PDA

View Full Version : Formula One Artwork Question

GRAVETT
14th February 2007, 13:49
hi everyone, im a career motorsport artist and was wondering what people would prefer to see a painting of.or you can post photos that you would like to see recreated as a painting. i am looking to do a new one for a uk motorsport store with the view of creating a print run.
whoever sends the the best picture i shall produce the work from that and they shall recieve a signed print also.

DanielB
14th February 2007, 17:21
You need the permission of the photographer before you turned their art into your own, so people should only post images for this if they own the copyright...

GRAVETT
15th February 2007, 14:00
i thought this would be an answer if you read carefully the letter of the law copyright only applies to the actual photographic image and to a reproduction of the image as a drawing/painting. i strive to always still ask the permission of the photographer (if im working from images not created by myself) when producing images from others photos but the copyright laws do not apply.

AndySpeed
15th February 2007, 14:15
Is thi formula one only or motorsport in general?

I really love the contrast in this image:
http://www.autosport.com/gallery/picture_free.php/dir/2006f1review/image/r_2006-04-21T134359-2

GRAVETT
15th February 2007, 14:17
i work primarily as an f1 artist but do alot for other forms of motorsport, im currently working for a btcc team on a few pieces that will be made available as prints for fans this season

93VTEC
15th February 2007, 14:56
Colours are a bit exagerated....but here it is