PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile in Turkmenistan

EuroTroll
14th February 2007, 10:19
I bring good tidings from Turkmenistan, a former Brother Republic to my own. :up:

After the tragic death, on December 21, of the President, His Excellency Saparmurat Niyazov Türkmenbaşy - the five times winner of the Hero of Turkmenistan award, the man who renamed the months after himself and his family, and erected a golden rotating statue of himself to always shine the light on the people - the Turkmen were without a leader.

But on February 11, they proudly elected a new President in general elections! With an attendance rate of 98 %, 89.2 % of the Turkmens made the right choice and elected Kurbanguly Berdymukhamedov as their new leader.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/02/13/turkmenistan.president.ap/story.turkmenistan.afp.gi.jpg

This can only mean that the beginning of the Turkmen Golden Age is at hand, since Mr. Berdymukhamedov has indicated that one of his initiatives will be to let ordinary Turkmens use the internet as well. Our spies also report that Mr. Berdymukhamedov has promised his people to personally see to it that central heating is installed in every house by 2040, so that they can finally take their hats off when indoors.

:!: I hope you will join me in saying, "Long live President Berdymukhamedov, and may he bring glory to the Turkmen people. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!" :!:

CNN story (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/02/14/turkmenistan.reut/index.html)

Eki
14th February 2007, 10:55
I bring good tidings from Turkmenistan, a former Brother Republic to my own. :up:

After the tragic death, on December 21, of the President, His Excellency Saparmurat Niyazov Türkmenbaşy - the five times winner of the Hero of Turkmenistan award, the man who renamed the months after himself and his family, and erected a golden rotating statue of himself to always shine the light on the people - the Turkmen were without a leader.
[/url]

I must say Estonian presidents have always lacked imagination compared to their collegues in the East.

Hats off to President Berdymukhamedov!

CarlMetro
14th February 2007, 11:00
:!: I hope you will join me in saying, "Long live President Berdymukhamedov, and may he bring glory to the Turkmen people. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!" :!:

I would, but can't pronounce it :\

tinchote
14th February 2007, 11:31
The attendance rate of 98% should make every country in the world to send officials to learn how to do it ;) :D

janneppi
14th February 2007, 11:42
How did the old saying go?
It's not important who votes, it's important who counts the votes. :)

tinchote
14th February 2007, 12:10
How did the old saying go?
It's not important who votes, it's important who counts the votes. :)

Very true :D

EuroTroll
14th February 2007, 13:07
I must say Estonian presidents have always lacked imagination compared to their collegues in the East.

That's very true, and I've been thinking long and hard why that is. I guess it's really this irrational and reactionary post-Soviet "crawling to the West" attitude that has prevailed in our society. Our leaders are always talking about learning from the West, and trading with the West and trying to be more like the West. West this, West that - West, West, West. :hmph:

Really makes sick now that my eyes are open and I have finally thought about it! :hmph: All these wasted years that we could have spent trying to be more like the proud nations in the East! :up: I think we would be a much happier, much more unanimous nation if we had - with much better statues. :up:

tinchote
14th February 2007, 13:13
- with much better statues. :up:

And better months' names! ;) :D

EuroTroll
14th February 2007, 13:26
And better months' names! ;) :D

Yes! :D

Erki
14th February 2007, 14:23
I'm not a smoker, but has any Estonian member* here spotted West cigarettes in Estonia?

And yes, East is much better than West. :up:

*edit: Finns can answer this one better I'm afraid. ;) :D

tinchote
14th February 2007, 14:25
I'm not a smoker, but has any Estonian member* here spotted West cigarettes in Estonia?

And yes, East is much better than West. :up:

*edit: Finns can answer this one better I'm afraid. ;) :D

So you have East cigarettes?

Erki
14th February 2007, 14:31
I told you, I'm not a smoker. ;)

EuroTroll
14th February 2007, 14:40
I told you, I'm not a smoker. ;)

This is exactly what I'm talking about, my fellow forumers! Look at this nouveau Estonian! He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't beat his wife, he (probably) doesn't hang his pets - and yet he posts!

This is exactly the sort of despicable swine that has kept Estonia from realizing its totalitarian destiny! :hmph:

A.F.F.
14th February 2007, 14:52
This is exactly what I'm talking about, my fellow forumers! Look at this nouveau Estonian! He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't beat his wife, he (probably) doesn't hang his pets - and yet he posts!

Objection your honour. !!!!

Speculation. He doesn't have a wife.

Roamy
14th February 2007, 14:57
Hola Bergy
Straighten that Iceberg out. !! Would be nice if he could accelerate the heating program.

EuroTroll
14th February 2007, 15:02
Objection your honour. !!!!

Speculation. He doesn't have a wife.

Yes, that's true..

But if he did, I think he still wouldn't beat her - such is the level of Western corruption in his soul! :hmph:

Ian McC
14th February 2007, 19:34
Must get myself one of those hats :D

I see in the pic a man wearing an Oily style flat cap, maybe Mr Oaf has been there.

sagsert
14th February 2007, 20:09
Must get myself one of those hats :D

Here in the Evil West, we already adopted those hats.

2004 Ramada Express International Rally.
Victor Kuhns and myself the night before the start fighting the cold with our extremely stylish hats and ample influx of Stroh.

Eki
17th February 2007, 21:26
OK, now they have internet cafes. Maybe soon they'll be warm enough to take off their mittens and operate the keyboard:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/02/16/turkmenistan.internet.ap/index.html

EuroTroll
18th February 2007, 03:45
Certainly a real positive development. :up:

Ian McC
18th February 2007, 09:11
"The connection speed is fantastic, but the price stinks,"

Seems like the internet is the same all over then :D