PDA

View Full Version : BMW investigating opportunities in "other touring car series", DTM?

Lennat
24th May 2009, 23:36
Autosport writes:

"Theissen admitted that BMW is currently investigating opportunities in other touring car series" (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75577)

What could this other series be, is there any other touring car series worth entering except DTM?

I would really love to see some more diversity car wise in the DTM, and prefer the cars to the ones in WTCC big time.

VkmSpouge
25th May 2009, 00:16
They did say a few years ago that the DTM was too expensive for them but I guess they could head back there with Schnitzer. I'm hoping they will kick BMW Team UK to the BTCC.

LiamM
25th May 2009, 10:23
Theissen said:

"We are looking at other touring car categories. If we do come to a decision where a works commitment doesn't make sense in any given series, then it could be for a period of time that we may only lend support to our customers, as opposed to competing ourselves."

BTCC in 2010 doesn't make sense for the same reasons why Vauxhall are leaving

wedge
25th May 2009, 12:55
Would love to see them back at Bathurst....

thetrooper_uk
29th May 2009, 13:33
They say this every season nearly when the FIA mess about with the rules. Saying that I would like to see them in the DTM. I think that is more likely than the BTCC as it's been pointed out already.
If they do leave they will most likely enter a series that isn't run by the FIA.

LiamM
29th May 2009, 14:28
They say this every season nearly when the FIA mess about with the rules. Saying that I would like to see them in the DTM. I think that is more likely than the BTCC as it's been pointed out already.
If they do leave they will most likely enter a series that isn't run by the FIA.

But this time the series is starting to become a tad shambolic, the FIA cant enforce/alter rules to keep everyone happy cos this is motorsport! There is always someone who is unhappy

philipbain
1st June 2009, 17:25
BMW don't belong in the WTCC, simply because their competition on the track in WTCC isn't their competition in the showroom, their rivals in the Showroom are Mercedes and Audi, mmm, I wonder where you can find a series where they race.......? DTM for BMW is a complete no brainer, I can't believe that it has taken them so long to wake up and smell the coffee, absolutely nobody is going to think "should I get a Seat Leon or a 3 series?" they are in 2 completely different classes of car, whereas the choice between a BMW 3 series, Audi A4 or Mercedes-Benz C class is a very real one.