Giuseppe F1
31st May 2009, 21:10
Autosport.com link below:

jonny hurlock
31st May 2009, 23:58
what link?

woody2goody
1st June 2009, 00:30
That would be cool, I've always liked Alex Wurz.

To be honest I think he should drive for them, at least for the first year. Once he has helped develop the car he could then take a back seat role.

I'm really liking all these new entries for next year. Bernie might have to let one or two more teams in at this rate! 30 car grid anyone?? :)

CNR
1st June 2009, 00:47
is this far enough
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75753

Roamy
1st June 2009, 06:56
oh boy the beAn pole returns - lets dust off the marlboro man - get the montreal midget - Blockhead too and lets go rAcing - show these kids a thing or two!!

Sonic
1st June 2009, 11:30
Cool. Of the new entries planned for next year this is one I feel could do well. Wurz has said they already have a deal to get technical help from a major team (I'm thinking BMW or perhaps Toyota) and funding won't be an issue.

I'd also like to see the return of owner drivers (although he hasn't said he'd drive as yet)

CNR
1st June 2009, 11:40
it may even be brawn gp

though he spent last year as test and reserve driver for Honda and has stayed on the team's roster since it became Brawn.

V12
1st June 2009, 11:47
So now it's 13 from 17? I really do hope Bernie now just sods the artifical 13 team limit, the return of pre-qualifying would be amazing.

Sonic
2nd June 2009, 13:43
Now back in the day Pre-Qualifying was a must as most tracks had a start limit bellow the number of cars attempting to qualify.

But with all the Tilke-a-domes we have currently, the FIA track licence would surely allow for a larger grid? I haven't got time right now to go and find the details but if it is the case (and bernie scrapes the artificial limit) perhaps we could have 30+ grids in 2009! Wouldn't that be a sight?

On a side note - how sad does the Moto GP field look with just 16/17 bikes racing off the line?