PDA

View Full Version : MarchF1 submit F1 2010 entry before deadline!

Giuseppe F1
30th May 2009, 09:01
Talk about coming out of left field?!!!!!

-------------------------------------

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090530093936.shtml

A return of 'March' to Formula One
New team entry submitted to the FIA
30/05/09 09:39

March Racing Organisation has submitted an entry to the FIA to participate in the 2010 championship.

March Engineering was originally formed in 1969 by Max Mosley, Alan Rees, Graham Coaker and Robin Herd sold Akira Akagi to run under Leyton House branding in 1989. The team reverted to the March name in 1992 with Andrew Fitton taking over ahead of the team’s closure.

Fitton retains the rights to the March name and made his application to the FIA early this week, receiving confirmation of his entry on Thursday.

Along with Lola, Prodrive and USF1, MarchF1 has made their entry ahead of the deadline still unsure to what rules they will run in 2010 and await the publication on the 2010 entry list in July 12th.

Earl ALEXANDER
© CAPSIS International

ShiftingGears
30th May 2009, 09:13
Quality teams running three cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> more dreadful two car teams.

VkmSpouge
30th May 2009, 11:37
Well that was unexpected. Does March even have facilities?

V12
30th May 2009, 12:23
26+ cars made up of good and average teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 cars made up of good teams

maximilian
30th May 2009, 13:15
While some people might dismiss this entry, I think it would be great to see the name March appear back on the grid... when you talk about marques with racing history, and even F1 history, it's certainly one that comes to mind, even though they never reached the heights of comparable outfits such as Brabham, Ligier and Tyrrell, let alone Lotus and Williams. The names March, Dallara and Lola definitely have racing history and pedigree to contribute, and I would like to see them on the grid.

That said, I now feel sad that apparently only 13 teams will make the cut. Assuming that Prodrive/Aston Martin has perhaps the strongest position to make it, and apparently USF1 has been a long time in the making as well, we may only get to see ONE of those 3 on the grid.

Now I am hoping that there will be a change of heart concerning the number of maximum entries allowed. 32 cars... wow... the 12 currently lowest ranking cars in the championship in a 1-hour pre-qualifying shootout on Friday (which doubles up as additional testing time for the teams in question), with the top-6 from that, let's say, 1-hour heat making it to the race, anyone?

LET THEM ALL IN!! :D

One more thing... am I the only one to think that March will SURELY make it into the 13 approved teams? Seems hard to believe that a team with such strong historical ties to Max Mosley would NOT get the nod here ...

Hondo
30th May 2009, 15:49
See Fiero's post elsewhere and earlier when he predicted the return of MARCH. That Fiero.....one mucho smart gringo....

Dallara thread...post 12

30th May 2009, 17:04
I might be wrong, but at the moment I think this is bollocks.

No other site has picked up on this 'news'. The official FIA website makes no mention of it.

gloomyDAY
30th May 2009, 17:41
Maybe Max has the ultimate goal of putting MARCH back on the map. Generate a little retirement income.

LOL :laugh: Who's laughing now?

Jag_Warrior
30th May 2009, 17:55
Now all we need is Lotus and we'll almost have the band back together.

Sleeper
30th May 2009, 20:40
A little late for April 1st.

VkmSpouge
30th May 2009, 22:25
Bring back Brabham, Tyrrell and Cooper while we're at it :p :

AndyL
30th May 2009, 23:33
A little late for April 1st.

Every day is April 1st on f1-live.com :rolleyes:

nigelred5
1st June 2009, 16:06
I'd love to see 30 on the grid! Too bad they have the stupid 26 car limit. That has always been the most asseninie concept, to actually limit how many teams can even attempt to compete. I can understand limiting the field to the maximum number of cars that can fit on a pit lane for the race, but come on.

Personally I've never liked the way F1 uses the garages/ pit lane, but i suppose it's a built in evil the way F1 travels. I would much prefer to see the garages seperate from the pitlane and 26+ cars on track on race day.

V12
1st June 2009, 16:33
I agree - I understand the problems with sheer practicality when you have 30+ cars, but that's why we had pre-qualifying and that worked. Yes you could say "it's a waste of time teams turning up only to leave after Friday morning" - but to say that is missing the point, if somebody is actually willing to put themselves through that, and given that pre-qualifying was always frequently reorganised on a meritocratical (Constructors Championship) basis, then who is anyone to deny them the opportunity?

N. Jones
1st June 2009, 16:41
While some people might dismiss this entry, I think it would be great to see the name March appear back on the grid... when you talk about marques with racing history, and even F1 history, it's certainly one that comes to mind, even though they never reached the heights of comparable outfits such as Brabham, Ligier and Tyrrell, let alone Lotus and Williams. The names March, Dallara and Lola definitely have racing history and pedigree to contribute, and I would like to see them on the grid.

