budget initiative. The team argues that aside from simply forcing teams to suddenly and drastically change their organization, a cap allowing smaller, less known teams to enter the sport on the same footing as the larger, more established teams, may cause F1 to lose some of its value.

ArrowsFA1
2nd June 2009, 08:05
Max Mosley:
"No sport is healthy without new people coming in...You can't have just a lot of old men running it."
Very true Max. Very true.

Mark
2nd June 2009, 08:34
But at the same time if you lose all your established teams, you're left with an empty shell.

Knock-on
2nd June 2009, 09:36
Max Mosley:

:laugh:

Hondo
2nd June 2009, 11:35
First F1 is too expensive...then F1 is too cheap...golf is starting to look appealing.

Valve Bounce
2nd June 2009, 14:08
Max Mosley:
Max:"No sport is healthy without new people coming in...You can't have just a lot of old men running it."

Ya got that right, Max - so when are you leaving?

2nd June 2009, 14:12
So the worlds not coming to an end then?

Funny, I could have sworn some folk round here thought it would.

Somebody
2nd June 2009, 15:42
Uh... what compromise? As far as I can see, that site has mistaken FOTA's "conditional entries" for the FIA officially agreeing to their conditions and/or FOTA climbing down.

Same thing James Allen complains about here (http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/in-case-you-didnt-get-the-message/).

555-04Q2
2nd June 2009, 15:46
Max is old, Bernie is even older. New people coming in :?: Regime change then gentleman :?: Myself and Knockie would love the posts, me in Max's position and Knockie in Bernie's position (cause he's older) :D

Hondo
2nd June 2009, 16:19
All this speculation is amusing but means nothing until the lights go green at the first Grand Prix of the 2010 season. Then we will know who is in and who is out.

555-04Q2
3rd June 2009, 06:05
All this speculation is amusing but means nothing until the lights go green at the first Grand Prix of the 2010 season. Then we will know who is in and who is out.

:up: 100% :up:

Its one thing putting in an entry offer, its another actually getting a car entered into the first race.

F1boat
3rd June 2009, 07:06
I'd like to tell Max the famous quote from the Terminator:
- GET OUT!

leopard
3rd June 2009, 07:08
Max:"No sport is healthy without new people coming in...You can't have just a lot of old men running it."

Ya got that right, Max - so when are you leaving?

Never think of it anytime soon, the smart young men always need old men to teach them about being wise and know all...

No worries, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

wmcot
3rd June 2009, 08:30
Uh... what compromise? As far as I can see, that site has mistaken FOTA's "conditional entries" for the FIA officially agreeing to their conditions and/or FOTA climbing down.

Same thing James Allen complains about here (http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/in-case-you-didnt-get-the-message/).

Exactly! Has anyone got a link to a quote from Max or the FIA stating that they agree with the compromise? I'll believe it when I see the quote from Max's mouth (maybe!)

Somebody
4th June 2009, 00:55
Exactly! Has anyone got a link to a quote from Max or the FIA stating that they agree with the compromise? I'll believe it when I see the quote from Max's mouth (maybe!)
Aaaaanndd, as I said. No compromise from Mad Max: http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/mosley-let-fota-do-their-own-series/

Thread title = wrong.

wmcot
4th June 2009, 08:10
Aaaaanndd, as I said. No compromise from Mad Max: http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/mosley-let-fota-do-their-own-series/

Thread title = wrong.

That's about what I expected from "The Dictator!"

Dave B
4th June 2009, 08:28
So if Max gets his way, F1 would be contested by Epsilon, Lola, Prodrive, USF1 and a few others; while "GP3" would have Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Toyota, Renault etc.

I know which one I'd prefer to watch.

