PDA

View Full Version : Brawns rear wheel covers

CNR
11th May 2009, 01:09
does anyone know why jenson runs the back yellow wheel cover and Rubens does not use it
http://i42.tinypic.com/24xm989.jpg

not sure if the f1 regulations have changed but what happend to where both cars had to look identical ?

Tumbo
11th May 2009, 01:25
I thought it was just the liveries had to be the same - there are differences in the camera pod colours in the regs (yellow v black for second car) Brawn may just be running the same for their wheel covers?

Dave B
11th May 2009, 07:47
According to the BBC commentary Rubens found his rear brakes were ever-so-slightly too hot with the covers in place, so they came off to aid cooling.

big_sw2000
11th May 2009, 08:16
I noticed Massa's front left wheel cover fly off down the pits straight.
That could of be dangerous, flying into the crowed etc.
What sort of diffrance did not having it make to his race.

52Paddy
11th May 2009, 08:42
What sort of diffrance did not having it make to his race.

Not having it messes up the fuel consumption.

Mark
11th May 2009, 08:51
not sure if the f1 regulations have changed but what happend to where both cars had to look identical ?

They've never had to look identical. Just "substantially the same". Teams have quite often in the past (before the different colour cameras) had little differences on the cars. e.g. Ferrari having yellow squares on the front wings of one of the cars. Notably Schumacher having red on the very front of his Benetton.

big_sw2000
11th May 2009, 08:53
Not having it messes up the fuel consumption.
Of, course all that drag it caused. :D

Knock-on
11th May 2009, 09:51
According to the BBC commentary Rubens found his rear brakes were ever-so-slightly too hot with the covers in place, so they came off to aid cooling.

No, no, no. It's team orders to help Jenson and handicap Rubens :D

HenryM
12th May 2009, 01:30
brazilian TV said rubens is using different brakes that need more cooling, rubens had some trouble with the brakes in the first races...

call_me_andrew
12th May 2009, 02:42
They've never had to look identical. Just "substantially the same". Teams have quite often in the past (before the different colour cameras) had little differences on the cars. e.g. Ferrari having yellow squares on the front wings of one of the cars. Notably Schumacher having red on the very front of his Benetton.

A better example would be one Ferrari having a shark fin and the other not.

big_sw2000
12th May 2009, 06:47
A better example would be one Ferrari having a shark fin and the other not.
Why have i missed this, when