PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race.

Ranger
24th May 2009, 15:02
Not many to speak of.

Vettel was not on it all weekend, really.
Nakajima for crashing on the last lap.
Buemi for crashing into Piquet.

Honourable mention goes to Piquet for bemoaning new drivers.

Your turn!

DexDexter
24th May 2009, 15:07
Not many to speak of.

Vettel was not on it all weekend, really.
Nakajima for crashing on the last lap.

Your turn!

Kovalainen
Vettel

AndyRAC
24th May 2009, 15:11
Kovalainen for his impression of Rautenbach in last years Monte......

Nikki Katz
24th May 2009, 15:14
Buemi I guess, but it is a difficult circuit, there was nothing really awful from anyone.

UltimateDanGTR
24th May 2009, 15:18
everyone did alright-but ill give it to Nakajima on the basis that he cocked up on the last lap and embarrassed himself-well done you plonker! :D

F1boat
24th May 2009, 15:23
Vettel. For a driver who is always held from either win or pole, pretty unremarkable.

ioan
24th May 2009, 15:24
Buemi, for ruining another driver's race.
The other ones only took themselves out.

cosmicpanda
24th May 2009, 15:52
Jenson for parking in the wrong place.

Sleeper
24th May 2009, 16:00
Buemi, but stupidity didnt seem to be a huge factor this weekend.

Koz
24th May 2009, 19:12

Yep, them two.

Piquet, cause of how he said "new driver" in that interview. Came off as a big er, I remember the commentators saying something about a a certain renault driver finding the track daunting and frightening (or some such)...

Hamilton for screwing up in quali.
And Vettle.

ioan
24th May 2009, 19:40
... I remember the commentators saying something about a a certain renault driver finding the track daunting and frightening (or some such)...

They were talking about Alonso. And before you start a rant check it out, it was Alonso who said he doesn't feel comfortable on this track.

VkmSpouge
24th May 2009, 20:27
I think it is Buemi for taking out Nelson Piquet Jr. or Toyota for being just that bad.

christophulus
24th May 2009, 20:28
Button for not parking up where he should have done...

..OK, not really. Another faultless drive. It has to go to Piquet for his hilarious complaint about Buemi being a rookie. Shame he got taken out of the race though.

blito
24th May 2009, 20:29
from watching the qually, the bbc crew gave the impression it was piquet who was scared ....

Koz
24th May 2009, 20:46
They were talking about Alonso. And before you start a rant check it out, it was Alonso who said he doesn't feel comfortable on this track.

I am sure they said "One renault driver finds it daunting and one thrilling" (or some similar words) "Alonso being the latter..."

Anyway, sorry if I am wrong. I have the quali recorded so I'll confirm this when I get home.

ioan
24th May 2009, 21:03
I am sure they said "One renault driver finds it daunting and one thrilling" (or some similar words) "Alonso being the latter..."

Anyway, sorry if I am wrong. I have the quali recorded so I'll confirm this when I get home.

I don't dispute what the BBC clowns said. I only say that Alonso himself said that he doesn't feel at ease on this track. Make of it what you wish.

race_director
24th May 2009, 22:15
for LEWIS. the only driver who is happy with a 12th place, while other driver's like rubens and other who finished 2 and 3rd still are sad with that

woody2goody
24th May 2009, 23:40
Not easy pinning the tail on the ass this week.

I'd go for Kovalainen for crashing in a way I've never seen before, and Buemi for taking out Nelsinho.

Honourable mention for Vettel.

call_me_andrew
25th May 2009, 02:04
I'm going to go with Buemi.

Bruce D
25th May 2009, 06:06
I have an outsider - the damn race TV director! He follows the close battle for 4th between 3 cars for 5 laps and something nearly happens every lap, then cuts back to the leaders just following each other around while everything suddenly happens for 4th, which everyone else on the planet could see was going to happen. WTF!!!! Bernie, fire that asshole!

