PDA

View Full Version : R.O.C.

triptik
7th December 2006, 03:54
ok, here we go again,

my countryman, Loeb, did not compete although there were pictures of him and he was doing the recce and driving a regular 5spd fine and yet not a rally car.

this past friday i heard M.Mouton on the radio say that he was going to participate in the Race Of Champions at the Stade De France. this got me mad. he is not well enough to drive a rally but ok to drive this stupid display of egos? i understand that it's extra weeks of recovery and that it's not 2,5 days of "grueling" rallysprint action.
\but damn, if i were competing in the wrc i would be upset at this lack of respect for the sport and the rest of the cometitors. maybe he just doesn't like to rally and he is doing it to get a big tv and now that he has an excuse, he watches it a lot!

this just angers me.

i hope S.Bourdais kicks everyone in the nuts that day!

p.s. do not blame my english, i learned it from canadians ;)

Donney
7th December 2006, 11:15
2 days of running in circles is nothing compared to the effort of a whole rally!

StevoEvo
7th December 2006, 11:21
I agree, If theres no need to compete and your not confident with an injury, then why bother. Bad on the fans who wanted to see it i know, but he was just thinking of No.1.
If he did the Rally GB and hurt his arm, I would imagine it would knock his confidence for the Monte in 2007 !
And the Race of Champions is a fun event, surrounded with PR status, I don't think he'd care much if he did'nt win it this year!!!!!!!!!

alleskids
12th December 2006, 18:50
American NASCAR champion Jimmy Johnson will not compete at the RoC. He injured himself in a golf after season partij, lying on the roof of a golfcar, falling of when the driver took a sharp turn.

FrankenSchwinn
12th December 2006, 19:03
American NASCAR champion Jimmy Johnson will not compete at the RoC. He injured himself in a golf after season partij, lying on the roof of a golfcar, falling of when the driver took a sharp turn.

uh, what? how drunk was he?

ayslinn
12th December 2006, 21:44
It's NASCAR . . . do you even have to ask? :laugh:

sollitt
12th December 2006, 22:07
It's unbelievable, the trivial things people get upset about.

Good on Loeb for accepting the invitation. I'm sure his many French fans will enjoy it.

Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_
12th December 2006, 22:13
how the £$%$$%£%R%$££$$%£ did i miss ROC i completely fotgot about it...

alleskids
13th December 2006, 16:17
the RoC is next weekend

Tomi
13th December 2006, 16:24
the RoC is next weekend

Boaring

White Sauron
13th December 2006, 17:01
the RoC is next weekend

No, it will be on this weekend

alleskids
13th December 2006, 17:16
that's what I tried to say, comming weekend, the next weekend to come :)

alleskids
13th December 2006, 17:26
Boaring

I meant it as help for Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_, that he had not missed the RoC, because it was stil to come. But apperently I don't have to mention it to you, because you don't give a sh*t on RoC, aside from reading the tread about it ;)

Tomi
13th December 2006, 19:11
I meant it as help for Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_, that he had not missed the RoC, because it was stil to come. But apperently I don't have to mention it to you, because you don't give a sh*t on RoC, aside from reading the tread about it ;)

i read all treads

DeltaS4
14th December 2006, 00:19
Jimmie Johnson's replacement will be Scott Speed.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 00:30
Jimmie Johnson's replacement will be Scott Speed.

Nice. I am glad they didn't bring in another NASCAR tool.

L5->R5/CR
14th December 2006, 00:46
Nice. I am glad they didn't bring in another NASCAR tool.

Not to defend NASCAR but some of those guys are much more talented than the Billy Bob racing they participate in would reflect...

Fleur
14th December 2006, 01:24
Loeb maybe doing this as a gentle ease back into rallying thing, I certainly would, in his situation, want to ease back into the driving, rather than do a full-on WRC event first up, and risk more injury.
Good on him I say, and great to keep the spectators happy.

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 01:27
Not to defend NASCAR but some of those guys are much more talented than the Billy Bob racing they participate in would reflect...

I would rather see an Indy driver go over there than anyone from NASCAR, but I am really glad it's Speed.

Brother John
14th December 2006, 12:05
Eurosport transmits coming Saturday the individual competition of The race of Champions (ROC) directly.
Sunday brings a summary of The Nations to the sport sender cup, the country competition of ROC.
You can follow he race in the Stade of France in Paris next Saturday entirely live on www.eurosport.com (http://www.eurosport.com).
The direct retransmission of the individual The race of Champions starts Saturday at 19 o'clock and runs up to 21 hours. Sunday the programme with The Nations cup has been planned at 20 o'clock.

