PDA

View Full Version : Sink or Swim with your friends!!

Wilf
27th May 2009, 20:47
I felt sorry for Bruce Martin when he had his personal problems but he always wrote some pretty good articles. But lending his credibility to a Robin Miller fantasy is not what I expected from him.

We've all seen unverified stories from Robin before; many of them panned out. This time, it was a major story and Bruce Martin did not get a second source or at least get a refusal to comment from the corporate office.

The SIOnline article had his picture and byline. I'm hoping someone there decided to attribute it to him. The story has changed and Bruce's name and picture are no longer attached to it.

Chamoo
27th May 2009, 22:15
I felt sorry for Bruce Martin when he had his personal problems but he always wrote some pretty good articles. But lending his credibility to a Robin Miller fantasy is not what I expected from him.

We've all seen unverified stories from Robin before; many of them panned out. This time, it was a major story and Bruce Martin did not get a second source or at least get a refusal to comment from the corporate office.

The SIOnline article had his picture and byline. I'm hoping someone there decided to attribute it to him. The story has changed and Bruce's name and picture are no longer attached to it.

It's possible someone aside from Robin Miller fed him the same line fed to RM. I feel bad for both of them if they were fed these stories, but they should had known better then to run with them without knowing for sure. This isn't something like Conquest running 1 car instead of 2, this is about a man's job and life.

RM did say in his article though that it had not been confirmed by anyone aside from his source, so, he did report it as more of a rumor, but, it still shouldn't had been posted.

ChicagocrewIRL
27th May 2009, 22:40
oops wrong thread please delete

Mark in Oshawa
29th May 2009, 03:17
Robin is pushing the envelope when it comes to this stuff, but I think when the story broke, the IMS board did some tap dancing and decided they would not announce Tony's ouster. I think the game plan changed boys...something is changing with IMS/IRL managment and I think Tony's sisters are tired of watching money swirling down the drain. Too bad they didn't stop his lunacy in 1993....

peasant
29th May 2009, 05:29
I love the way some of you think he's wrong because of some 1/2 denials by mommy - they can put a plaster on it for the public - but spin as much as you like, george has had the boot.

Maybe all you miller haters should write a list of the things you think he got wrong. I can't remember many. Merger - was that wrong? Kanaan to ganassi - you think that was wrong? then how come Kanaan specifically stated miller wasn't wrong on wind tunnel? List em up - bet your list will be short and filled with things that were true at the time he wrote them.

Just because you can't handle the truth - doesn't mean it's untrue.

Chamoo
29th May 2009, 06:56
I love the way some of you think he's wrong because of some 1/2 denials by mommy - they can put a plaster on it for the public - but spin as much as you like, george has had the boot.

Maybe all you miller haters should write a list of the things you think he got wrong. I can't remember many. Merger - was that wrong? Kanaan to ganassi - you think that was wrong? then how come Kanaan specifically stated miller wasn't wrong on wind tunnel? List em up - bet your list will be short and filled with things that were true at the time he wrote them.

Just because you can't handle the truth - doesn't mean it's untrue.

The thing with Miller is, usually when he is wrong, he is on the right track. So, usually after he breaks the story, he is either proven right, or something happens related to the story a little bit down the road which pretty well proves he had the right idea.

Mark in Oshawa
29th May 2009, 15:26
The people who hate Miller tend to be the IRL diehards who didn't like the fact Miller has never disguised his distaste for the last 14 years, and they don't like the fact he usually either is proven totally right, or at least partially right.

Miller doesn't make this stuff up people. He gets calls in the night, he has sources and he knows where the bodies are buried. There is someone keeping him in the loop on what is going on at IMS right now. We will never know who, but something happened within the Hulman family and Tony's access to the endless supply of cash has changed for sure.

Chamoo
29th May 2009, 15:47
The people who hate Miller tend to be the IRL diehards who didn't like the fact Miller has never disguised his distaste for the last 14 years, and they don't like the fact he usually either is proven totally right, or at least partially right.

Miller doesn't make this stuff up people. He gets calls in the night, he has sources and he knows where the bodies are buried. There is someone keeping him in the loop on what is going on at IMS right now. We will never know who, but something happened within the Hulman family and Tony's access to the endless supply of cash has changed for sure.

Something did happen, and heads will roll shortly, my only issue with Robin posting this story is that this has to do with someone's life and job. I'm not sure if Robin was told the wrong thing, or if the IMS board is simply waiting to release TG, but, reporting a man has lost his job before it happens is not the best way of going about business.

peasant
30th May 2009, 03:42
It's possible someone aside from Robin Miller fed him the same line fed to RM. I feel bad for both of them if they were fed these stories, but they should had known better then to run with them without knowing for sure. This isn't something like Conquest running 1 car instead of 2, this is about a man's job and life.

RM did say in his article though that it had not been confirmed by anyone aside from his source, so, he did report it as more of a rumor, but, it still shouldn't had been posted.

Something did happen, and heads will roll shortly, my only issue with Robin posting this story is that this has to do with someone's life and job. I'm not sure if Robin was told the wrong thing, or if the IMS board is simply waiting to release TG, but, reporting a man has lost his job before it happens is not the best way of going about business.

Nice backpeddling there.

Chamoo
30th May 2009, 06:31
Nice backpeddling there.

I was afraid someone would catch that.

I'm not really sure how to react to this whole thing, and I'm doing my best to describe the way I'm looking at it.

a) I don't think that someones job being lost should be reported in the media as any other story, I think that someones livelyhood deserves more respect then that.

b) I still think RM got the story right, atleast partially.

c) I still like RM.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say, but yes, I have been a bit confusing in my opinions in this thread.

Mark in Oshawa
30th May 2009, 15:20
I was afraid someone would catch that.

I'm not really sure how to react to this whole thing, and I'm doing my best to describe the way I'm looking at it.

a) I don't think that someones job being lost should be reported in the media as any other story, I think that someones livelyhood deserves more respect then that.

b) I still think RM got the story right, atleast partially.

c) I still like RM.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say, but yes, I have been a bit confusing in my opinions in this thread.

Before you go all mushy and Canadian on all us, remember this salient fact. TG was putting heat on the Indy Star when Robin Miller first went after Tony for his idea of the IRL and the forming of it. Tony was using all his pull to eventually get Robin out of the newspaper business in Indy apparently. He banned Robin from the property at one point, and Robin showed up one year to cover IRL testing for SPEED and was told to do is interviews from the parking lot outside. So Tony has no problem messing with Robin's ability to do HIS Job.

You treat people well in this life, and for the most part they will treat you well. Tony did his level best to stomp Robin out early, and now Robin is the burr in his saddle. He likely always would be though. Robin doesn't like stupidity or phony people....

garyshell
30th May 2009, 17:11
Before you go all mushy and Canadian on all us, remember this salient fact. TG was putting heat on the Indy Star when Robin Miller first went after Tony for his idea of the IRL and the forming of it. Tony was using all his pull to eventually get Robin out of the newspaper business in Indy apparently. He banned Robin from the property at one point, and Robin showed up one year to cover IRL testing for SPEED and was told to do is interviews from the parking lot outside. So Tony has no problem messing with Robin's ability to do HIS Job.

You treat people well in this life, and for the most part they will treat you well. Tony did his level best to stomp Robin out early, and now Robin is the burr in his saddle. He likely always would be though. Robin doesn't like stupidity or phony people....

Karma is a biatch!

Gary