Daniel
25th May 2009, 07:20
Piquet for the comedy he brought us with his comments

Gibbsy
25th May 2009, 11:04
TV director > I really enjoy 1st person footage of Monaco, yet there was almost none all race. Disappointing.

Honourable mentions to Toyota and BMW. Big dollars bad results.

Knock-on
25th May 2009, 11:17
Agree with ioan. Buemi and Piquet but an honerable mention for Lewis for his cock-up in practice. All he had to do was a solid lap, not a blinder. Very silly :(

555-04Q2
25th May 2009, 11:52
Nik Nak. What a w@nker.

555-04Q2
25th May 2009, 11:53
Agree with ioan. (

You knock your head or something Knockie :p :

Sleeper
25th May 2009, 12:43
I don't dispute what the BBC clowns said. I only say that Alonso himself said that he doesn't feel at ease on this track. Make of it what you wish.
Alonso is on camera in the qualy build up on BBC saying that Monaco is a dream to drive.

ioan
25th May 2009, 12:50
Alonso is on camera in the qualy build up on BBC saying that Monaco is a dream to drive.

Than someone has mixed up the reports during the build up to the Monaco GP as I certainly read somewhere that he said he doesn't feel comfortable there (maybe it was on James Allen's blog, but I'm not sure).

F1boat
25th May 2009, 12:55
Than someone has mixed up the reports during the build up to the Monaco GP as I certainly read somewhere that he said he doesn't feel comfortable there (maybe it was on James Allen's blog, but I'm not sure).

It was on Allen blog. he said that Monaco is stressful. Maybe it is stressful and cool for FA.

ioan
25th May 2009, 13:48
It was on Allen blog. he said that Monaco is stressful. Maybe it is stressful and cool for FA.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure anymore where I read that and I was to lazy to search for it! :D

Valve Bounce
25th May 2009, 13:57

Alonso had the flu, but got out of his sick bed to drive. That's why he was a bit erratic at one stage. Still, drove a great race, but with the wrong fuel strategy.

Garry Walker
25th May 2009, 18:17
Easily Vettel.

HenryM
25th May 2009, 19:12
Vettel...

christophulus
25th May 2009, 21:47
Alonso had the flu, but got out of his sick bed to drive. That's why he was a bit erratic at one stage. Still, drove a great race, but with the wrong fuel strategy.

Wasn't he ill in Malaysia too? And no drinks in Bahrain? Not had the best luck this year :(

Knock-on
25th May 2009, 21:52
You knock your head or something Knockie :p :

He actually writes a good post. However, it's the other 99 before hand that let him down a bit ;)

gloomyDAY
26th May 2009, 05:26
Vettel. Sad to say so because I had high hopes.

Bad strategy, had a train going, and then crashed.

F1boat
26th May 2009, 08:48
Wasn't he ill in Malaysia too? And no drinks in Bahrain? Not had the best luck this year :(

And he is still driving very well, he is consistent and always scores points.

pettersolberg29
26th May 2009, 12:41
This doesn't deserve a new thread so I'll jab it in here and see if anyone replies.

Nick Heidfeld is being rumoured to have his contract cancelled by BMW, either in the mid-season break, or at the end of the season.

I may be biased (see sig) but in my opinion Heidfeld is BMWs best driver. By that I mean he scores points in all conditions, is a better test driver, is the most consistent finisher EVER, develops the car better and is far superior at overtaking in race conditions. Yes Kubica is beter at qualifying, undeniably.

So am I right, or are the rumours that Heidfeld will leave BMW at the end of the season justified. Perhpas my bias is looking past Nick's dismal performances? Opinions anyone?

ioan
26th May 2009, 13:36
This doesn't deserve a new thread so I'll jab it in here and see if anyone replies.

Nick Heidfeld is being rumoured to have his contract cancelled by BMW, either in the mid-season break, or at the end of the season.

I may be biased (see sig) but in my opinion Heidfeld is BMWs best driver. By that I mean he scores points in all conditions, is a better test driver, is the most consistent finisher EVER, develops the car better and is far superior at overtaking in race conditions. Yes Kubica is beter at qualifying, undeniably.

