PDA

View Full Version : How can someone (something) with a post count of 0 send (spam) PM's?

Jag_Warrior
5th May 2009, 15:10
I received a spam PM from a person or bot named blubPleab. That person's post count was 0. Maybe there should be a requirement that new members have at least 5 or 10 posts before they can send PM's?

Jag_Warrior
22nd June 2009, 17:51
OK, since I just got another one and he's active on the board this very second (Hi Therogue. Sorry, but I have no desire to win 97% of my sports bets.), I think there should be a minimum post count before these muppets can post threads or send PM's.

I don't think anyone with less than say 5 posts should be allowed to do anything other than reply to existing threads or posts.

What do you think, Mark?

donKey jote
22nd June 2009, 20:51
well the "feature" as it stands can be useful to keep in touch with banned muppets :p :

just select and delete works fine with therogues :)

pino
22nd June 2009, 21:15
Therogue has been banned but I cannot do anymore, only Mark can...maybe ;)

Jag_Warrior
22nd June 2009, 21:37
I understand, Pino. Thanks.

Jag_Warrior
23rd June 2009, 05:24
Something is happening that these a-holes are coming in and spamming more often. Are these mass PM's or am I just the lucky duck today?

Please add Moto-Maniac to the list of spammers.

A question. If I turn off my PM function, will I lose the PM's I have stored???

pino
23rd June 2009, 06:24
Moto-Maniac banned too, and he also (as Therouge) was an "User Awaiting Moderation" how can he send a PM when he wasn't even accepted to the forums ? :crazy:

Mark
23rd June 2009, 09:02
I've now changed the forum permissions to close this loophole!

BTCC2
7th July 2009, 20:19
Something is happening that these a-holes are coming in and spamming more often. Are these mass PM's or am I just the lucky duck today?

No I was offered this too :p