PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the Race - Bahrain 2009

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 14:55
Nakajima. This kid is getting on my nerves!

He can't match Rosberg in qualifying, race pace, or even finish a race. He has retired his car for a second race in a row and it's not due to car failure, but just because the car was at the back of the pack. Maybe Williams should change engine suppliers to attain a better second driver because this is ridiculous.

UltimateDanGTR
26th April 2009, 14:56
Nakajima has been crap.

he gets my vote

Ranger
26th April 2009, 14:59
Nakajima. Slow and crash-prone.

Sutil and Fisi didn't cover themselves in glory either.

ArrowsFA1
26th April 2009, 15:00
The BMW team. Terrible race.

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 15:01
The BMW team. Terrible race.Almost forgot about those two yokels at the back. Finished 18th and 19th.
They are probably at an all time low in that garage.

Ranger
26th April 2009, 15:02
BMW are donkeys of the season for forcing KERS on everyone and being at the absolute rear of the grid with it.

pino
26th April 2009, 15:03
Toyota's engineers for tires strategy :down:

veeten
26th April 2009, 15:11
BMW are donkeys of the season for forcing KERS on everyone and being at the absolute rear of the grid with it.

It's called Karma, dude.

Okay, Mario, explain this weekend to the boys back in Munich. :dozey:

Psycho!
26th April 2009, 15:20
Toyota's engineers for tires strategy :down:
Totally agree!!They killed themselves....

wedge
26th April 2009, 15:21
Glock - led the race and then went backwards.

At least Trulli managed to hold off Vettel in the middle stint.

Roamy
26th April 2009, 15:49

Well said and screw that arrogant Mario too!

F1boat
26th April 2009, 16:02
Fisi for blocking Jenson. Useless fool.

christophulus
26th April 2009, 16:03
Yep, BMW had a shocker, slow all weekend and embarrassing in the race. Toyota messed up the tyres, but I think they were outpaced by Button and Vettel anyway.

Has to be whoever is head of the Overtaking Working Group - the rule changes made no difference whatsoever :down:

F1boat
26th April 2009, 16:23
Christo, I think that the track just makes it harder... But Button on Lewis and Alonso on Trulli was beautiful.

Garry Walker
26th April 2009, 16:34
Fisichella and nakajima

VkmSpouge
26th April 2009, 16:35
BMW Sauber for a pretty terrible race and Giancarlo Fisichella for his blocking of the race leader.

markabilly
26th April 2009, 16:57
It cannot be BMW.
They abandoned 2008 season when Kubica had a shot at wdc, so they would win big time in 2009. Said they did not need alonso, they were going to be too good with out him
No way, they could be donkey, running at back of pack.

pettersolberg29
26th April 2009, 17:04
Both BMWs were hit at the first corner and drove on with bad damage and with their one stop startegy ruined. Heidfeld's KERS also broke. So its a bit harsh, even if their quali was poor. Poor car, poor quali, unfortunate race.

Azumanga Davo
26th April 2009, 17:05

But then again, they'll be collecting the data better than those who aren't running it. I expect their system to improve by next year or even sooner than that...

veeten
26th April 2009, 17:10
and somewhere within the BMW Motorsport offices, Jochen Neerpasch is laughing his a$$ off... ;)

markabilly
26th April 2009, 18:34
But then again, they'll be collecting the data better than those who aren't running it. I expect their system to improve by next year or even sooner than that...
or the year after that....or the years after that.....

jens
26th April 2009, 19:15
Among front-runners Barrichello and Glock - they were nowhere near their team-mates. Rubens can now say bye-bye to WDC. And that hand-waving to Piquet - he must have been so used to lapping Piquet that fighting with him for position felt unreal. :laugh: Where was Kovalainen all race, while his team-mate was challenging for a podium?

Among teams I agree with the strategy of Toyota (well, strategy has been their weak point for many years already) and BMW-Sauber.

goodf1fun
26th April 2009, 19:24
ΜΑssa!

Destroy Front Wing

Daniel
26th April 2009, 20:03
Fisichella for his block on Button.

Sonic
26th April 2009, 20:13
Kovalainen - Totally anonymous all race long. Total pants.

Knock-on
26th April 2009, 20:42
Kovy back to normal after his one good race of the season.
BMW for being hopeless.
Rubins is being totally outclassed by his team mate more so than when he was with Schumacher. He hasn't got the excuse that he's not allowed to fight now but the winner is....

Well, I'm not going to give it to one person but the Toyota team. Fastest car out there today, locked out the front grid and were pathetic all race from driving to strategy. What a waste.

DexDexter
26th April 2009, 20:44
Among front-runners Barrichello and Glock - they were nowhere near their team-mates. Rubens can now say bye-bye to WDC. And that hand-waving to Piquet - he must have been so used to lapping Piquet that fighting with him for position felt unreal. :laugh: Where was Kovalainen all race, while his team-mate was challenging for a podium?

