PDA

View Full Version : Who is Getting the AXE

Roamy
8th May 2009, 15:59
Which drivers do you think will be axed from F1 and which drivers do you think will be axed from their team?

F1
Piquet
Bordais
Fish
Barr

team
RAK

Bagwan
8th May 2009, 19:04
Axe Kimi , give Rubens the seat , and give Jacques the BGP car beside Button .
Juan Pablo gets Piquet's car .
Marco gets Bourdais's car .
Put Kimi in the Fish's car .

How's that sound , cowboy ?

Which drivers do you think will be axed from F1 and which drivers do you think will be axed from their team?

F1
Piquet
Bordais
Fish
Barr

team
RAK

Roamy
8th May 2009, 23:31
Jock Clear is lobbying for a JV test
I think rubens will go to indycar
marco can't drive fast enough on road courses - he is a joke
kimi will go to toro or renault
alonso to ferrari

CNR
8th May 2009, 23:54
i think that Piquet will be gone by the next race

F1 : Nelson Piquet denies too much pressure from Renault Formula 1 ... (http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13107&Itemid=219)

Nelson Piquet has denied that he feels pressure rather than support from his Renault F1 team. Speculation has surrounded the Brazilian's future in Formula

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Motor_Racing/10311577.html
Piquet could get the boot very soon

Renault's Nelson Piquet's plunge down among the Formula One also-rans has edged him to the brink of a sacking from the French outfit. And this weekend the Spanish Grand Prix could be the 23-year-old's last race, especially if he does not perform well.
Boss Flavio Briatore has not publicly condemned Piquet, but behind the scenes I am told he is far from happy with the youngster's downright disappointing showings so far this campaign.
His qualifying sessions have been disastrously off the pace and his race efforts have been riddled with errors, so much so that the countdown has begun on an early closure of his F1 career

V12
9th May 2009, 02:19
Seconded on Piquet.

Alonso's "support" of Hamilton in the press conference on Thursday also seemed a thinly-veiled attack on Piquet... "I miss having a teammate to push me" etc.

He's largely there because he doesn't rattle Alonso and leaves him as the undisputed number one, but if he doesn't even have that going for him..what does he have?

Probably doesn't help that Renault reserve driver Grosjean has made an impressive start (OK it's only pole for the first race but still) to his GP2 season.

Bourdais will probably be OK till the end of the season, and Force India dropping Fisi would do them more harm than good IMO. Barrichello is doing his good old fashioned number two job and barring exceptional circumstances won't face the axe till 2010.

ShiftingGears
9th May 2009, 02:26
I think rubens will go to indycar
marco can't drive fast enough on road courses - he is a joke
alonso to ferrari

Rubens has said that the increased danger of oval racing does not appeal to him, so I cannot imagine him ever going there.
I can't see JV returning either.
I agree that Marco won't cut it.
Kimi will retire if he's not driving for Ferrari.
Alonso is anyones guess.

V12
9th May 2009, 03:02
As far as Kimi goes, I think he'll do a Mansell (1992). Jump before he's pushed.

jens
9th May 2009, 12:04
Alonso is anyones guess.

Ferrari. ;) Whether in 2010 or 2011, is unclear.

Garry Walker
9th May 2009, 12:12
As far as Kimi goes, I think he'll do a Mansell (1992). Jump before he's pushed.

Mansell left Williams because he demanded crazy sums of money and Frank refused, but still wanted him.

F1boat
9th May 2009, 12:15
Mansell left Williams because he demanded crazy sums of money and Frank refused, but still wanted him.

And Newman-Haas gave Nige that money?

Garry Walker
9th May 2009, 12:44
And Newman-Haas gave Nige that money?

No.

But Mansells ego couldnt take that Prost was getting paid more than him.
Frank still wanted him for 1993.

Dave B
9th May 2009, 14:17
Can you either provide a credible source or some of what you're smoking? :s mokin:

alonso to ferrari
That would be correct if you remove "to toro or renault". Kimi will just go. Renault may not even exist as an option.

Roamy
9th May 2009, 14:44
Can you either provide a credible source or some of what you're smoking? :s mokin:

That would be correct if you remove "to toro or renault". Kimi will just go. Renault may not even exist as an option.

Havana Whama - Lot easier to get now that Obama is in.
And if you are a real "stud" you can get it packed in a Cohiba wrapper !

