15th May 2009, 13:27
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75300

Terrible news :(
Wow! :(

26 is way too young :( Condolances to his family

Knock-on
15th May 2009, 14:12
It looked like a fairytale story.

The lad was a talented racer but without the proper sponsors, he turned to engineering becoming head engineer at Palmer while only 22. Set up the team to promote his brother which was going great guns and now this.

Very sad.

EuroTroll
15th May 2009, 14:15
Don't mean to be insensitive, but.. what happened? :s

V12
15th May 2009, 14:35
Wow this is a shock, I'd been keeping an eye on his team actually since I always cheer on the non-Dallara runners in F3, stunned at this news! Same age as me as well :s

Still, to be running a successful F3 team with a unique car at the age of 26, don't think there can be much greater tribute to be paid than that, but what a waste.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Cooper_S
15th May 2009, 14:44
Whenever a young life is lost it is tragic... also his soon to be brother-in-law was also killed, so two families have been devastated and his fiance lost two people dear to her... very sad indeed.

RTA's are hard to deal with... who was to blame, If it was his BMW which hit the van and if he was driving excessively fast (many racing drivers tend to forget the road is not the track), If that was the case then I have no sympathy for him only the people who's lives his actions may have devastated

UltimateDanGTR
15th May 2009, 16:44
before reading the article I though that poor Joe had died on the race track.

But Im not sure If Im relieved that he didnt or feel even more sorry for him. Nevertheless, I am very saddened to here this.

Condolences to his family at this very difficult time. RIP.

EuroTroll
15th May 2009, 18:10
Ah, so that's it...

Sad, very sad when a person dies so young. :(

F1boat
15th May 2009, 18:42
Rip :(