PDA

View Full Version : David Pinkney

Alfa Fan
31st May 2009, 14:59
This years shown he's really not very good hasn't it. His team-mates have scored 71 points in the 10 races so far, to his 2. Shedden who only did the first meeting is still got 9 more points than him!

VkmSpouge
31st May 2009, 15:33
Pinkney has sadly been under performing compared to his team mates, I do hope he is able to improve.

BTCC2
31st May 2009, 15:50
I think this was obviously going to happen putting him into a race winning car, when he has previously shown no race winning potential...I guess it comes down to money.

Alfa Fan
31st May 2009, 15:52
I didn't expect him to do as well as Thompson...or even Shedden, but by anyone's standards he's been awful.

Chris2k6
31st May 2009, 18:32
I've been thinking this for the past couple of weekends now, and it does my head knowing he's only there because of the money, when talented drivers like Shedden have to miss out :mad:

VkmSpouge
31st May 2009, 21:49
Of course without Pinkney we might not have a Team Dynamics at all this season considering he is supplying the money.

nik
31st May 2009, 23:57
Hey, lay off David Pinkney I think it's great we've got him in the BTCC. He's a talented driver, I just think the Civic may not siut him.

Look at what he did in the Integra. Some awesome drives at Thruxton and did very well.

BTCC2
1st June 2009, 00:28
The Integra was something else though!

VkmSpouge
1st June 2009, 01:07
Hey, lay off David Pinkney I think it's great we've got him in the BTCC. He's a talented driver, I just think the Civic may not siut him.

Look at what he did in the Integra. Some awesome drives at Thruxton and did very well.

He did do a good job in the Honda Integra.

BDunnell
3rd June 2009, 17:41
Well, he certainly showed some great form in the Integra in 2006. But I'm afraid that, as much as I hoped he'd demonstrate some more of that in the Civic, and leaving aside his financial contribution, I can't help but feel that his presence in the team is a waste of a good car.

Eurotech
3rd June 2009, 20:04
I don't care, he brings some more colour to the grid so i'm not complaining and I think its great to have a driver like him on the entry list.

Allyc85
3rd June 2009, 20:19
Such a waste of a seat, hes not even close to Thompsons pace!! Get Flash back in there ASAP!!

matt5964
4th June 2009, 07:02
how can it be a waste of a seat that would not be there if not for his sponsers/money he brought to the table, i think its good that he is there enjoying the action making for a fuller grid

Brown, Jon Brow
11th June 2009, 10:32
I had a dream last night that I negotiated a £50,000 sponsorship deal for Team Dynamics from Honda :\

Clark Trent
15th June 2009, 16:47
Well, he certainly showed some great form in the Integra in 2006. But I'm afraid that, as much as I hoped he'd demonstrate some more of that in the Civic, and leaving aside his financial contribution, I can't help but feel that his presence in the team is a waste of a good car.

If it wasn't for his financial contribution it would be a waste of a whole team so you can't leave it aside.
Team Dynamics have lost a very good engineer in Ollie and so the car isn't as competative as last year. Just compare Shed's performances this year to last and you'll see. It has taken Thommo wringing its neck from the reversed grid to get any results.
Comparing Dave to James is chalk and cheese.

Alfa Fan
15th June 2009, 17:52
Apart from Thommo dominating at Donington I take it?

I am evil Homer
16th June 2009, 09:37
I don't think anyone would think Dave, as good as he is, is anywhere near James' level of talent. That said I did expect a bit more from him but TBH I think it's more James driving the car to within a millimetre of its full capabilities that's making the difference.

BeansBeansBeans
16th June 2009, 09:40
Pinkney is a competent, middle-aged, gentleman driver. He can't be expected to trouble a world-class tin-top ace like Thommo, and anyone expecting him to do so is in cloud-cuckoo land. If it weren't for the likes of Pinkney putting their time and money into the sport there probably wouldn't be a BTCC.

woody2goody
16th June 2009, 22:39
I do agree with the Civic maybe not suiting him. Look at Tom Chilton in the old Civic type-R, and he performed much better than in the newer one.

thetrooper_uk
24th June 2009, 10:46
Just think how well Team Dynamics would be doing if they had James and Gordon racing together. I agree Dave is wasting a good seat but as it's always been. MONEY TALKS.