Donney
14th December 2006, 12:27
Thanks Brother John I was wondering if the'd do it as in the WTCC. Now I can watch it without problems.

306 Cosworth
14th December 2006, 15:39
Eurosport transmits coming Saturday the individual competition of The race of Champions (ROC) directly.
Sunday brings a summary of The Nations to the sport sender cup, the country competition of ROC.
You can follow he race in the Stade of France in Paris next Saturday entirely live on www.eurosport.com (http://www.eurosport.com).
The direct retransmission of the individual The race of Champions starts Saturday at 19 o'clock and runs up to 21 hours. Sunday the programme with The Nations cup has been planned at 20 o'clock.

Thanks for the info BJ i'll be watching :up:

GunsofNavarone
14th December 2006, 20:47
I am slightly confused... is ROC going to have a live feed on Eurosport.com or just a split time thing? I looked today and they didn't have anything updated on it. The only channel that carries it here is unavailable through my cable company, and that is most disappointing.

SirXcalibur
16th December 2006, 03:00
Looks lke the US team is down to Pastrana, Scott Speed injured doing testing.

1LM1
16th December 2006, 12:26
Interesting comments from WTCC champion Andy Priaulx. That shows how great WRC cars are to drive.

"I have just driven the Citroën Xsara WRC. This car is madness! I haven't had such a fun time since my test in Formula 1 with BMW."

Source: L'Equipe (French newspaper).

I can't imagine how great a ride with a top driver in a WRC in a rally stage must be. :D

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 16:34
ROC live. only french for some reason

http://www.eurosport.com/motorsports/mc_vid31545.shtm

HaCo
16th December 2006, 17:12
This event shows how well GT cars are suited for rallying. It's wet and the cars just aren't to watch at, it is not spectacular at all! It's a pitty for spectators who paid to see these cars driving, I don't see these cars having a nice future in rallying. Even in straight lines they don't accelerate!!

Give me grand canaria with world rally cars, that is spectacular!!

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 17:22
Are anyone capturing it, i can't stand this french. The xsara will be good on the wet i think

Simmi
16th December 2006, 17:25
Let's see if Pastrana can beat McRae in a Xsara WRC.

Simmi
16th December 2006, 17:26
Are anyone capturing it, i can't stand this french. The xsara will be good on the wet i think

You dont want the English Carlton Kirby is on top form as usual getting everyting wrong.

Simmi
16th December 2006, 17:30
Well McRae embarassed himself really sliding out into the barriers. Pastrana beat him even without his barrier penalties.

Donney
16th December 2006, 17:39
Well McRae embarassed himself really sliding out into the barriers. Pastrana beat him even without his barrier penalties.

Pastrana is making a habit out of winning McRae. :eek:

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 17:44
It would be so great if Pastrana took the nations cup all by himself

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 17:58
Then it's Finland against USA in the final

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:11
And it looks good for Finland.

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:14
If pastrana beats Gronholm.... (and Gronholm stalls)

spudrsca
16th December 2006, 18:16
After Mcrae, It's Grönholm that doesn't like the Xsara.

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:18
Pastrana gets on the nerves of the WRC drivers it seems.

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 18:23
Pastrana gets on the nerves of the WRC drivers it seems.

What the fvck?! I'm tired of the orginisers! Every year there're problems against french' rivals! Now Gro' car stalled!!! He hasn't stalled for the whole 2006 year, Xsara hasn't stallet for the whole year, it has special system against it. So, what the fvcking **** it didn't work now?!! I'm really angry! I saw on TV how Citroen' mechanics did smth under the bonnet!

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:24
Congratulations to Finland!!!

It's been quite a boring layout!

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 18:26
Yes! Congratulations on victory, Finland!!!

Daniel
16th December 2006, 18:37
WTF are you smoking??????????

Good work Pastrami! :up: Pity he didn't win :)

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 18:41
Yhea it would have been so much more fun if he had won, then again im a subaru fan so i woulden't now would i :)

Donney
16th December 2006, 18:43
WTF are you smoking??????????

Good work Pastrami! :up: Pity he didn't win :)

A shame he didn't win but to me it was boring anyway.