So am I right, or are the rumours that Heidfeld will leave BMW at the end of the season justified. Perhpas my bias is looking past Nick's dismal performances? Opinions anyone?

IMO you should have started another thread for this topic.
Anyway, you can relax, for now Nick is not in danger:

"First of all, I haven't read it," said Theissen. "And even if I had read it I wouldn't make any comment and wouldn't react to it. As far as our present driver line-up is concerned I am not prepared to say anything negative.

"At the end of the day we can only talk about that when we are fast again and our driver line-up for the next year is traditionally decided in September."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75635

AndyL
26th May 2009, 13:59
Where are these rumours coming from? Sounds quite unlikely to me. I'd agree that Heidfeld is a very solid, all-round driver and BMW would be unwise to drop him mid-season.

Caroline
26th May 2009, 14:03
Where are these rumours coming from? Sounds quite unlikely to me. I'd agree that Heidfeld is a very solid, all-round driver and BMW would be unwise to drop him mid-season.

I agree, and surely at this time of uncertainty continuity is important. I still can't believe BMW's form lately.

555-04Q2
26th May 2009, 15:46
I still can't believe BMW's form lately.

After dropping Kubica's chances of winning the WDC title last year by focusing instead on the 2009 regs car, I think they are getting what they deserve. Kubica deserved their 100% support for the 2008 title.

maximilian
26th May 2009, 16:30
How about Rubens? After all the big talk about how he wasn't gonna take any #2 position in the team, he never even got close to threatening for the win, clearly underlining his de-facto #2 position...

F1boat
26th May 2009, 19:02
After dropping Kubica's chances of winning the WDC title last year by focusing instead on the 2009 regs car, I think they are getting what they deserve. Kubica deserved their 100% support for the 2008 title.

True. I pity RK, but BMW deserved what their good. Dull, corporate people, zero passion, zero creativity.

ioan
26th May 2009, 19:46
True. I pity RK, but BMW deserved what their good. Dull, corporate people, zero passion, zero creativity.

Give me a break! This is mostly the Sauber team with the same designer et all.

Caroline
26th May 2009, 20:40

Maybe you only refer to BMW in F1? I immediately thought about how much fun the BMWs are in the WTCC. They are competitive and with Andy Priaulx became extremely worthy champions. I know they are very different disciplines but Mario Theissen is involved in both championships.

Allyc85
26th May 2009, 21:27
Donkey of the race is Buemi for needlessly punting off Piquet. How he hasnt got a penalty compared to other recent incidents is beyond me.

F1boat
26th May 2009, 21:37
Maybe you only refer to BMW in F1? I immediately thought about how much fun the BMWs are in the WTCC. They are competitive and with Andy Priaulx became extremely worthy champions. I know they are very different disciplines but Mario Theissen is involved in both championships.

Andy is cool ;)

Knock-on
27th May 2009, 10:31
I'm just wondering if Buemi did NP a favour.

By being punted off, he has a bit of sympathy but if he wasn't, he probably would have cocked up anyway and been a contender for this thread :laugh:

Probably bought NP some breathing space. :D

Knock-on
27th May 2009, 11:00
In the words of Nelson Piquet Jnr.. 'Thats what happens when you allow young drivers in f1'

Made me laugh that he was critisizing a fellow rookie who has made less mistakes in the opening races than himself :p

Unlike Buemi, I have not read a single article where the words 'impressive' and 'Piquet' have been used in the same paragraph unless they were referring to his father...

I'm afraid I didn't pay too much notice at the time.

Was it a case of him having a sense of humour? If so, he will have gone up a notch IMHO.

If he was serious, then he should take himself outside and slap himself silly. Arrogant little frag.

stevie_gerrard
29th May 2009, 01:42
Buemi is the only one i can really think of. He was silly to crash into the back of Piquet, who desperately needed a good performance.