PDA

View Full Version : PT on windtunnel

SarahFan
5th May 2009, 03:54
http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/22219459/wind-tunnel-paul-tracy.htm

anyone think he can win it?

tough raod ahead with the red cars... Kanaan and couple others..

no question the month is better with him than without him.... at least not for me

Wilf
5th May 2009, 18:36
http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/22219459/wind-tunnel-paul-tracy.htm

anyone think he can win it?

tough raod ahead with the red cars... Kanaan and couple others..

no question the month is better with him than without him.... at least not for me

My only concern about PT is whether he can maintain his head, concentration, for the 500 miles. Physically, I 'm sure he can do it. He will be as fast as the car can go; we don't know if that is fast enough to run with the big boys. We should see later today: T - 23 minutes.

chuck34
6th May 2009, 13:11
Finally got around to watching my DVR'd version last night. Did anybody catch his joke about "this ain't no dance contest"? I thought that was pretty good. I don't like PT as a driver (I hope Helio, and everyone else for that matter, waxes his tail), but he does bring some good stuff to the series.

the bro
6th May 2009, 21:28
Loved the part about the Dance Contest. Also when they asked him who he would pick to win the 500, he said he only picks guys that he likes and he doesn't like too many of these guys!

bravefish
7th May 2009, 01:10
Of course he's got a chance to win it - but he won't. Penske or Ganassi as per

Chamoo
7th May 2009, 03:03
Of course he's got a chance to win it - but he won't. Penske or Ganassi as per

We'll see about that. There are 3 of the one offs I think can win it, and he is one of them (Power and Sharp are the others).

NickFalzone
7th May 2009, 03:42
It all depends, there are certain things that need to fall into place for PT to win it, but between his talent and KV's equipment, I think he has the shot to be in a position to win. Should be exciting to watch.

Easy Drifter
7th May 2009, 06:54
If the motor is still running and there are 4 wheels pointing, more or less where they should, you can never write PT off.

garyshell
7th May 2009, 15:22
If the motor is still running and there are 4 wheels pointing, more or less where they should, you can never write PT off.

Can I get an "AMEN", brothers and sisters? :angel:

Gary

Chamoo
7th May 2009, 16:26
Can I get an "AMEN", brothers and sisters? :angel:

Gary

AMEN!

maxmach
7th May 2009, 16:43
Go PT GO...........
WIN PT WIN.......
SMILE PT SMILE....
Anybody else got milk

SarahFan
7th May 2009, 17:00
I know its early...

but PT is P5... right behind the red cars of Gannassi and Penske....

TURN3
7th May 2009, 17:18
Go PT GO...........
WIN PT WIN.......
SMILE PT SMILE....
Anybody else got milk

I promise that if PT were to find himself in Victory Lane...he'd pull an Emmo and drink Monster. There isn't a guy out there more loyal and given Monster has stood by him, and he needs a sponsor to pick up the rest of the year and maybe next, I say he pulls the Monster card!

Mark in Oshawa
9th May 2009, 01:08
PT already feels he won this race once. He did it in a one off effort THAT time too.

There is no doubt in my mind that he can win if they can give him enough car. Will it be as good as a Ganassi or Penske entry? On paper no.....but I think PT is smart enough, and the team behind him is competant enough they can get him in the top 5 and it is up to fate, a little luck, and a whole lot of patience, which PT has far more of at places like Indy than he does at a place like Long Beach. PT has always been a FAR better oval driver than people think.....

As drifter said, as long as the 4 wheels are pointing in the right direction and the car keeps going, he is a threat.

garyshell
9th May 2009, 05:36
I know that the trick parts, wind tunnel time etc. etc. all make a big difference in qualifying times. But I wonder, out loud here, how much difference do they all make in the race? We all know that starting from the pole is no real advantage in a 500 miler. So when the cars are all back in full race trim, with a bit of downforce back in the tuning, what will constitute "enough car" for someone like PT to win?

Gary

chuck34
9th May 2009, 06:02
If the car is ANYWHERE close PT will pull it to the top. I don't really like him, but he does get the most out of a car that he can. That being said, with 8-10 pit stops durring the race how "up to the task" will PT's crew be?

NickFalzone
9th May 2009, 20:14
Good Tracy intv with Jack Arute. Versus doing a nice job on the telecast, very professional and solidly produced.

Hoop-98
9th May 2009, 20:22
If PT had won this race, interestingly he would have done it with midpack speed and a lucky fuel call. Some people discount Danica's win in that circumstance, I wonder if they would have discounted Paul's.

If ands and buts were....

rh

garyshell
10th May 2009, 04:51
If PT had won this race, interestingly he would have done it with midpack speed and a lucky fuel call. Some people discount Danica's win in that circumstance, I wonder if they would have discounted Paul's.

And some of us didn't and wouldn't have.

Gary

Hoop-98
10th May 2009, 15:40
And some of us didn't and wouldn't have.

Gary

I am included in that group. A win is a win...

garyshell
10th May 2009, 15:43
I am included in that group. A win is a win...

Trust me Hoop, I postively KNEW you were in that group. Never any doubt about that.

Gary

TURN3
10th May 2009, 16:39

If ands and buts were....

rh

Your post made me have to really think about that. I'm a huge PT fan from '91 (transitioned from a Mears fan) and I think I've made it evident I can't stand Danica (didn't earn her way to the top, no skill, spoiled brat, etc.). I've been "critical" of Danica's win but have always contended that a win is in fact a win. You can't take that away from her regardless of the circumstances. When PT won the 500, it would've generally been under the same circumstances, so no I wouldn't have discounted it either obviously.

I think given that he is the 6th all-time winnigest driver, his win would've lended itself to more credibility though. The fact Danica has never won on any level EVER takes away from her credibility, for starters. Mario Dominguez won I think 2 races in his career. One of them was in Australia under a downpour. The race should've been stopped but because of the travel and schedule the paraded around with a rule that you had to pit every so many laps. As the musical chairs stopped, he ended up in front. A win is a win, right?

Hoop-98
10th May 2009, 16:45
I know what you are saying, but each fan has his/hers own criteria. So to be objective yes, a win is a win...

As fans we can add or subtract importance as we like. Obviously though a win is not a career....

Danica is not yet, may never be a "winning" race driver, and Paul certainly is, by the Hooper standard ;)

rh