Mad cat jnr
16th December 2006, 19:05
What the fvck?! I'm tired of the orginisers! Every year there're problems against french' rivals! Now Gro' car stalled!!! He hasn't stalled for the whole 2006 year, Xsara hasn't stallet for the whole year, it has special system against it. So, what the fvcking **** it didn't work now?!! I'm really angry! I saw on TV how Citroen' mechanics did smth under the bonnet!

Yeah of course, they'd spoil such a international event with something so petty, do you not think that gronholm is not used to the xsara?

Daniel
16th December 2006, 19:08
Or perhaps he just stalled......

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 19:13
Ready for some more action http://www.eurosport.com/motorsports/mc_vid31545.shtml

Donney
16th December 2006, 19:16
The C4 is a sexy beast in the Citroen dull livery. I was hoping they would have something more agressive.

Donney
16th December 2006, 19:18
If you use Eurosport.co.uk you can watch it in English.

I think somebody complained about french coverage.

Simmi
16th December 2006, 19:18
Yeah that was what I'd been waiting for and they havent even done anything with the livery for next season. Hopefully something will have been sorted by the Monte.

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 19:21
If you use Eurosport.co.uk you can watch it in English.

I think somebody complained about french coverage.

That would be me thanks alot

http://eurosport.co.uk/motorsports/mc_vid31430.shtml

Donney
16th December 2006, 19:23
:up:

Donney
16th December 2006, 19:39
And Pastrana keeps going.

janneppi
16th December 2006, 19:43
Yeah of course, they'd spoil such a international event with something so petty, do you not think that gronholm is not used to the xsara?
Certain faulty car for Kovalainen against Alesi comes to mind... ;)

Donney
16th December 2006, 19:46
Schwartz has been quite spectacular! :up:

Tomi
16th December 2006, 19:47
such a international event

:) :)

Donney
16th December 2006, 20:02
A shame it's over for Pastrana, he did a splendid job!!!! :up:

Kamikaze
16th December 2006, 20:04
Yes, but it´s not really fair that Loeb can drive his own car.....

janneppi
16th December 2006, 20:07
Go Ekström!

Donney
16th December 2006, 20:11
Sordo is out in an exhuberant way!

jonkka
16th December 2006, 20:13
Yes, but it´s not really fair that Loeb can drive his own car.....

Fair? Webster definition number five:
a gathering of buyers and sellers at a particular place and time for trade

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 20:19
It's a real farce - to put Loeb into his own car in the final. The French do everything for Loeb to win!!!!

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:20
I agree. Loeb is too used to driving cars. They should have had the rally final in helicopters. What a farce :laugh:

Donney
16th December 2006, 20:20
The white roofed Citroen looks less grippy.

janneppi
16th December 2006, 20:21
It's a real farce - to put Loeb into his own car in the final. The French do everything for Loeb to win!!!!
Perhaps this show shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;)

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:24
What a farce. Janneppi has been typing out posts on a keyboard for years. He should be using voice recognition software to type out posts :angryfire Finns always cheating on the forum :angryfire

Kamikaze
16th December 2006, 20:25
Perhaps this show shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;)

Say that to the Organizers, wich do everything for the Win of the French Drivers ;)

janneppi
16th December 2006, 20:27
Say that to the Organizers, wich do everything for the Win of the French Drivers ;)
Well, that goes without saying. :p :

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:28
What a joke. They don't do anything to help the French drivers......

What other rally car that's French were the drivers going to drive? Lets consider that this race is in Paris and is sponsored heavily by French companies. The French don't want to watch Fords or Subaru's going roung and I don't blame them.

Tomi
16th December 2006, 20:28
You should thank the organiser, now no foreinger have to feel embarrased to have winner of ROC in their CV.

cut the b.s.
16th December 2006, 20:36

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory, what you smoking Mr White Sauron? I might go get some myself

finnway
it could be intresting to see a renault f1(kovalainen) vs xsara(loeb).

Donney
You gotta love Loeb, the man is great!!!!

Tomski
16th December 2006, 20:43
Stopped watching after the Nations Cup as I couldn't cope with Tim Harvey's incorrect, half arsed comments and drivvle about the WRC.

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:46
What a farce. Ekstrom must have cheated! They should be using mopeds. This is rubbish :laugh:

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 20:47
****ing hell a swede beat Loeb :)

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:50
yes but only after he cheated. I saw someone put a parsnip in Loeb's exhaust before the run. Serious :rolleyes:

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 20:51
Ekstrom is genius!!!

