PDA

View Full Version : No Conquest This Weekend at Milwaukee

drewdawg727
26th May 2009, 23:28
Just looked at the entry list and Conquest Racing isn't there. Anyone have the story?

Chamoo
27th May 2009, 04:13
Not sure, but the bartender I was talking to say one CCWS team won't be competing after Indy. Aside from Edmonton, maybe Conquest is the team he was talking about?

drewdawg727
27th May 2009, 13:43
It's possible man, and if so that's a shame after the excellent performance that the ROTY for Indy did.

Gluaistean
27th May 2009, 15:14
I wonder, if in these times of economic turmoil sponsors, such as Edmonton, Big Red and the energy drink {can't recall the name} that sponsored Conquest were watching the telecast as well as the rest of us and wondered, WTF.

ABC, 10 million or not or whatever they pay is not worth the dollars for their abysmal display Sunday.

Tags was shown possibly once when I was watching. Townsend Bell was mentioned but no close up of his car and he was running fourth for how long?

Danica was all over the place. I won't blame her but sh*t, enough is enough. She gets her "exposure" form commercials anyway.

If Sarah Fisher got some more TV time she might have a run at the season, otherwise, if your name is not Patrick or you are not driving for Penske or Ganassi then forget it.

Take a look at F1 coverage sometime. Every car, and I mean every car gets good screen time no matter where they are running at some point in the race.

Geico, would you return if you were them?

Versus would have shown the whole field. It may have been a ratings disaster for this year, but, as WOW picks it up this month in the NW of Chicago, I bet you will see the audience grow. NHL is up 300% this year from last on that channel.

I don't blame Conquest one bit. FTG.

chuck34
27th May 2009, 15:47
I wonder, if in these times of economic turmoil sponsors, such as Edmonton, Big Red and the energy drink {can't recall the name} that sponsored Conquest were watching the telecast as well as the rest of us and wondered, WTF.

ABC, 10 million or not or whatever they pay is not worth the dollars for their abysmal display Sunday.

Tags was shown possibly once when I was watching. Townsend Bell was mentioned but no close up of his car and he was running fourth for how long?

Danica was all over the place. I won't blame her but sh*t, enough is enough. She gets her "exposure" form commercials anyway.

If Sarah Fisher got some more TV time she might have a run at the season, otherwise, if your name is not Patrick or you are not driving for Penske or Ganassi then forget it.

Take a look at F1 coverage sometime. Every car, and I mean every car gets good screen time no matter where they are running at some point in the race.

Geico, would you return if you were them?

Versus would have shown the whole field. It may have been a ratings disaster for this year, but, as WOW picks it up this month in the NW of Chicago, I bet you will see the audience grow. NHL is up 300% this year from last on that channel.

I don't blame Conquest one bit. FTG.

I with you man. If I was a sponsor and saw that sh!tty @ss coverage, I sure would be thinking "I payed for this?"

And if anyone is still questioning if the move to Vs was a good call or not, there's your answer.