PDA

View Full Version : Luis Perez and Steve Perez (VK) any relationship?

smolvar
14th February 2007, 18:10
Is there any relationship b/t Steve Perez, owner of Vodka Kick and primary sponsor of the now defunct Stobart VK team, and Luis Perez Companc who drove for that team?

I know Steve also drove in the BRC (in a focus WRC), but do they share anything other than a name?

Just a thought.

Simmi
14th February 2007, 18:22
Nope they are completely unrelated I'm afraid. Unless you subscribe to the school of thought that everyone is related.

ZequeArgentina
14th February 2007, 18:24
Is there any relationship b/t Steve Perez, owner of Vodka Kick and primary sponsor of the now defunct Stobart VK team, and Luis Perez Companc who drove for that team?

I know Steve also drove in the BRC (in a focus WRC), but do they share anything other than a name?

Just a thought.

No, not at all.
Not even a single lin.
Perez is a very common spanish name, and there are thosands of them all over latinamercia and spain.

In the case of Luis, his last name is compound: "Perez Companc" and has no relation.

Tom206wrc
14th February 2007, 19:41
By the way, "Companc" sounds quite like a french word(obviously I suppose pronounciation isn't the same in spanish)... :confused:

jso1985
14th February 2007, 19:49
pronounced something like "cohm-pahnc", the family probably have some french roots

Neil J
14th February 2007, 20:21
And all this time I thought they were brothers :)

Ah well ... ;)

CABAIO E'LONA
14th February 2007, 20:24
in spanish "companc" is pronunced " COHM PANHK"..."Perez" i probably the most popular name in Argentina...
The Perez-Companc family is the most rich family in this country....

buffalo
15th February 2007, 00:04
in spanish "companc" is pronunced " COHM PANHK"..."Perez" i probably the most popular name in Argentina...
The Perez-Companc family is the most rich family in this country....

What business is the Perez-Companc family in ? All I know is that apparently they are billionaires >>>

smolvar
15th February 2007, 01:48
Thanks for the info guys.
I did realize that Perez is a common name in Latin America and Spain but two men of the same name on the same team had me thinking.

ZequeArgentina
15th February 2007, 15:55
What business is the Perez-Companc family in ? All I know is that apparently they are billionaires >>>

Many bussinesses:
Used to be in the petrol exploring and fuel production and commercialization (sold it for thousands of million dollars).
Currently they run electrical genration and trasnport bussiness, they run a railroad line, winnery, agricultural, food idustry, oiling, tourism, entertainment (they own an Aquarium, an opn zoo, etc) and many others (Munchi´s for instance is a net of ice creams) - (Fortune magazine estimates Perez Comopanc family fortune in arround USD 4.500 million)

Iain
15th February 2007, 16:03
I didn't know VK Stobart were defunct. :confused:

MadCat
15th February 2007, 16:16
Could it have anything to do with Solberg joining the Stobart team? or maybe Perez has pulled out of the deal?

Or maybe im just talking rubbish .. which is more likely of course :p :

Roy
15th February 2007, 22:13
Thanks for the info guys.
... but two men of the same name on the same team had me thinking.
Do they drive in the same team? Now they didn't. Steve Perez had a colorfull VK packed Focus 03/04 last year in Catalunya. Companc drives that year a Stobart VK Ford. This year he had an own team 'Munchi's Ford WRT' Luis Perez Companc has a brother in WRC. That is the co-driver of Raies in the same team. His brother is Jorge Pérez Companc

Could it have anything to do with Solberg joining the Stobart team? or maybe Perez has pulled out of the deal?

Or maybe im just talking rubbish .. which is more likely of course :p :

Stobart was called Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team in 2006.
This year is VK disappeared in the name. But we see the brand on the doors of 2 cars. But we see also that one car has no Stobart and VK on the car. (Henning).
On Latvala's car is ST1 logo's where Wilsons car is shown the VK logo. So... VK support less in 2007. Thats why they not longer in the name.