PDA

View Full Version : rate the race baby (4)

Sonic
26th April 2009, 21:27
Vent here guys and gals.....

Race gets a 8/10 for me - crackin racing up and down the grid, and NO politics.

Williams - 2/10. So so bad, where has all that pace gone?

Mechanics (all teams) 10/10 - how reliable were those cars????? My road car couldn't do 57 laps in that heat!

Piquet - 6/10. That's the kind of drive you expect from a number two. Much better.

Mark Webber - 8/10. That guy drives so well when he's mad, if reliabilty hadn't been so good he'd surely picked up some points for his hard work.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 21:35
9/10
Bloody good race, had action, strategy and the driver I preferred to win, won :)

christophulus
26th April 2009, 21:38
6/10 - somewhat underwhelmed by it. Good drives from a large proportion of the field but the result was fairly obvious from about half distance.

wedge
26th April 2009, 21:52
Had its moments, underwhelming after about 10 laps, but watched rest of the race with the onboards and the main feed misses out on so much eg. respect to Piquet today for his effort to hold Rubens for a few laps as he placed his car in all the right places and used KERS to advantage.

52Paddy
26th April 2009, 22:16
7/10. By all means a good race. Some great overtaking and battles all race long. But I would have liked the Toyotas to put up more of a fight for the race win. It would also have been nice to have the Ferraris and BMWs in the mix. If them two teams get their act together for the coming races, the results may be a complete lottery.

Psycho!
26th April 2009, 22:20
Fingers crossed for Spain...

aryan
27th April 2009, 00:38
6/10 for me too (which in my book is 'good').

I'm not hoping for much in Barcelona, cause it's... Barcelona

markabilly
27th April 2009, 01:44
3/10
but bettter than the usual 1.5 of 10
sad once again

A faster car (Vettel) can not pass a slower car and trulli could not pass hamilton
Gee, does not take much to make you guys happy...

N. Jones
27th April 2009, 02:09
Race gets an 8/10 from me. Good battles for position, lots of intrigue - was Toyota finally winning, and if so who would it be? Raikkonen and Hamilton closer to the front, the Brawns with a good strategy, all kept me interested.

ozrevhead
27th April 2009, 03:23
3/10

Boring as - no overtaking to speak of

Big Ben
27th April 2009, 07:24
1/10 for RB for all that hand shaking because NP jr. didn't let him through. He was quite pathetic I'd say.

wmcot
27th April 2009, 07:30
5/10 - Typically average modern F1 race - a few good moments mixed in an hour and a half of follow-the-leader.

52Paddy
27th April 2009, 08:49
1/10 for RB for all that hand shaking because NP jr. didn't let him through. He was quite pathetic I'd say.

I wouldn't agree. I don't think Barrichello expected Piquet to move over. It seems to me that he was just frustrated at the painfully slow Renault his charge was compromised by, and he just had to let it out visually. I think it was a case of: "Come on, you can take that corner way quicker man!" as opposed to "Get the flip out of my way!"

Lets be honest, Piquet was real slow looking from RB's onboard.

PolePosition_1
27th April 2009, 08:59
6/10 - not the best race, but entertaining nevertheless, and had potential throughout to become a classic duel, which never happened, but kept me excited at the prospect.

Jenson for driver of the day, and a special mention to Piquet for a solid race, he had good actual racing, defending and overtaking well.

aryan
27th April 2009, 09:18
5/10 - Typically average modern F1 race - a few good moments mixed in an hour and a half of follow-the-leader.

Which leader? By the end of first round of pits, 5 drivers could lead the race. By the second round, that possibility had gone down to 3. But the point is, until very late in the race, it was still anyone's race. Specially as we didn't know what Tulli would do on the super-softs in his final stint when everyone else was on mediums.

truefan72
27th April 2009, 11:02

felt the same way

ShiftingGears
27th April 2009, 11:05
It was solid, interesting and had its moments. 7 for me.

AndyL
27th April 2009, 11:49
I wouldn't agree. I don't think Barrichello expected Piquet to move over. It seems to me that he was just frustrated at the painfully slow Renault his charge was compromised by, and he just had to let it out visually. I think it was a case of: "Come on, you can take that corner way quicker man!" as opposed to "Get the flip out of my way!"

Lets be honest, Piquet was real slow looking from RB's onboard.

A fair assessment, but I would say Rubens' obvious frustration was not the right response to the situation. I think it suggests that Rubens' morale is dropping and he's getting himself into a negative frame of mind.

wedge
27th April 2009, 11:52
A faster car (Vettel) can not pass a slower car and trulli could not pass hamilton
Gee, does not take much to make you guys happy...

That's why refuelling should be banned. Vettel sat back to save fuel decided to pit pass him instead.

SGWilko
27th April 2009, 11:53
A fair assessment, but I would say Rubens' obvious frustration was not the right response to the situation. I think it suggests that Rubens' morale is dropping and he's getting himself into a negative frame of mind.

Eh? Am I the only one who thought, given he had to manage cooling issues etc, and being constantly stuck in traffic, that he was quite recey yesterday?

SGWilko
27th April 2009, 11:55
That's why refuelling should be banned. Vettel sat back to save fuel decided to pit pass him instead.

I have to confess that I really like the idea of having a set amount of fuel per race, and having to manage consumption etc. Only pitting for tyres/damage repair if necessary.

ANd yes, let them pick and choose what compound to run.

markabilly
27th April 2009, 11:59
Which leader? By the end of first round of pits, 5 drivers could lead the race. By the second round, that possibility had gone down to 3. But the point is, until very late in the race, it was still anyone's race. Specially as we didn't know what Tulli would do on the super-softs in his final stint when everyone else was on mediums.

says it all as to why "3" might be a little high....unless you love great pit passing

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132840

wedge
27th April 2009, 12:01

They were racing for position. Piquet was 1 stopping, Rubens doing 3.

Agreed but 3 stopping was not the right strategy. Still can't fathom the thinking behind it.

At that moment in time, due to red mist, Rubens was driving erratically at times, especially at the exit off slow stuff and spinning the rear wheels way too much.

stevie_gerrard
27th April 2009, 12:10
Race 7/10 Some good action at the start, and then great strategies paid off for Brawn GP.

Mark Webber 9/10 Just for the first lap, and the fact that he fought so hard after being so harshly at the back.

AndyL
27th April 2009, 12:22
Agreed but 3 stopping was not the right strategy. Still can't fathom the thinking behind it.

Ross Brawn alluded to this in an interview afterwards, IIRC he said something along the lines of Rubens being unhappy with the handling of the car and a 3-stopper being the strategy that he (Rubens) was comfortable with.
If you were uncharitable you might say that was just Ross trying to deflect the blame for a strategy that turned out to be a failure. But I don't believe he would have said that if Rubens hadn't had a significant part in choosing the strategy.

Edit: found it - 2:40 in:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8019435.stm

jens
27th April 2009, 18:29
Just one sentence: most uneventful race of the season so far.
It doesn't mean the race itself was bad (the winner was unclear for some time), but it's a testimony to the high quality of F1 2009. :)

Jag_Warrior
27th April 2009, 19:46
I enjoyed the race, and Bahrain is far from my favorite circuit. It takes some time to get used to not seeing the traditional heavy hitters up front (and I think that's one thing that many of us feel), but it was a good race, IMO.