Among teams I agree with the strategy of Toyota (well, strategy has been their weak point for many years already) and BMW-Sauber.

I know where Kovalainen was. He started on hard tires with a heavy fuel load, they had to abandon the strategy cause the tires didn't work. They informed Lewis on the radio in the broadcast that the hard tire was at least a second slower in a Mclaren.

jens
26th April 2009, 21:10
Fastest car out there today, locked out the front grid and were pathetic all race from driving to strategy. What a waste.

I don't think Toyota has quite the fastest car (quite a compliment anyway, would you have believed they are capable of constructing one? ;) ), but the three teams of BGP, RBR and Toyota are quite close performance-wise. And I disagree that Jarno's driving was pathetic.

Knock-on
26th April 2009, 21:32
I don't think Toyota has quite the fastest car (quite a compliment anyway, would you have believed they are capable of constructing one? ;) ), but the three teams of BGP, RBR and Toyota are quite close performance-wise. And I disagree that Jarno's driving was pathetic.

OK, I disagree about the Toyota for the following reasons.

JB drove the wheels off the Brawn in qualifying but was still beaten by the Toyotas (and a Red B by the way). That says to me that the Toyotas were very quick especially as I don't really rate JT and am not the biggest fan of TG either.

However, saying that, you are right that I was overly critical of JT and he was not as bad as the rest of the team, even if he wasn't stunning, he didn't deserve the criticism aimed at the rest ;)

jens
26th April 2009, 21:42
OK, I disagree about the Toyota for the following reasons.

JB drove the wheels off the Brawn in qualifying but was still beaten by the Toyotas (and a Red B by the way). That says to me that the Toyotas were very quick especially as I don't really rate JT and am not the biggest fan of TG either.

However, saying that, you are right that I was overly critical of JT and he was not as bad as the rest of the team, even if he wasn't stunning, he didn't deserve the criticism aimed at the rest ;)

Shame that you don't rate Trulli. ;) I think he was the best performer in qualifying and that's why he beat Button there. Looking at Button's race pace, his quali performance was slightly disappointing. And after quali Brawn team admitted that they need to find more one-lap pace.

Sonic
26th April 2009, 22:07
I formally retract my kovy donkey statement. (That's my best mclaren speak ;-) ) he had a cr@p stratagy so can't blame the guy.

woody2goody
27th April 2009, 00:29
I formally retract my kovy donkey statement. (That's my best mclaren speak ;-) ) he had a cr@p stratagy so can't blame the guy.

Also he got hit at the start so that wasn't his fault either.

As much as I like the guy Nakajima was a bit of a donkey today.

Also Massa for hitting Kimi.

Other than that everyone else was pretty good today I thought.

ozrevhead
27th April 2009, 03:16
Toyota - for their stragety or lack their of :rolleyes:
Sutil - enough said!
BMW - going backwards
Massa - for hitting Kimi

that will do for now

wmcot
27th April 2009, 07:27
Toyota - half donkey points (at least the "Trulli train" was back for awhile)
BMW - full donkey points. Yes they had damage, but never looked in contention all weekend (but they both had KERS!) :)

Azumanga Davo
27th April 2009, 08:12
or the year after that....or the years after that.....

Im sure BMW are bit brainier than that.

millencolin
27th April 2009, 09:22
I would say Sutil, but he was the donkey of Qualifying...

The whole BMW team... Just woeful, 2007-08 Honda woeful!

truefan72
27th April 2009, 10:59
Rubens
For continuously making hand gestures at Piquet instead of putting his foot down. That really bothered me. You have to earn your place not expect a car to let you through. They were fighting for position and it was never as if piquet slammed the door at him at any point. He was simply doing his thing and rubens could not get by. Very disappointing behavior from rubens. How quickly a sense of entitlement comes after 3 races. :down:

ShiftingGears
27th April 2009, 11:25
Nakajima, Fisichella, BMW and Toyota.

stevie_gerrard
27th April 2009, 12:01
Has to be BMW, i pinned all of my fantasy f1 championship on them doing well this season, and i cant change it till the summer break :( They really are performing terribly and there seems to be a rumpus between team and drivers at the mo, which is not good.

Sleeper
27th April 2009, 18:10
Both BMWs were hit at the first corner and drove on with bad damage and with their one stop startegy ruined. Heidfeld's KERS also broke. So its a bit harsh, even if their quali was poor. Poor car, poor quali, unfortunate race.
I'm not sure, but it looked like the BMW drivers ran into each other at turn 1, thus making themselves their own worst enemy.

BMW of course, but then they're turning into donkeys of the season with a shocker of a car.

woody2goody
27th April 2009, 22:42
Toyota - half donkey points (at least the "Trulli train" was back for awhile)
BMW - full donkey points. Yes they had damage, but never looked in contention all weekend (but they both had KERS!) :)

Yeah but 'The return of the Trulli Train' was only brought about by the poor hard tyres. We had the Vettel Train at the end of the Grand Prix.