PDA

View Full Version : Hey ...did Alex Lloyd's wife ever have that kid?

Mark in Oshawa
25th May 2009, 23:12
One of the gutsiest and most dedicated women I can think of was in Lloyd's pit. Her hubs starts the race, and she tells ABC not only is she due that day, but the contractions were starting. Midway through the race, she says they were getting closer down to 10 minutes...idle curiousity, did she make the end of the race?

Good on her for hanging in there to support her guy like that. I told my wife about that and she figured the woman is nuts...of course having the kid in pitlane would have been a story eh?

garyshell
26th May 2009, 01:25
I'd read somewhere that the infield care center had told here they were prepared for her to give birth right there. Apparently an inquiry had been made about the feasibility of the use of a helicopter to get her to a hospital if needed, when they care center folks offered up their services. I wish I could remember where I read that story.

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
26th May 2009, 13:05
Still...for all we know she still is labor!!!

ABC would have loved it if the water broke in the pits and the kid was born right at the track. With their sense of BS and melodrama, we might even get a 10 minute break without mention of Danica Patrick. Of course, ABC/ESPN will cover Danica's pregnancy if she ever has one...probably hire new play by play people for it....

I used to think I disliked Danica....it hits me though, it is ABC/ESPN has driven me to it....

nigelred5
26th May 2009, 14:20
I used to think I disliked Danica....it hits me though, it is ABC/ESPN has driven me to it....
I heard they were going to add a "D" to the name of the network.

ABC- "D" is for Danica.

Was there a single commercial break that didn't have a Danica Commercial?

I have to say, The commercial with the pit crew pretty dang funny.

ChicagocrewIRL
26th May 2009, 14:45
I heard they were going to add a "D" to the name of the network.

ABC- "D" is for Danica.

Was there a single commercial break that didn't have a Danica Commercial?

I have to say, The commercial with the pit crew pretty dang funny.

I went out and signed up with Boost Mobile . Pretty good deal

Jag_Warrior
26th May 2009, 17:40
She had the baby, but it was after the race - not at the track. Too bad for the kid; that would be one heck of a story to tell while growing up.

ChicagocrewIRL
26th May 2009, 20:01
She had the baby, but it was after the race - not at the track. Too bad for the kid; that would be one heck of a story to tell while growing up.

Did he/she come out pink ?

Jag_Warrior
26th May 2009, 20:05
Lmao!!!
:d
(~...~)

call_me_andrew
27th May 2009, 02:54
Did he/she come out pink ?

For Alex's sake I would hope so.

And I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the broadcast that it's a girl.

DBell
27th May 2009, 03:04
For Alex's sake I would hope so.

And I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the broadcast that it's a girl.

But you can never be sure until it's born. I've had a couple of friends that have been told it was x and came out a y