That said, I now feel sad that apparently only 13 teams will make the cut. Assuming that Prodrive/Aston Martin has perhaps the strongest position to make it, and apparently USF1 has been a long time in the making as well, we may only get to see ONE of those 3 on the grid.

Now I am hoping that there will be a change of heart concerning the number of maximum entries allowed. 32 cars... wow... the 12 currently lowest ranking cars in the championship in a 1-hour pre-qualifying shootout on Friday (which doubles up as additional testing time for the teams in question), with the top-6 from that, let's say, 1-hour heat making it to the race, anyone?

LET THEM ALL IN!! :D

One more thing... am I the only one to think that March will SURELY make it into the 13 approved teams? Seems hard to believe that a team with such strong historical ties to Max Mosley would NOT get the nod here ...

My guess is USF1, Prodrive, and Lola.

USF1 and Prodrive because they have a group in place and are ready to go.
Lola because of what I think is enough old acquaintances to get in, although with March now submitting that may change.

Mekola
1st June 2009, 21:01
Quality teams running three cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> more dreadful two car teams.
Why not both?

Mekola
1st June 2009, 21:02
Now all we need is Lotus and we'll almost have the band back together.
Call David Hunt.

V12
2nd June 2009, 00:01
Why not both?

I think he was saying that he'd prefer, say, 30 cars run by the 10 current teams (three each), than 30 cars run by the current teams plus five more (two each) - correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally think the sport is crying out for new blood - Brawn have been great but they are just a recycled Honda just like Red Bull were Jaguar, Toro Rosso were Minardi and Force India were Spyker were Midland were Jordan.

Hondo
2nd June 2009, 00:14
Under the proposed "New F1" I would welcome as many different chassis builders as the market will bear.

Bezza
2nd June 2009, 12:24
Bring them all back, change the qualifying format back to what it used to be and have them all attempt to qualify for the 26 spaces on the grid.

Sonic
2nd June 2009, 18:51
Its only bl00dy true!

Autosport and others are now carrying the story.

Wow!

jens
2nd June 2009, 21:05
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75784

The team is unwilling to make any further comment on its plans until the FIA announces its 2010 entry list on June 12.

Total anonymity.

While other newcomers seem to have at least some kind of seriousness and also racing background to have at least a conceivable thought about racing in F1, then I'm afraid enterprises of March and Superfund are total jokes, who have a grand total of zero background, expertise and plans. Funnily the names of them have emerged after May 29, so I wonder if they filled the application form in the last minute just for fun to "see what happens". In the same way we forum members could have created a "Team MSF" and sent our application to FIA to race in F1. :p :

christophulus
2nd June 2009, 21:09
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75784In the same way we forum members could have created a "Team MSF" and sent our application to FIA to race in F1. :p :

Good idea but we'd have had to rip off the name of an old F1 team judging by the current applications.

Andrea Moda F1 anyone? :p

Azumanga Davo
3rd June 2009, 05:28
Bring back Brabham, Tyrrell and Cooper while we're at it :p :

I'm waiting on the Auto Union's position first. They might follow Delage in, who knows? You heard it here first...

Azumanga Davo
3rd June 2009, 05:38
Good idea but we'd have had to rip off the name of an old F1 team judging by the current applications.

Andrea Moda F1 anyone? :p

I wouldn't trust them with a credible slot car entry let alone technology's finest sport...

ArrowsFA1
3rd June 2009, 08:34
Its only bl00dy true!

Autosport and others are now carrying the story.

Wow!
Mmmmm...while the Autosport report says "March, the team which competed in grand prix racing from 1970 to 1992..." there is no team, just a "non-trading registered company".

AFAIK David Hunt still owns the rights to the Lotus F1 team name, so perhaps we can expect to see the Lotus name back too.

N. Jones
3rd June 2009, 15:09
Sadly the FIA is not releasing a list of all entries. I think a reliable list would be a big help in discussing their viability. Plus we would have an official, non speculative list!

maximilian
3rd June 2009, 16:15
Sadly the FIA is not releasing a list of all entries. I think a reliable list would be a big help in discussing their viability. Plus we would have an official, non speculative list!
Yes, this piece by piece stuff is truly ridiculous, and there is no reason for it. FIA would actually be much better served if they DID release an official list, because it makes their position stronger. Even if some of the hardliner FOTA teams refuse to ultimately participate, if just 2 or 3 more break the ranks (as I would imagine Force India, Brawn and probably McLaren would), we could have a full field of 26+ cars on the grid. Granted, not all the ones we want to see, but from FIA's point of view, that's a pretty good argument.