PDA

View Full Version : Legge v. Wheldon

ChicagocrewIRL
14th February 2007, 16:37
Has anyone else heard about this ongoing feud between fellow Brits Dan Wheldon and Katherine Legge ? I read a small blurb in the recent issue of Autosport Magazine where the two had not so kind things to say about each other... In effect, Legge said something about how she had seen Wheldon on TV and said to herself, "Please Dear God, don't let me ever be like THAT !" and Wheldon firing back that Legge isn't really talked about and is a non-factor in the circles he runs in, and that he finds Legge less capable than Danica Patrick.
Any other juicy tidbits from anyone in this feud ???

F1boat
14th February 2007, 17:59
Well, the difference is that Dan is a IRL champion, Legge is famous because of a crash and because she is a girl...

ChicagocrewIRL
14th February 2007, 18:32
I think that's a great new name for Legge.... CRASH GIRL

F1boat
14th February 2007, 20:13
Well said.

Okeefe
14th February 2007, 21:29
Watch out - there's a thread on this already and you are entering into a taboo subject around this place and anything said, true or not, about K.Legge that is not praise or excuses for her is not well received and will simply invoke deflective shots at other parties - poster on a Board or racers (Speedy Dan, Ranger, Mario and his crew by her flipping them the bird, continually Danica, and) most recently Dan Wheldon and at the same time insulting the Americans.
I believe the earlier thread discussion here ended along the lines of, if you can believe it, what would Dan Wheldon even know about racing and discussing instead his use of hair products......that's deflective alright.
I personally think Dan Wheldon knows a quite a bit about racing; and I don't think he meant any harm by what he said.
I wonder if Danica found fault with what he said - he mentioned her too, but I haven't heard anything that she was up in arms about it. Was she - does anyone know?

grungex
14th February 2007, 21:58
Wow. No bias from you, eh? You should realize that the thread is still there for anyone to see. If you're going to make stuff up you ought to be sure you can't get caught.

http://autoracing1.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114235

Okeefe
14th February 2007, 22:08
Well I'm new at this linkage stuff; but thought I'd offer fair warning........wasn't trying to make anything up. Do you need more fibre?

ChicagocrewIRL
14th February 2007, 22:17
http://autoracing1.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114235[/QUOTE]

Ah ok thanks guys I just read through that thread on the CCWS side and it answers a lot of questions . Administrators, feel free to close this thread. THANKS

Jag_Warrior
15th February 2007, 04:15
IMO, Wheldon is doing her a favor by mentioning her. He's getting her name in the news as a racer (whether his comments are positive or not). If she deserves to be "rated", then she can prove him wrong this season. If she keeps bumping into things, then Wheldon might be right.

F1boat
15th February 2007, 08:34
IMO, Wheldon is doing her a favor by mentioning her.

:) :) :) :thumbsup:

Okeefe
15th February 2007, 15:05
Well since we're in the IRL side of the Board here, did Danica respond to what Wheldon said at all anywhere?

Jag_Warrior
16th February 2007, 00:37
Well, in Danica's case, at least Wheldon didn't go so far as to call her a "kitchen appliance".

Would it be a safe bet that Bernie Ecclestone isn't a supporter of N.O.W.? :D

grungex
16th February 2007, 21:43
Well, in Danica's case, at least Wheldon didn't go so far as to call her a "kitchen appliance".

Maybe he doesn't think she knows how to cook. :p :

Quetch
16th February 2007, 22:11
storm in a spoon of water...

weeflyonthewall
17th February 2007, 17:22
With Sarah and Milka coming to town maybe Wheldon will back peddle a little or they might start selling tickets to his coming out party.

Indy500'79
19th February 2007, 05:37
Wheldon is right on the numbers with this one.

Okeefe
19th February 2007, 14:18
I've heard that K.Legge was trying to be nice to Danica by responding as she did to Wheldon's opinion, so was K.Legge trying to be nice to Wheldon with her response also? Can someone post a link to this if anyone still knows where it was?