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090507162628.shtml

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/News/146445/1/villeneuve_open_to_f1_return_and_eyeing_us_gpe.htm l

gloomyDAY
9th May 2009, 14:48
JV can't even fit into a F1 car!

Next to go will be one of the Force India drivers, Bourdais, and Piquet.

wedge
9th May 2009, 14:55
Piquet Jr

and probably Kovy judging by Brundle's commentary - who sounded like one of his drivers could've done a better job.

Unless another driver turns up with a bigger bag of cash Seabass is staying put for now.

Tazio
9th May 2009, 15:16
I wouldn't exactly call it "Getting the Axe",
However IMHO I think it's a safe bet that Fred replaces Kimi Next season.
Unless Fred gets an offer from a front runner. ;)

veeten
9th May 2009, 15:36
JV can't even fit into a F1 car!Not too out of the question, with some work with a trainer/nutritionist, he could be back in racing shape in time to be on the grid.

He would be a good 'shepherd' to whoever Anderson/Windsor chooses, be they one of the current crop of driver choices or some other that they have in mind.

More likely Bourdais or Piquet Jr. Mallaya is too busy in 'happy to be here' mode to actually contemplate making a real attempt at competition with the rest of the field, so Fisi & the kid are safe.

Roamy
9th May 2009, 16:14
JV can't even fit into a F1 car!

Actually you are incorrect as he was quite diminutive to start with and has
stayed in very good shape since leaving F1. I doubt he would ever make it back but a test would be a very nice gesture as recognition to the time spent trying to get that pig to fly.

jens
9th May 2009, 16:23

"One of the FI drivers" probably means Fisi, who is much older too. Sutil is gradually starting to get better of the pair, while the Italian's motivation keeps fading at the back of the field.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Liuzzi replaces Fisi already before the end of the season.

Bagwan
9th May 2009, 16:51
Of course Marco would be a bust , but it would be fun to watch .

Jock knows a thing or 2 about drivers , and more , much more than that about JV .

Anyone here on the board got better credentials than Jock ?
I don't think so .

If Jacques can muscle a Peugeot around Lemans in the rain , in the dark , for big tank stints , he can still crank the wheel in F1 .

It is being soft on the skins that has Jensen on top , and that is Jacques's forte as well .
Without Richards in between , and Pollock stirring the bees constantly , we might see a good , and fair fight .

Jacques won on slicks , and relishes the idea , but only since the cars are getting back in the control of the driver .

I don't think I like the idea of him in a new team again , though , Veeten .
BAR was supposed to be the dream team , but , it is only now it is coming good .
The idea of something new again makes sense , as it might be the only choice , but another collosal failure like the Pollock train with it's BAR toilet seats , gives me the willies .
It might not be as much of an issue , though , as Green is now his promoter .

The Brawn car needs JV in that second seat .
Ross knows Rubens pretty well , and knows Jacques as an opponent , to whom he lost .

Keep talking , Jock .

Pino , I hope all these lines about Jacques don't get stuck in your craw . He's currently in the news , you know .
Feel free to post a few warm thoughts , yourself , if you wish .

Dave B
9th May 2009, 19:22
JV could work as a PR stunt, but not as a credible driver choice. Looks like another hat-eating bet is on the cards!

slinkster
9th May 2009, 20:04
The more races I see, the more worried I get for Heikki. :(

I'm still happy to provide him with some driving lessons.

Bagwan
9th May 2009, 20:35
JV could work as a PR stunt, but not as a credible driver choice. Looks like another hat-eating bet is on the cards!

I promise to make a hat out of some lox and cream cheese , and eat it when JV gets that seat , with a bottle of bubbly , perhaps .
What are you gonna eat , Davey ?

Jock Clear backs me up . Jock was Senna's engineer , too , you'll remember .

PSfan
9th May 2009, 22:38
Little off topic we are, but I`ll play along...

Its really a shame that the in season testing ban is/would really work against JV re-partnering up with Button at Brawn. Clear might think it would be fun for JV to test the new cars, but the FIA have made that pretty much impossible.

I think the only alternative is, as soon as one of the new teams are confirmed, they buy a used "current" chassis and test the crap outa it and potential drivers during the current season as I don't believe they would be forced not to. Its just a matter of finding a friendly current team that would sell them a "test mule" chassis.

