PDA

View Full Version : How Many People You Know That Do Not Watch F1 This Year? (2009)

goodf1fun
11th May 2009, 18:53
Hi to all,

i know many people that do not like this year show.. ferrari and mclaren are back but this is not the main reason. The show is poor, we dont have a war for the championship like the previous years, and the winner is simply too relaxed ahead. Also the f1 ''heroes'' are not heroes for the fans anymore... Thats my feeling. To watch a strugglng Pique racing because of his money, and 2 years before someone else from super aguri team was adviced by fia to stop racing for safety reasons..thats pathetic!!!
this is not racing anymore..this is poor show. I can think easily 15 people that i know that do not watch f1 this year because they just say it is BULLS#$%^.

i am very sad because show is getting worst every year.

vfj
11th May 2009, 20:52
This guy will not be watching FI anymore its gone its now totaly boring, sh--te Thank god for BTCC

Soperfan
11th May 2009, 21:14
dont agree with this. F1 had to change. the cost was killing it and you talk about predictable?? how many processions we had the last few years with the same teams winning. now IMO every team on their day has a chance of a good finish and the reduced costs could mean a full grid of 26 cars soon with plenty of overtaking.

of course Ferrari wont like it as it means the chance of them dominating or any one team dominating and winning everything is much less.

for me this year i have turned back ON :)

christophulus
11th May 2009, 22:35
I've actually persuaded friends to watch the F1 this year, with more success than previously. Selling it as being unpredictable really worked. :)

mstillhere
11th May 2009, 22:47
I've actually persuaded friends to watch the F1 this year, with more success than previously. Selling it as being unpredictable really worked. :)

I am not. I am NOT watchinmg free practice, qualify and the race. And guess what? Once I found out the results I am very glad I did not

TMorel
11th May 2009, 23:47
Well I'm loving this season, and I've got my family back into watching it too.

Of course, we all dislike McLaren so that might have something to do with it (haaa-haaa Ron and pfffttt to Lewis)
If Rubens could up his pace a bit more (sorry, still not buying the conspiracy theories) then we could even be tempted to go watch a race live later in the season.

truefan72
12th May 2009, 01:06
i missed australai since I was traveling. and it incidentally turned out to be one of the better races.

So far 2009 has been fairly predictable and boring. The rain races don't help either. 1 or 2 a season ok, but to have to the watch Malaysia debacle and china in the rain isn't that much for me.

All told, I pretty much tune in for the races only, and don't bother with FP1,2 or 3 and get my qualy results from live timing since its15 minutes behind here anyway.

Dave B
12th May 2009, 08:25
With all thre practice sessions being broadcast I'm watching far more F1 this year. Brawn may have dominated so far, and I can see why some casual fans would perceive that as "boring", but mark my words they're being caught up - indeed Red Bull may already have a faster car.

This season is far from over, and it's about to get even better. Miss it at your peril!

Mark
12th May 2009, 09:20
Totally disagree. This season is probably the best for a decade, and 2008 was pretty good!

It's very refreshing to see a different order at the top. When was the last time that the 'top' teams struggled so much and the 'backmarkers' came through to be challenging for race wins! It just doesn't happen in F1, until now.

Ari
12th May 2009, 10:03
I am not. I am NOT watchinmg free practice, qualify and the race. And guess what? Once I found out the results I am very glad I did not

Yeah but you're American. You don't like F1. :p

Next!

vfj
12th May 2009, 19:36
Yeah but you're American. You don't like F1. :p

Next!
What utter crap is that--------its boring i switched over to watch Man unt and man city---roll on weekend Bcct at Donnington overtaking the lot no team orders - or fixes - not a bunch of overpaid ponces, racing at its best-- as F1 was 25 yrs ago and longer back than that, Oh and its only 25 notes to get in.

emporer_k
12th May 2009, 19:45
2009 Might not be turning out to be as good as the prvious 2 years but I've watched much worse years.

F1boat
12th May 2009, 19:46
Actually my friends enjoy the fresh faces :)

Valve Bounce
12th May 2009, 23:13
My Wife :(

woody2goody
13th May 2009, 00:03
Totally disagree. This season is probably the best for a decade, and 2008 was pretty good!

It's very refreshing to see a different order at the top. When was the last time that the 'top' teams struggled so much and the 'backmarkers' came through to be challenging for race wins! It just doesn't happen in F1, until now.

Spot on. Like I said in another thread, the results may look predictable and boring but how they got to the results has been far from it.