PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to compete on a karting season but cant afford it?

leohopkins
26th April 2009, 11:46
Hi guys?

Ever wanted to compete in a karting season but cannot afford the expense of buying and maintaining your own kart? Well, I have had an idea, and if you are interested drop me an email and as soon as enough people are interested I can get things organised......

Initially this season will take place only in london and the south-east, but may expand to other parts of the country, depending on its success.....

.....What I am organising is a hire-kart season. The championship entry fee will be £30 for the year and the only other costs are the individual race-entry fees and your own travel to and from the circuit etc. All competitors will be using the tracks own hire-karts, race entry fee will be dependant on the track, but these will be published before the start of the season. Points are accumulated throughout the individual races. Trophies will be awarded at each of the venues for 1st 2nd & 3rd, and the overall winner of the season will recieve a championship trophy and possibly a cash prize. ( I say possibly, because this is something that will need to be discussed.)

Anyway, if you are interested, let me know.

patnicholls
30th April 2009, 14:12
I'd suggest you go on Facebook and look up "Race Drivers Inc", that's a similar idea and you can pool your efforts or help out with that since things are already underway in terms of getting the 2010 dates sorted. The main man for RDI is a guy called Barry Scott and all extra help is appreciated.

leohopkins
1st May 2009, 14:53
I'd suggest you go on Facebook and look up "Race Drivers Inc", that's a similar idea and you can pool your efforts or help out with that since things are already underway in terms of getting the 2010 dates sorted. The main man for RDI is a guy called Barry Scott and all extra help is appreciated.

Thanks mate, ill look into it :-)

dwf1
18th May 2009, 16:46
I also suggest you look at http://www.covkartsport.com

It's where I race and is about 45 a race which aint bad and is slightly cheaper than RDI, which I would love to get involved in when I have the time

COVKARTSPORT is a series which has been set up since 1996. We race at a number of tracks like, for example, Rye House, Sutton Circuit, Hooton Park, Red Lodge, Ancaster and Glan-y-gors. Friendly and clean racing. Great series.

Nem14
20th May 2009, 03:06
Hi guys?

Ever wanted to compete in a karting season but cannot afford the expense of buying and maintaining your own kart? Yes.

I wanted to badly enough that I found a bargain basement (old), 2-cycle kart outfit I could afford to buy, risked financial ruin and did it anyway half way through the 2006 racing season here in Iowa. I finished the season 4th overall in the standings. I had won some races.

While I was an over-the-road truck driver I had raced indoor rental karts and had had the opportunity to drive a shifter kart (not racing) a couple of times at a kart school in Arizona, so I knew it was something I really wanted to do and that I could drive reasonably well.

I won the 2007 championship in my class though I still had a shoestring, bare bones racing budget. Unfortunately, I know where you can buy a kart racing track in central Iowa as the track closed after the 07 season.

I still have my kart in case a buyer for the track were to appear.

Tom Bolton
17th June 2009, 16:59
I would recommend looking at this site, it has a break down of the current championships available and there are a few more that are very similar such as club 100. http://www.kartingperfection.co.uk/Championship%20Landing.html

patnicholls
17th June 2009, 22:25
I would recommend looking at this site, it has a break down of the current championships available and there are a few more that are very similar such as club 100. http://www.kartingperfection.co.uk/Championship%20Landing.html

Yep, I do Club 100 too.

For indoor racing-type stuff, there's now this too:

http://www.nkachampionship.co.uk/

Which is run by a guy who's part of C100 and also runs the British Uni Karting Championship and the British Schools one too.

All kinds of stuff!