Hawkmoon
10th May 2009, 01:14
Why would Brawn wan't to replace a driver who's career is winding down with a driver who's career is so dead a necromancer would have trouble getting any life out of it?

rickos
10th May 2009, 01:20

You may now order one by colour, flavour and style.

CNR
10th May 2009, 03:54
http://www.forumula1.net/2009/f1/features/car-design-technology/button-and-brawn-proof-the-cars-the-star/

Many would argue that for some years now, the driver’s contribution to the speed of the package has been considerably reduced. Such was the state of play by 1993, when Adrian Newey’s Williams FW15’s technological gizmos essentially ran the car for the driver. The FIA has been fighting a constant battle since, for example taking away active ride suspension, removing and then reinstating traction control (then removing it again), in order to retain some pretence of driver influence.
The rise of drivers such as Jacques Villeneuve confirm the sceptics’ view. Villeneuve won the world championship in 1997, in a vastly superior car to his rival Schumacher, yet had to take it down to the wire to do so. Villeneuve is invariably considered lower on Greatest Driver Ever lists than his achievement might warrant, however, perhaps because he is the driver who best symbolises the triumph of the machinery over the man.
Today many casual fans are heard asking why Button is at the top this season. To them the answer is clear; he now has a winning car, which was not at his disposal last season. The rule changes have permitted clever engineers to shine at the expense of their more illustrious rivals - a wonderful story, for engineers. But the driver today is irrelevant, goes the argument - we might as well have remote control F1 races.

Dave B
10th May 2009, 10:16
I'll publicly say this: If Jacques Villeneuve ever starts another F1 race, I'll buy a hat and post pictures of me eating it. Ain't gonna happen.

Garry Walker
10th May 2009, 11:42
I'll publicly say this: If Jacques Villeneuve ever starts another F1 race, I'll buy a hat and post pictures of me eating it.

I will do the same

skm
10th May 2009, 11:51
I was impressed with how well Piquet qualified, especially looking at the weights.

Think a top 8 finish is possible. Least that's what I've punted.

Garry Walker
10th May 2009, 11:56
I was impressed with how well Piquet qualified, especially looking at the weights.

Think a top 8 finish is possible. Least that's what I've punted.

Lets explain this again.
Piquet qualified on low fuel, but because he did not make it to the top 10 in Q2, he could choose whatever fuel load he wanted for the race.

skm
10th May 2009, 12:11
Thanks Garry :( I should have checked those details first. Still I was impressed with his improved qualifying this weekend.

Bagwan
10th May 2009, 12:25
I'll publicly say this: If Jacques Villeneuve ever starts another F1 race, I'll buy a hat and post pictures of me eating it. Ain't gonna happen.

Please specify hat type (official Jacques Villeneuve edition preferred) .

Bagwan
10th May 2009, 12:26
I will do the same

Dave B
10th May 2009, 12:35
I've got a Damon Hill baseball cap from when they were team-mates. Will that do you? :p

Bagwan
10th May 2009, 15:06
I've got a Damon Hill baseball cap from when they were team-mates. Will that do you? :p

I'll see if the Tucsonian rustler can source you a JV sombrero .

Roamy
10th May 2009, 15:45
i don't have a real good feeling that trulli will survive - could he be keeping kimi's new seat warm

Roamy
10th May 2009, 15:47
I'll see if the Tucsonian rustler can source you a JV sombrero .

si senor :p

aryan
10th May 2009, 15:49
I've been saying this for a while.

Piquet finished last again. I CAN FINISH LAST. And I don't need any moeny to do it. Seriously.

Let me drive that car Flavio!

jens
10th May 2009, 17:09
i don't have a real good feeling that trulli will survive - could he be keeping kimi's new seat warm

Huh? :dozey: If by this you mean that Kimi will join Toyota, then it's absolutely sure it'll never happen. And maybe Toyota leaves F1 anyway, after all.

woody2goody
10th May 2009, 17:39
I've been saying this for a while.

Piquet finished last again. I CAN FINISH LAST. And I don't need any moeny to do it. Seriously.

Let me drive that car Flavio!

Didn't Fisi finish last?

stevie_gerrard
11th May 2009, 11:03
I would say Nelson Piquet is likely to be gone before British GP, be surprised if he isn't. Nakajima probably has something to prove as well considering how well Rosberg is doing in the Williams.