PDA

View Full Version : Marco vs Danica

F1boat
14th February 2007, 15:32
Since they are teammates, who will win this AGR battle? The boy or the girls? What do you think?

cobre
14th February 2007, 19:00
Marco wins this battle . i think he's a better racer IMO.

F1boat
14th February 2007, 20:12
I think that he is faster, but he is still very young. On the other hand, Danica seems self-obsessed. So Marco might win it. I hope so :)

beachgirl
14th February 2007, 20:19
My vote's for Marco too. He's got his mind on the ultimate goal - F1 Champion, and will work and do what it takes to get there. Racing is his life. Danica's ultimate goal is to be a celebrity. Her racing is the means, not the end. Not the same thing at all.

Okeefe
14th February 2007, 20:49
I believe Danica is passionate about her racing. I hope she has the car and the team she needs to get there this season because last year I don't think she did and it must have been frustrating. I'm hoping she smokes him.

Jag_Warrior
15th February 2007, 01:38
If (when?) Marco goes for F1, I don't think you'll ever hear him wonder how high the TV ratings will be for his first race (unlike a certain other well known IRL driver).

I've only seen him in a few go-kart and Star Mazda races and he did pretty well. But from what I hear, the kid has got the goods. Some of his detractors say that he was handed his maiden victory last season. Though I didn't see the race, it seems to me that you have to be running up front for someone to "hand" you a victory.

Good luck to the kid.

harvick#1
15th February 2007, 03:25
Marco is a great OW road racer, possibly better then Speed. Watkins Glen showed his talent and would've easily one in not for the dumbass taking him out. then at Sonoma he sorta got lucky but he was running good the whole race.

I think hes way better then Danica but alot of drivers are better then her, so thats not saying much. Danica is too busy trying to get commercial ads then racing for a win.

Okeefe
15th February 2007, 15:00
I saw him in Star Mazda too, and yup I'd say he's got the stuff. He should be good too though, he's got some of the finest mentors there are right there at his arms' length there for him every step of the way. That may make everyone want a win ever quicker from him than from Danica too though.
Should be a pretty good team to watch though - his last name, speed, youth, beauty....A marketer's dream team I'd say.
I'm sure he's got lotsa wins coming his way; but I hope Danica gets her's first though.

F1boat
15th February 2007, 15:18
I hope that Marco will beat her. Danica seems quite arrogant to me IMO.

libra65
15th February 2007, 16:05
Definately Marco. He is a true racer. I agree with beachgirl in that Danica's goal it to be a celebrity & racing is her way to achieve that.

Komahawk
23rd February 2007, 10:21
Marco will smoke her on the road tracks, but on the ovals I think it's actually going to be pretty close.
Pretty hard to predict; it remains to be seen how much Marco can improve, although his test-results look promising.
Danica however will get all the support she needs from the team and then some, and she seems really hungry for her first win. If she manages to get her first win early in the season, I predict she's gonna explode and it wouldn't surprise me if she was all over Marco (and Franchitti too).

About her just being a racing celeb, well, I think the series can call itself lucky to have someone like Danica in the roster. And it's not her fault the media is interested in her. She takes all she can get, nothing wrong with that.

EDIT:
Oh yea, who do I support? Danica all the way, if only it's because most others here are against her!

eRFa
23rd February 2007, 18:13
I hope Danica, but I think that this year will win Marco and then maybe he will go in F1

millencolin
24th February 2007, 05:05
Marco, no question! i dont rate danica, but i do rate marco...

sezix
24th February 2007, 11:31
Danica, has she raced since the 2005 Indy 500? ;)

Seriously she doesn't really stack up as high as the media frenzy make her look. Marco is the new star, he has talent, alot of natural talent that is unlike Danicar who seems to me just a driver who has a few good runs every now and then from the back on ovals.

Interesting to say the least. But my two favourite drivers Hornish and Marco, hope they battle it out for the title this year.

El Sween
24th February 2007, 13:05
Marco no contest.

Alexamateo
24th February 2007, 13:56
http://www1.indycar.com/scoring/2007/reports/indycarseries/homestead-ot/indycar-results-pcomb.pdf

Looking at results from the Homestead Test, It appears that AGR has their act together and will be able to challenge Ganassi and Penske. Their drivers are 3rd(TK), 4th(Marco), and 7th(Dario). Don't know all the details of course, but Danica was mired back in 13th. Hmmm.......

ZzZzZz
24th February 2007, 22:59
I wouldn't be surprised to see Danica win a couple times this year...

But, Marco shows the potential to be a World Champion some day soon. I think he's quite capable of being the IRL champion *this* year, if AGR steps it up. He's a quick learner. It'll soon be hard to say that anyone in the field is clearly better than him.

Not really a fair comparison.

libra65
26th February 2007, 20:05
I wouldn't be surprised to see Danica win a couple times this year...

Really???? I would be surprised as hell if she even got one win.

F1boat
28th February 2007, 07:44
Interesting to say the least. But my two favourite drivers Hornish and Marco, hope they battle it out for the title this year.

My fave drivers are Wheldon and Marco, if two fight for the championship, it'll be terrific.

Chris R
5th March 2007, 20:01
Marco hands down, Danica might be a half decent driver - but she is mostly a media fascination. She MIGHT win a race one of these days - she might win a bunch of them - but I agree with the poster who said she wants to be a celebrity and racing is her tool to reach that status... Marco seems to be a racer who will deal with celebrity if it comes his way....

That being said, I guess being a modern race car driver requires a certian amount of media saavy to earn a living - so perhaps I am under-rating Danica....

Naa - Marco is just plain better..... ;)