Daniel
16th December 2006, 20:52
No. He's a cheater if we go by your rules.

alleskids
16th December 2006, 20:53
The very shortlist of man who beat Loeb with his own custommade specially for Loeb's driving style Xsara WRC: Heiki Kovalainen and now Mathias Ekstrom :)

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 20:54
No. He's a cheater if we go by your rules.

Why? He hasn't driven THE car for 6 years!

Kamikaze
16th December 2006, 20:56
Go Ekki !!!!

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 20:57
come on

Donney
16th December 2006, 20:59
And he did it!!!!!! Great drive by Ekstrom. :up:

SubaruNorway
16th December 2006, 21:00
Never would have tought we would need to count on a swede to beat Loeb, great job

Kamikaze
16th December 2006, 21:02
Loeb looks not so happy....

Daniel
16th December 2006, 21:05
Why? He hasn't driven THE car for 6 years!
Yes but I haven't had McDonalds for about a month now. Why claim that it's all rigged???? No one jumped the start. Everything was equal. Ekstrom won. Why whinge about it? Or would prefer to have seen those ugly whales out on the track? Is that why it was cheating? Becaue you didn't get to see your favourite car? Boooooohoooooooo poor you.

janneppi
16th December 2006, 21:05
It was good fun.
Ekström is the man, Good to see Sir Bastien in form too. :)

Daniel
16th December 2006, 21:06
Oh my god! Now the English are getting in on the cheating!!!! The RoC is in England next year. ****ing cheats. I will have to go just to see them cheating. Not fair. English are cheats now!!!!!!

White Sauron
16th December 2006, 21:07
Yes but I haven't had McDonalds for about a month now. Why claim that it's all rigged???? No one jumped the start. Everything was equal. Ekstrom won. Why whinge about it? Or would prefer to have seen those ugly whales out on the track? Is that why it was cheating? Becaue you didn't get to see your favourite car? Boooooohoooooooo poor you.

No, Peugeot isn't mu favorite car. I'm just pissed off, the for all decisive races Loeb gets his Xsara.

BTW,

Congratulations, Mattias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!1

noel157
17th December 2006, 00:20
Oh my god! Now the English are getting in on the cheating!!!! The RoC is in England next year. ****ing cheats. I will have to go just to see them cheating. Not fair. English are cheats now!!!!!!

Where? Wembley? It's be over budget, over time and anything else you can think....

Tim Harvey hasn't a baldy notion about WRC, hadn't a clue. Kirby is ok, he doesn't try and pretend he knows anything and he's ok on the Dakar.
Agree with a lot of you, it was kinda boring. Perhaps you had to be there to find it interesting? Guess it might've been fun for the drivers.

Madeira
17th December 2006, 11:37
Ekström was great!
But I have to say this ROC was a boring show, nothing compared with I saw in Canarias Islands also in TV. I bet that yesterday Memmorial Bettega in Italy was better than ROC.

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 14:27
wat? where the results? congrats to erkstrom! what car was he driving?

SubaruNorway
17th December 2006, 14:32
He beat Loeb in the xsara and renault megane

GigiGalliNo1
17th December 2006, 14:34
Nice one! Haha Perhaps this show's he should get a drive in a WRC team? :P

A.F.F.
17th December 2006, 15:00
Perhaps he enjoys DTM so much he doesn't want to have a drive in WRC team.

N.O.T
17th December 2006, 15:06
You all take this show far too seriously.......

Viktory
17th December 2006, 17:14
Great drive by Ekström yesterday! :) Very happy with the outcome.

COD
17th December 2006, 18:29
Watched it on Eurosport last night, very boring..

Daniel
17th December 2006, 18:44
Nice one! Haha Perhaps this show's he should get a drive in a WRC team? :P
Well the fact that the Megane is a track car sort of doesn't mean anything in regards to Ekstrom getting a full time drive in a WRC team.

Woodeye
18th December 2006, 09:33
I think Sordo drove most spectacular last nite. All the time sideways on tarmac. It was a joy to watch.

Ok, he wasnt' the fastest but still great entertainment. :up:

Erki
18th December 2006, 09:46
Perhaps he enjoys DTM so much he doesn't want to have a drive in WRC team.

In 2007, Eki concentrates on DTM only, his 2006 DTM campaign was bad, to put it humbly. :\