PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite sim track or rally stage..

tannat
15th February 2007, 03:34
Thought it would make a great poll, but too many possibilities for answers.

favorite track: I'm absolutlely lovin' Brno on GTR. I think "Brno" means flow in Czech, cause this track is all about that. Spa is next best

Favorite rally stages: There is an 8 minute UK stage on Ralllisport challenge 2 that is an absolute blast. Combo of tramc and gravel. Really big fun!

harvick#1
15th February 2007, 04:07
Favorite Track: Circuit La Sarthe from GT4 with a Prototype :D (with and without the chicanes) ; Anoka Speedway from Nascar: Dirt to Daytona (hardest dirt track oval on a sim game) Adelaide from TRD3 (best Aussie circuit).

Favorite Rally: WCR on PSP, 1st and 2nd rounds in the Rally of Japan (they're alot of fun to drive) and the 3rd round of Monte Carlo. the Monte Carlo round requires zero faults, one wrong turn on the one lane road and your off the cliff.

I have others but haven't played much racing games recently

I am evil Homer
15th February 2007, 11:05
Track: Bathurst on TRD3 - real sense of achievement when you nail it

Rally: Mobil 1 Rally - Tyrone's ditches (Ireland) and SS1 Manx Rally!
RBR: Bisanne (France), Noiker (Japan)

Brown, Jon Brow
15th February 2007, 11:48
The full Nurbergring on various games.

On TRD3- Donington Park (national) a true drivers circuit. Brands Hatch Indy is also terrific.
TRD1- Bristol, it's just mad!!

Colin Mcrae Rally- Swedish snow rallies are fun and Japan in the wet :)

real_illusions
15th February 2007, 12:39
The old nurburgring on GT4

Norisring on TRD3 (just because i've been there)

Donington on any game, because its a great circuit, i've driven round it in real, plus its the closest circuit to me.

Adelaide is a cool track.

Spa is a great track, although i dont like the TRD3 version, its too bumpy...especially in a dtm car.

Suzuka on GT4. Perhaps the most realistic version i've seen of it.

And quite alot more i think...

:)

RALLY TEAM GB
15th February 2007, 12:50
track..castle combe, just love how narrow it is with a full grid of cars on it...the chicanes too

have CMR 4/ 5 amd rallisport challenge 2...all the stages are great on the games, but to choose a fav one i will go for CMR 4- AUSTRALIA stage 4

RALLY TEAM GB
15th February 2007, 12:56
Track: Bathurst on TRD3 - real sense of achievement when you nail it

Rally: Mobil 1 Rally - Tyrone's ditches (Ireland) and SS1 Manx Rally!
RBR: Bisanne (France), Noiker (Japan)

i hope that Bathurst gives you a real sense of achievement when you complete it, coz i cant complete it without crashing or being rammed of the track with a full grid of cars....any tips lol

real_illusions
15th February 2007, 13:37
track..castle combe, just love how narrow it is with a full grid of cars on it...the chicanes too

hate to disappoint you, but Castle Combe is alot wider in real life. Plus the last corner is a little out on the game too.

I've been driven round in a caterham on the track ;)

johnny shell
15th February 2007, 17:14
I can't believe there's people who LIKE Castle Coombe! that track is such a challange for me and doesn't seem to flow at all. maybe that's it's charm though - it for sure has character!

my favorites are Spa and then Bathurst. nothing else that I've 'raced on' even comes close. after those two I'd really have to think about what comes next. hmmmm...

and also Indianapolis and Dover. I have a certain love for ovals since I used to race on them for real. of course just driving on an oval isn't that much fun, but racing on one is as fun as anything!

Brown, Jon Brow
15th February 2007, 17:28
I can't believe there's people who LIKE Castle Coombe! that track is such a challange for me and doesn't seem to flow at all. maybe that's it's charm though - it for sure has character!

I like Castle Combe. i's one of the fastest tracks on TRD3 :) Flying through those chicanes taking loads of curb is fun.

luvracin
15th February 2007, 18:21
Mine would be :
- Nordschliffe for the sheer challenge(usually I play it on Forza).
- Spa still a challenge but also the way it flows is so fun..(TRD3)

Others...
- Road America(on Forza), awesome track and also cos I've driven it in my real car.
- Bathurst for the challenge(based on TRD2 but hopefully TRD3's version is better - ie: no "jumping")

harvick#1
16th February 2007, 02:13
how do you guys not like Lemans from GT4, running the R8's, Pescarolo's, 787B, C9, XJR-9, McLaren F1, C5Rs around the greatest circuit in the world.

luvracin
16th February 2007, 16:57
how do you guys not like Lemans from GT4, running the R8's, Pescarolo's, 787B, C9, XJR-9, McLaren F1, C5Rs around the greatest circuit in the world.

I only didn't mention it because it's not on one of my regular games. If it was, it would make my list.

Last time I played it was on my friends PS2 on GT3(i think). And yes, it's pretty good fun.

