PDA

View Full Version : No Qualifying Show?

drewdawg727
29th May 2009, 17:13
WTF Versus? No qualifying on tomorrow for Milwaukee.
It was originally scheduled for 6:30 pm as per http://www.indycar.com , now it just has race coverage scheduled. What's that about?

NickFalzone
29th May 2009, 17:24
VS only does that for the races they air. Sadly ABC will be airing Milwaukee and 3 other races this season.

drewdawg727
29th May 2009, 17:34
I just don't think I understand how they could have it on the website and then retract it a couple of days later.

SarahFan
29th May 2009, 17:56
VS only does that for the races they air. Sadly ABC will be airing Milwaukee and 3 other races this season.

anyone have the original press releases....

SarahFan
29th May 2009, 18:12
WTF Versus? No qualifying on tomorrow for Milwaukee.
It was originally scheduled for 6:30 pm as per http://www.indycar.com , now it just has race coverage scheduled. What's that about?

are you certain it was scheduled?

becuase if it was and now its not that is not a good sign

drewdawg727
29th May 2009, 18:25
I am 100% sure that when i signed on Monday morning after Indy to check the points standings/results/box score etc. I saw Qualifying scheduled to come on at 6:30 PM on Versus Saturday evening...then I signed on to the website again yesterday and it was gone (and is still gone).

drewdawg727
29th May 2009, 18:26

And that's not the case, because they had countless hours of qualifying for Indy with the race on ABC.

DBell
29th May 2009, 19:21
I am 100% sure that when i signed on Monday morning after Indy to check the points standings/results/box score etc. I saw Qualifying scheduled to come on at 6:30 PM on Versus Saturday evening...then I signed on to the website again yesterday and it was gone (and is still gone).

I checked my cable guide and Versus doesn't have IC qualifying listed anywhere on Sat. From 6pm to 7pm it has something called WEC WrekCage listed. It must be a mistake by the web site.

NickFalzone
29th May 2009, 19:26
Sorry to disappoint you, but we discussed this over a month ago and a few were complaining. This was discussed because the VS schedule was published back in early April and some were wondering why VS wasn't doing qualifying for every race. I think very early in the VS deal there was a possibility of qualifying for the ABC races, but as of March or so that was definitely not happening. What you saw was a web glitch if anything, as the VS schedule has been posted for awhile and ABC race qualifying wasn't on it. Indy qualifying is a whole separate thing in that VS devoted month of May to Indy, including parades, etc. and that was one of the highlights of their schedule.