PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Junqueira to Conquest #36

Chamoo
16th May 2009, 06:34
Junky is apparently going to be confirmed in the second Conquest car tomorrow morning.

Check the blog for more info.

The Other Side (http://aowrtheotherside.blogspot.com/)

Gluaistean
16th May 2009, 16:01
Chamoo, it has been confirmed. He is being spoonsored by Al-Sport I think. Possibly wrong on that. But, great news none the less. Hard to see a guy line Bruno, Servia and Schekter waiting so long to get a ride, but, that's the way it goes.

By the way, I like that site.

drewdawg727
16th May 2009, 16:46
Didnt Rice have first dibbs on that Conquest machine?
I thought that Rubicon was all set to go?

MDS
16th May 2009, 18:03
Rubicon fell apart, and rice wasn't ever a lock with Rubicon either.

This All Sport might be a good thing. They've sponsored the team in the past, and with Jeremy Mayfield missing races and running afoul of the drug testing policy maybe there's a chance this could turn into a full deal. Conceivably there was a morals clause in their contract that Mayfield may have violated by turning in that positive test, so perhaps they can redirect the money they were spending on his program to Conquest and probably get primary sponsorship on both cars for what they were paying for one car that failing to make the field.

indycool
16th May 2009, 18:40
Originally, it looked like Scheckter at Conquest and Junqueira at Coyne but it reversed itself. Junqueira was in line for a third N/H/L car before Doornbos wiped out two of 'em.

MDS
16th May 2009, 22:16
There was never going to be a third NHL car. It was only a backup plan should SeBass lose the Toro Rosso ride

Chamoo
17th May 2009, 05:23
Rubicon fell apart, and rice wasn't ever a lock with Rubicon either.

This All Sport might be a good thing. They've sponsored the team in the past, and with Jeremy Mayfield missing races and running afoul of the drug testing policy maybe there's a chance this could turn into a full deal. Conceivably there was a morals clause in their contract that Mayfield may have violated by turning in that positive test, so perhaps they can redirect the money they were spending on his program to Conquest and probably get primary sponsorship on both cars for what they were paying for one car that failing to make the field.

That's a big if. I doubt they stop sponsoring the N-word.