ArrowsFA1
4th June 2009, 08:38

Thread title = wrong.
And so it goes on, and on, and on :rolleyes:

If you want to know Max's "vision" for F1 just look at his F2 series. As he's said (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75790) of it:
"I think the championship fits precisely with the cost-cutting measures that are being adopted in Formula 1."

ioan
4th June 2009, 08:57
So if Max gets his way, F1 would be contested by Epsilon, Lola, Prodrive, USF1 and a few others; while "GP3" would have Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Toyota, Renault etc.

I know which one I'd prefer to watch.

There is no question about it.
However I believe that Bernie would commit suicide if that was to happen.

christophulus
4th June 2009, 09:49
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75796
"We now have a conflict and we will see who succeeds in the end. I say to them: If you want to draw up your own rules, then you can organise your own championship. But we have the Formula 1 championship.
"We draw up the rules for that. We have been doing that for 60 years and we will continue doing so."

Sounds ominous to me. Looks like we might not have a resolution anytime soon..

ioan
4th June 2009, 09:57
I prefer the FOTA to start a new championship and put an end to this charade.
This will end CVC's and Bernie's stronghold on the F1 money and will also mean the end of Max Mosley as FIA president, as I doubt he will be re-elected if F1 loses the most valuable teams.

All FOTA will have to do is get an agreement with the people who will be in charge of the FIA after Max' departures.

ArrowsFA1
4th June 2009, 10:49
There is no question about it.
However I believe that Bernie would commit suicide if that was to happen.
What would happen if Bernie sided with FOTA in this conflict I wonder?

ioan
4th June 2009, 11:39
What would happen if Bernie sided with FOTA in this conflict I wonder?

He sure can do that, but hopefully without the CVC.

Bernie would be an asset for FOTA, they could lease him the commercial rights for periods of 3 to 5 years and this way they'll keep him honest while he will do a good job getting the World Grand Prix Series ready for next year!

Knock-on
4th June 2009, 13:19
It also means Bernie and CVC can maintain or even increase their profitability of F1. These smalkl teams havn't the gravitas to negiotiate a reasonable share and will be content with a more modest purse with the budget cut in place.

Max will not get voted off the FIA. It's virtually impossible the way he has structured it. The best thing that can happen is that the biggest member countries break away.

The FIA is quickly losing it's reason for existing.

ioan
4th June 2009, 13:47
It also means Bernie and CVC can maintain or even increase their profitability of F1. These smalkl teams havn't the gravitas to negiotiate a reasonable share and will be content with a more modest purse with the budget cut in place.

But who will continue paying big bucks for this 2nd degree F1 series?!
In order to pay back the CVC loan they need th ebig bucks to continue flowing and this will not happen if they field Ntechnology, Espsilon, Campos, USF1, March, ISport, Litespeed etc and a bunch of no name drivers. Add to that th epossibility of having to share the market with a Grand Prix series composed by likes of Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, RedBull, Renault etc with Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton etc as drivers.

CVC would never be able to repay their RBS debt with left over money.

4th June 2009, 14:30
The FIA is quickly losing it's reason for existing.

You guys are too young ... you think it's bad now, I think it was worse yet when Jean-Marie Balestre was the FISA president.

ioan
4th June 2009, 14:32
You guys are too young ... you think it's bad now, I think it was worse yet when Jean-Marie Balestre was the FISA president.

Well, maybe the same move is in order again to save the sport.
So bye bye Max! :wave:

Hondo
4th June 2009, 16:16
But who will continue paying big bucks for this 2nd degree F1 series?!
In order to pay back the CVC loan they need th ebig bucks to continue flowing and this will not happen if they field Ntechnology, Espsilon, Campos, USF1, March, ISport, Litespeed etc and a bunch of no name drivers. Add to that th epossibility of having to share the market with a Grand Prix series composed by likes of Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, RedBull, Renault etc with Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton etc as drivers.

CVC would never be able to repay their RBS debt with left over money.

If Bernie were going to manage a new series, he could let the current obligations, FOM, go into bankruptcy if his personal exposure isn't too dear. That would take care of the CVC loan and leave Max needing someone to promote F1.