PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Fisher's day....

ChicagocrewIRL
27th April 2009, 06:34
So if you were Sarah Fisher and Dollar General, would you consider the Kansas race a success ????

13th place finish 1 lap down.

qualified inside Row 6....

No damage to the car.

Finished ahead of Justin Wilson, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Dario Franchitti, etc.

seppefan
27th April 2009, 11:32
So if you were Sarah Fisher and Dollar General, would you consider the Kansas race a success ????

13th place finish 1 lap down.

qualified inside Row 6....

No damage to the car.

Finished ahead of Justin Wilson, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Dario Franchitti, etc.

Very much so and has been out a race for a longer period than all the other drivers including Milka.

SarahFan
27th April 2009, 14:45
her goal was a top ten....

as a racer I'm guessing she was hoping for more...

as a team owner shes relieved the first race is over and car etc are in one piece...

bring on may.....I dont expect a win or even a top ten.... doubt she will be a first day qualifyer......

But Sarah bleeds I500..... and i respect that!... and will be rooting for her

garyshell
27th April 2009, 16:10
As an owner, I think Sarah considered Kansas to be a shakedown of the car and the new team before Indy. In that light, ROLLLING the car back on the hauler was a success.

Gary

disko
27th April 2009, 17:26
i think it was a successful shakedown day. test the car, test the team, get ready for indy. brought it home in 1 piece. If she can run top 10 at indy, i think dollar should be really happy, I would. its defintiely doable.

FIAT1
27th April 2009, 17:32
I'm impressed what she did with a team as the owner and what she did on the track and I'm not a big fan of oval racing but she got my respect. Bravo!

garyshell
27th April 2009, 18:01
To be honest, I doubt Dollar General cares where she finishes. All they are really concerned with, and this is no knock on them or Sarah, is how many times the Dollar General logo is on screen or mentioned on the air. A podium finish would of course gain them LOTS of exposure so they would be over the moon with that. But it is the exposure they (and ALL sponsors) really seek. Again, that is not intended to be in any way a knock on sponsors.

Go Sarah!! I am definitely rooting for you!

Gary

SarahFan
27th April 2009, 18:46
To be honest, I doubt Dollar General cares where she finishes. All they are really concerned with, and this is no knock on them or Sarah, is how many times the Dollar General logo is on screen or mentioned on the air. A podium finish would of course gain them LOTS of exposure so they would be over the moon with that. But it is the exposure they (and ALL sponsors) really seek. Again, that is not intended to be in any way a knock on sponsors.

Go Sarah!! I am definitely rooting for you!

Gary

do they have a podium at Indy?

garyshell
27th April 2009, 19:41
do they have a podium at Indy?

[THUD] (sound of heel of right hand, squarely hitting forehead)

Doh! Of course they don't, but they should. ...big ol' grin...

Gary

Gluaistean
27th April 2009, 23:44
Dollar General is impressed because they have incresed their partnership to innclude more races. Sarah should be very pleased too. She ran in terrible conditions and was able to keep the car on the track.

Dang, Doornbos for hitting that typre...sheeeesh

ChicagocrewIRL
28th April 2009, 03:04
WOW Ken !!! changed your name to SarahFan ??? She must have made a big impression on you this weekend.

SarahFan
28th April 2009, 03:40
well she is going to be on pole and lap the field during the race so I figured I would snag up the name before all of the jumpersonboard came out of the woodwork!!!!

F1fanru
28th April 2009, 04:08
As a hobby racer just making the field is a success. Being a one dimensional driver in a series requiring two dimensions doesn't make much sense. She's a good gimmick who has a few fans who buy a few tickets. Overall is she should pick a series where she has the opportunity fully participate.

SarahFan
28th April 2009, 04:47
As a hobby racer just making the field is a success. Being a one dimensional driver in a series requiring two dimensions doesn't make much sense. She's a good gimmick who has a few fans who buy a few tickets. Overall is she should pick a series where she has the opportunity fully participate.

your missing it ...

for Sarah it truly is all about Indy...

she IS what the month of May is all about

ChicagocrewIRL
28th April 2009, 05:07
your missing it ...

I think your new forum name is a great tribute to Sarah.

garyshell
28th April 2009, 05:09
your missing it ...

Abso-freakin-loutely!!! F1fanru appears to not have a clue about the real meaning and history of the 500 in its pre CART days. My love of CART is well known here, so don't get me wrong but sadly CART was the beginning of the end of the true privateers at Indy. Sarah is a bit of a throwback (as much as one can be today) to that era. Her single minded determination is to be applauded not dismissed with comments like:

Gary

F1fanru
28th April 2009, 05:46
Abso-freakin-loutely!!! F1fanru appears to not have a clue about the real meaning and history of the 500 in its pre CART days. My love of CART is well known here, so don't get me wrong but sadly CART was the beginning of the end of the true privateers at Indy. Sarah is a bit of a throwback (as much as one can be today) to that era. Her single minded determination is to be applauded not dismissed with comments like:

Gary

I applaud her fund raising abilities, but your not telling me it's like the special olympics where her participation is the accomplishment not her performance in the event.

garyshell
28th April 2009, 06:13
I applaud her fund raising abilities, but your not telling me it's like the special olympics where her participation is the accomplishment not her performance in the event.

No, if you understood the historic role of privateers in the tradition of the Indy 500, you would know that there were many teams who came to Indy to participate and do as well as they could on a limited budget with a dream of drinking the milk. The month of May was about the participation AND the performance. Not one to the exclusion of the other. With your criteria, why should anyone other than Chipster, the Captain, AGR and NHL even bother to field a team. That is what is WRONG with what the 500 has become.

Let me ask an honest question, no motives attached: Did you ever see an Indy 500 pre CART days?

Gary

dataman1
28th April 2009, 16:16
No, if you understood the historic role of privateers in the tradition of the Indy 500, you would know that there were many teams who came to Indy to participate and do as well as they could on a limited budget with a dream of drinking the milk. The month of May was about the participation AND the performance. Not one to the exclusion of the other. With your criteria, why should anyone other than Chipster, the Captain, AGR and NHL even bother to field a team. That is what is WRONG with what the 500 has become.

Let me ask an honest question, no motives attached: Did you ever see an Indy 500 pre CART days?

Gary

Gary, right on brother!. One possible exception: Jim Hurtubise at the end of his career when he was there to help his sponsor "Miller" by consuming as much as possible then putting his roadster in the show at the last minute.

SarahFan
28th April 2009, 17:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOIzkC8apI

SarahFan
28th April 2009, 17:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qcro79q9I&feature=related

SarahFan
28th April 2009, 17:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5IwNPfKx8