PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix movie on UK Sky TV tonight

AndyL
26th May 2009, 19:18
Just a heads-up for any British forum members who have Sky TV: John Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" movie is on TCM2 (Sky channel 318) tonight at 9pm.

V12
5th June 2009, 00:30
Love that film - to date it's the only motor racing film IMO that strikes a good balance between being about proper racing and being a good film.

I personally love Le Mans and it's style but I can see how it might not be everyone's cup of tea. At the other end of the scale we have the likes of Driven and Days of Thunder...the less said about them the better!

wedge
5th June 2009, 14:29
Days of Thunder is a good film though they exaggerated the rubbing.

Daily Telegraph rated it as the best motorsport film in top ten of great car movies (panel consisted of Simon Arron and Peter Dron, no less!)

It does pick up on some good points like smart drivers and Kamikaze drivers and "loose is fast" - which is quite true to some extent.

philipbain
26th July 2009, 01:39
Days of Thunder is a good film though they exaggerated the rubbing.

Don't know about that, they may have exaggerated it for the time but these days with the rub-friendly side padded COT chassis they do some industrial strength running!

markabilly
26th July 2009, 02:11
Days of Thunder was okay, top gun with wheels, but Driven????????
Still i love the racing scenes from Grand Prix, where as Le Mans was great but the camera work was better in GP and in capturing ambience---and Le Mans had its share of the hollywood ending that was topped big time by ole Rocky himself in driven, racing those show cars.....

PA Rick
26th July 2009, 02:29
Winning is a 1969 movie with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. I havn't seen it in years but I remember it as a good film about people and racing and racing people.

markabilly
26th July 2009, 07:28
Still waiting for a movie where some driver just stomps the Sh*t out of everyone else and wins it all before the last race of the season, and quits to go sell stuff and write dumb jokes on the internet while living somewhere in northern canada......

PA Rick
26th July 2009, 15:28
Still waiting for a movie where some driver just stomps the Sh*t out of everyone else and wins it all before the last race of the season, and quits to go sell stuff and write dumb jokes on the internet while living somewhere in northern canada......

Days of Thunder Bay?

markabilly
26th July 2009, 19:30
Days of Thunder Bay?
bollywood would love it, but i was thinking georgian bay