PDA

View Full Version : Best 93rd Indy 500 Livery?

Chamoo
12th May 2009, 14:59
Alright, so lets set the record straight here. We've seen various different paint schemes for the I500, either through 1-offs or from veterans with different sponsors or new sponsors for the big race (and beyond).

But now, lets decide, amongst ourselves anyways, who has the best livery out there.

Personally, I really like Scott Sharp's Panther Patron car. That lime green stands out so nicely on the black background. Tagliani's Conquest car is nice with the sponsorship from the Indianapolis Historical Museum. There aren't many cars similar to Tags car which is nice. No one else uses the same colours Conquest is using.

bblocker68
12th May 2009, 16:39
Mike Conway's Purex car is the shizzzz.

Oli_M
12th May 2009, 18:20
99 car :D

No, seriously, I do actually like it.

But also the 'clean' cars, such as Fishers and Rahals, advertising is very clear and nothing OTT, which I kinda like.

I'm weird aren't I?

SarahFan
12th May 2009, 18:25
Sarah's dollar general is clearly the best.... and she is going to win next sunday!

TURN3
12th May 2009, 18:29
Sarah's dollar general is clearly the best.... and she is going to win next sunday!

I love it! For the spirit and the mockery!!

How about Stanton's car or RHR's? Any votes?

maxmach
12th May 2009, 20:18
Well, the pink or should I say "PINK" car of loyld is something, I do like Sharps car a lot, seems like it would have been perfect colors for Tracy if his major sponser was monster. Wheldon's camo job is ok, it got lots of pr. I dunno, probably the nicest is Sharps, most audacious is Lloyd's, funkiest is Wheldon's and most tech is RHR's.

bzcam
12th May 2009, 22:08

And, she'll win the pole too! And, she'll win the Spirit 100 on Friday. And, she'll have the best carb on carb day. And, she'll win the Championship. And, ...

BZ

TURN3
13th May 2009, 01:07
And, she'll win the pole too! And, she'll win the Spirit 100 on Friday. And, she'll have the best carb on carb day. And, she'll win the Championship. And, ...

BZ

Been over at the sushi & saki bar this afternoon. I'm hearing she's a lock for the new U.S. F1 team. Schu's record 7 (?) championships will fall!! She's the best ever.

This is awesome!

Rollo
13th May 2009, 01:43
I can tell you what SHOULD have been on one of the cars...

Paul Tracy's GEICO car should have had that annoying gecko on it somewhere.

chuck34
13th May 2009, 01:48
Actually I do quite like Sarah's car. It stands out from the others. Her helmet is also quite nice.

Will Rogers
13th May 2009, 03:26
Sarah is the feel-good story of this 500, and she's a positive to the Series, but she's a waste of space as a driver--she can't run in traffic, and won't last 40 laps.

Scheckterfan54
13th May 2009, 04:10
You are all forgetting Marco's sweet new look. And Tk's qualification hodge podge was pretty good looking as well.

DanicaFan
13th May 2009, 05:02
I can tell you what SHOULD have been on one of the cars...

Paul Tracy's GEICO car should have had that annoying gecko on it somewhere.

The gecko is on there, just a small picture.

The best livery in the 500 as well as the whole season is Danica Patrick's #7 car. :)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/danicanewcar2.jpg

TURN3
13th May 2009, 05:21

The best livery in the 500 as well as the whole season is Danica Patrick's #7 car. :)

This is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Almost as ugly ast the black & blue. But it is one of the easiest to see as she drives around mid to back pack.

harvick#1
13th May 2009, 08:07
I personally like Wheldons camo livery :)

second is the Patron (almost added Acura after it :p ) of sharps
third is Sarah's

although I've always loved the marlboro livery, with marlboro would be on the side, only an idiot would not realize it these days :(

Civic
13th May 2009, 08:49
At least PT doesn't have the cavemen on his car.

Alexamateo
13th May 2009, 13:24
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/Paul_Tracy_2007.jpg

methanolHuffer
13th May 2009, 13:43
Townsend Bell has this lime green on white designed by some European firm and his sponsor is herbalife or something.

Decent colors and different. I don't think he has much shakedown time in the car, though.

jwhite9185
14th May 2009, 17:08

i thought danicle had it wrapped up months ago?

Chris R
14th May 2009, 18:51

I liked the Motorola with blue better...

Chris R
14th May 2009, 18:52
can anyone post pictures of some of the liveries for this year? I have seen some of them on tv - but not all of these......

NickFalzone
16th May 2009, 04:52
This is not a current car, but anyone know if/when this diecast was available? It's a great looking model and I can't seem to find any details on it beyond James Dean's site:

http://www.jamesdean.com/business/products/product4.html

beachgirl
16th May 2009, 17:23
I liked the Motorola with blue better...

I also liked the carbon fiber black pattern on her earlier car. The new one just reminds me of Halloween and the Great Pumpkin. Might look better if they put the carbon fiber pattern back on the black part.

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2009, 14:33
The National Guard car is the best I have seen pictures of so far, but Admittely I haven't see many of them at all. Been away from the TV when any Indy news has been around.

However, next Sunday, I am sure I will see what I need to see, I am planting my butt infront of that TV and watching all I can get....

hrcart
17th May 2009, 20:57
can anyone post pictures of some of the liveries for this year? I have seen some of them on tv - but not all of these......

try here http://www.motorsport.com/ theres plenty of pictures

cobre
18th May 2009, 15:37
I'll give the john andretti \ richard petty window world car a standard golf applause , but i really like orial servia's retro look.