PDA

View Full Version : Dallara to enter F1 in 2010...

Giuseppe F1
28th May 2009, 11:37
This story was in Autosport Magazine released today in the UK and I am literally typing it out as a link does not appear on the Autosport.com website.

So, seems the rumours of Dallara being involved in a 2010 F1 entry were indeed true:

Autosport Magazine - Thursday 28th May 2009 - Page 15;

Dallara will return to Formula 1 as a constructor next season if Spanish outfit Campos Racing is granted an entry, AUTOSPORT has learned.

The prolific Italian chassis manufacturer has been working with former Minardi racer Adrian Campo's operation since March on the design of its 2010 F1 challenger.

Should the team be granted an entry, Dallara will build the Cosworth-engined cars to be run by the outfit in its debut season. Campos is strongly tipped to be accepted as one of the new teams, and has already lodged an entry with the FIA under the Campos Meta F1 banner.

The tie-in with Dallara gives the team extra credibility, as the Italian company has enormous experience of manufacturing single-seaters, including Indycars and Formula 3.

Despite admitting to being the first team to enter the 2010 championship, Campos has been unwilling to comment on the funding and infrastructure already in place for the F1 project.

Dallara was last involved in F1 as a technical partner of Midland in 2005, and most recently built a full chassis for the test car of the stillborn Honda project in 1999.

It was a full-blown F1 constructor in its own right from 1988-1992, when it provided chassis to the Scuderia Italia team and claimed two podium finishes before being replaced by fellow F1 returnee Lola at the Italian outfit.

Giuseppe F1
28th May 2009, 11:41
test

N. Jones
28th May 2009, 14:39
Lots of entries and possible entries flying around. My only hope is that these teams that do enter F1 stay for the long term (10+ years) and actually build something instead of false hopes.

I have the most faith in USF1 since they seem to have a clear understanding of what it takes to be successful in F1 (I base this on what they have said. They could be duping everyone for all I really know...).