PuddleJumper
16th February 2007, 17:39
RBR - Noiker II (Japan) in the wet, when doing the expert championship and you're 10 seconds off the lead! If you ain't got cojones, don't bother. :p :

Also from RBR I love Chirdonhead (UK) for pure flat-out speed, Joux Verte (FR) for the hairpins and New Bobs (AU) for the satisfaction you get when you've cut every corner and got away with it. :D

Would love to drive the rumoured 30km stage that didn't make it to the final version of RBR.

Mixa
16th February 2007, 19:46
road racing: Le Mans in GT4 and in Le Mans 24 hours game is absolutely great fun to drive and I really love to drive different cars around it.. in Le Mans 24 hours the game its also quite nice to go and lap times are more realistic and night driving around the track is great fun too!! Nordschleife aint bad but cant reach the level of Le Mans. Also in the past loved to storm around Croft Circuit with the Laguna in TOCA2 and Thruxton was quite ok too. In world touring cars there were some nice tracks too and there the Mexico city was cool and Monza in night was something too :) . In TRD1 my fav title goes to old Hockenheim and and surprisingly it was nice to drive on with D2 Merc :D . In TRD3 these days a few is Surfers paradise or Norisring. For F1 games all time my favourite circuit status goes to Buenos Aires(Autodromo Oscar A. Galvez) or in older ones Monaco and Aida are also nice circuits,still a special mention goes to first F1 in PS1 where I totally loved to drive Montreal and in the end the chicanes where these days are just a straight were the most nicest part of the track. For MotoGP games I have always liked the most for Jerez and Estoril . For NASCAR for street circuits the best is Sears Point and for ovals Charlotte and Texas are quite equal.

offroad: In Rally side there are many stages I loved on.. In Colin McRae games dont remember too well the stage names but in CMR2 the one what runned in GB at partly in the forest but mainly in tarmac including a circle and visit at the house yard was a true top stage! Also in CMR1 Englandīs SS3 I believe where were the yellow leaves covered the road and in the side were a fence that also was cool. For WRC games the Sweden stages were good in WRC1. For WRC2 most of my favs were finded to Monte Carlo(specially the one what was in challenge too and there was snowing and it was really icy). In WRC3,Finlands SS1 was ok and also San Remo rally was a great drive! in WRC4 and WRC:re there aint anything too special... Maybe Ouninpohja and one turkish stage to WRC4 and in WRC:RE Turkey SS1 is the one I like. For motogross games the add on in Paris-Bercy is superb :P . The tunnel section and all those jumps got you to good mood. In motocross games are so other good ones too what you shouldnt forget. In Dakar games for Dakar 2 has to say that the desert stages are ok even when the game is keeped as quite awful.

Im sure that I have forgotten some great stages what I have driven during the years I have been playing but its truly aint a surprise :D

johnny shell
16th February 2007, 20:16
I have GT4 but I've hardly every played it because I love TRD3 so much.

but you can drive race cars arouns LeMans with it? cool!

I never thought GT4 gave you the feedback of TRD3 thouogh. I have a hard time telling when the car's at the limit and stuff. in TRD3 I can do that through feel. in GT4 I have to do it visually, and that's not as fun.

anyone else notice anything like that?

jso1985
18th February 2007, 20:05
TRD 3.- Bathurst and Zandvoort, both tracks are a great challenge, you can go fast but you also need some knowledge on how to brake in the right moment.

I also love the Indianapolis track on Indy Car Series 2005, really gives the "oval" feeling that any other game can't

Monza in F1 Challenge is also a good one.

About rally stages, in CMR2 I love every stage in Finland and SS9 in Italy

maxu05
20th February 2007, 06:15
I love the Adelaide track in TRD3, as well as Sandown. As for GT4, it's hard to go past the old Nurburgring. As for other sims, I love Tourist Trophy,(that's the bike version of GT4) and especially Midfield and Trial mountain on a race prepped Gixer.

Captain VXR
20th February 2007, 12:07

'Tis half an hour away from my house :D

sills
3rd March 2007, 19:03
Cant beat Richard Burns Rally france Bissane what a tricky stage and cant think of the name of the next one straight after it think its Jane Plain or something like that but its 11.6km and takes about 7-8 minutes

J.Lindstroem
4th March 2007, 10:34
My favorite rally stage is the first stage of the Pirelli International Rally in Rally Championship 2000!

PuddleJumper
5th March 2007, 11:40
It's called Joux Plane, and it's one scary stage in the wet. Should be called Aqua Plane. :p :

If I recall correctly, my fastest time on that one (in the dry of course) is about 5:50. :D

pino
5th March 2007, 15:15
Most of my fave rally-stages are in WRC3, the game maybe crap...but stages are great :up: :D

cosmicpanda
12th March 2007, 07:37
My favourite racetrack would be the Monaco GP track on GT4. The Spa track on F1 '05 was pretty good as well.

My favourite rally stage was Japilla from CMR04. Crazy jumps and torrential rain. Second favourite stage would be Lantosque from Monte Carlo in WRC4. That was the stage that looked most like the TV coverage, to me.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 17:33
perhaps it will be strange for some people, but I will say Zolder for GTR2
Donignton Park is awsome too for driving, with its up and down
finally Adelaide the V8 Supercar track, in the old ps one, Toca World Touring Cars