PDA

View Full Version : So, Rubens was right then?

CaptainRaiden
13th May 2009, 09:41
When he said that the Brawn GP car is not the fastest ONLY because of the diffuser, but because it's just a better car overall.

Well, now that Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault, all have their own version of the double deck diffusers, and with numerous other improvements on their cars, they are still unable to match the pace and consistency of the Brawn GP cars, at least in qualifying and race, which did another 1-2 in the Spanish grand prix.

It didn't shoot them up the grid, or give them the 5 tenths that their engineers were claiming the diffusers are worth.

The only thing which remains to be seen now is, how effective Newey's version of double deck diffuser is gonna be on the Red Bulls, and if they are gonna be able to do anything about the Brawns.

I am evil Homer
13th May 2009, 10:03
Not really....because the Brawn was deisgned from the off with that diffusor. The other cars have had the 'bolted on' which affects many other elements which now have to also be redesigned.

A better picture will emerge later in the season once the other teams have got to grips with it

PolePosition_1
13th May 2009, 11:05
When he said that the Brawn GP car is not the fastest ONLY because of the diffuser, but because it's just a better car overall.

Well, now that Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault, all have their own version of the double deck diffusers, and with numerous other improvements on their cars, they are still unable to match the pace and consistency of the Brawn GP cars, at least in qualifying and race, which did another 1-2 in the Spanish grand prix.

It didn't shoot them up the grid, or give them the 5 tenths that their engineers were claiming the diffusers are worth.

The only thing which remains to be seen now is, how effective Newey's version of double deck diffuser is gonna be on the Red Bulls, and if they are gonna be able to do anything about the Brawns.

Yeah, as stated, thats a pretty niave viewpoint to take. The Brawn diffuser has been designed and evolved over 10 month, with the whole car being made suitable for it. the other cars have diffusers which are still incredibly young in their development life, and have been 'bolted' on to the exisiting principles of their cars, so obviously its not going to make them instantly 0.5s a lap quicker.

truefan72
13th May 2009, 17:36
Yeah, as stated, thats a pretty niave viewpoint to take. The Brawn diffuser has been designed and evolved over 10 month, with the whole car being made suitable for it. the other cars have diffusers which are still incredibly young in their development life, and have been 'bolted' on to the exisiting principles of their cars, so obviously its not going to make them instantly 0.5s a lap quicker.

add to that severe restrictions on testing and their development is hampered even further

K-Pu
13th May 2009, 19:05
Pedro de la Rosa said at the starting grid of the Spanish GP that their car was even worse with the double decker. And they also had to go back to their earlier front wing, since the new wan didnīt improve their performance. In fact, it was even worse.

So... After all it wasnīt only the diffuser, eh?
So... What will they complain about now?

I answer myself with another question: Why didnīt the FIA make things clear enough at the beginning?

gloomyDAY
13th May 2009, 22:15
I answer myself with another question: Why didnīt the FIA make things clear enough at the beginning?Because they're stupid and now FOTA is pissed off and about to slam the door shut on F1.

K-Pu
13th May 2009, 23:04
Because they're stupid and now FOTA is pissed off and about to slam the door shut on F1.

Thus ends this little story: with an answer, and a most true one.