PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking here...

veeten
31st May 2009, 16:50
... but, what if the new teams decide that they want nothing to do with FOTA and choose to to enter as individual entities.

Would all this come close to clash with 'Union/Non-Union' overtones, where FOTA members would then choose to make efforts to turn Formula 1 into a 'closed shop'? How would Williams, McLaren and other semi- to non-manufacturer teams choose to be represented?

an open question, if you may. Discuss at your leisure.

UltimateDanGTR
31st May 2009, 17:28
good point actually. Oooh good another FISA vs FOCA war! exactly what we need!

maybe there would be a union of the non union teams?

My my, by the end of this F1 will have more divisions than the football league!

Hawkmoon
31st May 2009, 23:01
... but, what if the new teams decide that they want nothing to do with FOTA and choose to to enter as individual entities.

Would all this come close to clash with 'Union/Non-Union' overtones, where FOTA members would then choose to make efforts to turn Formula 1 into a 'closed shop'? How would Williams, McLaren and other semi- to non-manufacturer teams choose to be represented?

an open question, if you may. Discuss at your leisure.

Who said the new teams will have anything to do with FOTA?

I'd be surprised if they did as they want to compete in the Budget F1 World Championship, something the FOTA teams don't want.

wmcot
1st June 2009, 07:53
...they want to compete in the Budget F1 World Championship...

Sponsored by Wal-Mart I suppose! ;)

ArrowsFA1
2nd June 2009, 08:42
Well, FOTA was set up for a reason i.e. exisiting teams do not like the direction the sport is being forced to go in.

On the other hand, new prospective entrants see that direction as an opportunity to reach to top of a mountain that was previously inaccessible.

Hey presto. A two-tier formulae.

Sonic
2nd June 2009, 13:46
To quote one of my fave shows on TV;

"It has all happened before. It will all happen again."